#1 imahawki

imahawki

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:45

I'm very annoyed but I cannot seem to find the NORMAL parker pens area. I choose my country and then immediately get dumped in the 5th area and can't get out.

#2 paultyler_82

paultyler_82

Mimsy Borogrove

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:13

I'm very annoyed but I cannot seem to find the NORMAL parker pens area. I choose my country and then immediately get dumped in the 5th area and can't get out.

Yep, same here. Had to choose 'Other Countries' to not get dumped into that massive advert for the 5th pen.
I started nowhere, ended up back there. I caught a fever and it burned up my blood. It was a pity, I left the city; I did me some travelin' but it's done me no good. - Buffalo Clover "The Ruse"

#3 imahawki

imahawki

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:21

That worked. Wow, obnoxious setup they have going on. I wonder if they even realize you can't get to other pens if you select US. I guess I'm not sure it matters the rest of their website really sucks. Basically no information, slow, and very difficult to navigate back out from a spot you get into.

#4 paultyler_82

paultyler_82

Mimsy Borogrove

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:38

That worked. Wow, obnoxious setup they have going on. I wonder if they even realize you can't get to other pens if you select US. I guess I'm not sure it matters the rest of their website really sucks. Basically no information, slow, and very difficult to navigate back out from a spot you get into.

It's the same if you click UK... I'm wondering if this isn't some attempt by Parker to push only their new product so they can quietly start paring their catalog down.
I started nowhere, ended up back there. I caught a fever and it burned up my blood. It was a pity, I left the city; I did me some travelin' but it's done me no good. - Buffalo Clover "The Ruse"

#5 MLKirk

MLKirk

Pens & Timepieces

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:55

I found this very annoying as well. I saw an unusual Jotter up for sale on eBay, posted as a 2012 special edition and I've not found anything on the Parker site to verify it.

I must say that a web site that precludes all other products it offers to promote just one.....with no way out.....is a very poor attempt at marketing.

I'm on their mailing list for feedback and have been for a couple of years. I receive very little mail from Parker. Evidently, they have a part-time marketing department.
Mike Kirk
(~==]=====]]
Penfindum Restorum

#6 Ernst Bitterman

Ernst Bitterman

Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,945 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 14:33

Because a laugh does everyone some good, here's something found in the Fountain Pen Hospital's 2013 catalogue:
Parker Urban fountain pen: $64
Parker Urban 5th Mode: $100

:roflmho: ...or perhaps :gaah:
Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

#7 paultyler_82

paultyler_82

Mimsy Borogrove

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 19:09

I still don't really see what the big deal is with this 5th mode pen... For all I can tell, it's a porous tip pen which, last I checked, had been around for quite some time. I never noticed any of their touted 'nib/cowl/whatever interaction' when I tried writing with one and to be honest, it wrote about like a $1.00 Marvy LePen. I would much rather have a $2.50 Sakura Pigma Micron than drop $100 on one of these.

#8 ParkersandPilots

ParkersandPilots

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:09

Yes the website is awful, got stuck at 5th too. :bonk: I am not going to buy one way too expensive... Not worth the money plus refills are really expensive for some reason.... :hmm1:

#9 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 14:46

Seriously annoying website. What is obvious is that Parker really no longer cater for people who use and covet fountain pens......

Edited by Aysedasi, 05 January 2013 - 14:47.

#10 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 7,115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 15:33

I have Parker fountain pens from a black rubber Jackknife to the Parker 180.
I enjoy them all, for quality and innovation. My ten-year-old Vector is
unimpressive. I recently bought an I.M. because it was $13. Positively
disappointing ! It will save me a lot of money, and remind me what Parker
has become. It makes me sad. :bawl:

(Let's call Katie and Dick. Ledo's and a movie. It will cheer me up. )

#11 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• 8,863 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 13:14

I had the same problem with their site here: http://www.fountainp...urers-web-site/

It just took time to hang around until the stuff you're interested in turned up.

Regards,

Richard.