Just Ordered Pelikan M600 White Tortise

airborne18th

Thanks to those who have post images of thier Pelikan Tortise with the white cap.. I just orrded an m600, fine nib ( for some reason it was cheaper than the XF and M ). I could resist the price 330. I was all set on getting a 625 sterling silver Blue, but got sidetracked by the images people have been posting.

So now I will wait a little to get the m625. That will be my last pen for a while.. I got pen happy this holiday season, and was hoping I was done.. though can't resist these pelikans/

Your life really starts when you buy your first Dupont fountain pen; so stop aimlessly wandering through life and buy a Dupont!

Paralyzed US Army Paratrooper - All The Way!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• airborne18th

• jttoft

• suexilin

• Earthdawn

I got the 400 white tortoise and while smaller the details are the same. So beautiful to look at and endlessly smooth !

I got a Fine as well and have to say it is pretty close to a medium. Great to me as i like it that way.

Make sure ot post some pics when you get it.

Congrats :clap1:

I got the 400 white tortoise and while smaller the details are the same. So beautiful to look at and endlessly smooth !

I got a Fine as well and have to say it is pretty close to a medium. Great to me as i like it that way.

Make sure ot post some pics when you get it.

Congrats :clap1:

My preference would have been for the 400 ( well maybe ), but seemed to close to the m200 in size. I have a 200 in Fine and agree with your Medium assesment. I will probably just order an XF nib from Binder, that way for the price of an XF I will end up with 2 nibs. Not sure why the Fine was so much cheaper than the other sizes, especially since the nibs are interchangable.

Your life really starts when you buy your first Dupont fountain pen; so stop aimlessly wandering through life and buy a Dupont!

If you happened to look at my photos of this pen: You're very welcome.

It is a beautiful pen. I, too, find the F nib rather wide, so I have sent mine in for a nib exchange.

By the way, the M400 is the exact same size as the M200, so you made the right choice if you find that model to be too small.

Congratulations - a very lovely pen indeed.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

I generally prefer larger pens, the M800 and M1000 are just fine. I have two of the red M625s (I liked the first one a lot, the second was used and a great price). I was thinking of getting a blue or aubergine 625, but I have had my eye one the white tortoise as well. It is just a gorgeous pen! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

i have both the white tortoise M600 and the 625, and they each have their own charm. i suspect that you'll like the 600 more, as it's such a treat for the eyes as well as the hand. for me, the 625 is cool and classic; the white tortoise is warm and romantic ;)

Check out my blog and my pens

It is a beautiful pen. I, too, find the F nib rather wide, so I have sent mine in for a nib exchange.

By the way, the M400 is the exact same size as the M200, so you made the right choice if you find that model to be too small.

Yes I did look at your photos, and they really pushed me.

I didn't realize they were the same size. I generally do not like small pens, the m200 and the Pilot Prera are 2 exceptions. But yes the m600 is a size more to my liking.

I didn't realize they were the same size. I generally do not like small pens, the m200 and the Pilot Prera are 2 exceptions. But yes the m600 is a size more to my liking.

- Well, in that case, I apologize for pushing you off course. :) Although it is a nice pen, so I'm sure you'll be happy just the same. I miss mine. :(

You can have a look at this size comparison for the Pelikan line (at the bottom of the page): Pelikan Size Comparison

Edited by jttoft

- Well, in that case, I apologize for pushing you off course. :) Although it is a nice pen, so I'm sure you'll be happy just the same. I miss mine. :(

You can have a look at this size comparison for the Pelikan line (at the bottom of the page): Pelikan Size Comparison

I did receive the pen today, and it is flawless. I don't want to ink it, it just looks so perfect I do not want to disturb it by inking it.

It is indeed a beautiful, beautiful pen. I bought mine just recently, after lusting after for over seven years, when it was first introduced. That's how long I have saved up for it. I even thought I had to pay extra for shipping and customs, and wait about a month for it to arrive, until I saw it in a wonderful, wonderful store here in Metro Manila, called Scribe.

I got it with an EF nib, and it writes just perfectly. Now looking for a mossy green from the Diamine line to load it with. (Right now I'm using the pen with J. Herbin's Vert reseda.)

I did receive the pen today, and it is flawless. I don't want to ink it, it just looks so perfect I do not want to disturb it by inking it.

line up all your inks next to it, and imagine how they would look when you start writing :)

Ah, I envy you so much right now! Have fun with the pen!

line up all your inks next to it, and imagine how they would look when you start writing :)

Ah, I envy you so much right now! Have fun with the pen!

I did ink it.... with Kon-Peki. Oh it is fun. I see the retailer where I bought it increased the price, so I wonder if the 331 price I paid was an old sale price that they never fixed. Or maybe even a pricing mistake. Their normal retail price is 380, so I am happy with the deal I got. Though I prefer Pelikans with XF, instead of the Fine nib, but life is good.. I love this Fine nib, it writes smooth..

I have mined inked with Diamine Ochre. Its simply glorious...

Nice.. I have been using mine almost constantly since I inked it.. This pen really makes me want to experiement with ink colors I would normally not buy.

I sometimes use M600 White Tortise because it's one of the

most famous fountain pens in Japan. I have to take videos of

this beautiful pen for my YouTube. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to those who have post images of thier Pelikan Tortise with the white cap.. I just orrded an m600, fine nib ( for some reason it was cheaper than the XF and M ). I could resist the price 330. I was all set on getting a 625 sterling silver Blue, but got sidetracked by the images people have been posting.

So now I will wait a little to get the m625. That will be my last pen for a while.. I got pen happy this holiday season, and was hoping I was done.. though can't resist these pelikans/

You are absolutely going to love this fountain pen you have ordered! Mine is a bold and love it....I also love bothnof my M200 with medium and double broad nibs.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.