Ooey Gooey Fountain Pen

InvisibleMan

I found time to make a pen! I'm attempting to stock up my inventory as much as possible over the holidays while I've got a little time off.

First up is a fun one. This one is from my Brown Cow resin. It's my favorite I think. Reminds me of a dessert I shouldn't eat :puddle:. It's very difficult to photograph, but I've done my best. It's slightly pearly in the light colors. Hopefully it'll show.

http://www.pensbylyleross.com/uploads/1/2/6/0/12608908/1644024_orig.jpg?143

Wow, that's big. How about a link to the rest: See 'em here. Stats are on my site too. Questions/comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Edited by InvisibleMan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InvisibleMan

• firefinch

• Scriptorium Pens

• watch_art

Nice but will it melt in your pocket?:roflmho:

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Thanks everybody!

A truly interesting pen! Any chance of showing us how she writes? I am most curious!

Sure, I'm actually testing it now with Private Reserve Black Cherry. I'll get a scan up later today if my scanner works. Smooth as silk and I haven't touched the nib. I had my smoothing pad out and didn't use it. Love when that happens, especially when I've left my loupe at work :roflmho:.

edit: that was easy. Here's the scan. Regular standard bound notebook paper:

http://www.pensbylyleross.com/uploads/1/2/6/0/12608908/3958604_orig.jpg

I'm not sure if scanning as a photo is best or not....the color is muted.

Edited by InvisibleMan

Thanks a lot for that speedy reply! The nib's seems to be a great writer. Actually it seems to be medium to fine. The PR Black Cherry ink is also a nice choice. Is it muted in real life or just in the scan?

Thanks a lot for that speedy reply! The nib's seems to be a great writer. Actually it seems to be medium to fine. The PR Black Cherry ink is also a nice choice. Is it muted in real life or just in the scan?

It's definitely muted a bit in the scan. The ink is a nice reddish brown. I like it.

To give an idea, the stripe down the side of the paper is approximately the color of the little squiggly line you get under a misspelled word on this site. It's quite muted in the scan.

Some nice 'lines' on this turning.....simple, yet complex all at the same time!

If I were to guess, I'd say it posts too?

Scott (melted ice cream) B

Check out the lastest and greatest PR swirled blanks!

You will be blown away by the prices!

Slabsblanksandboards.com

Thanks!

And yes, it does post. I didn't intentionally make it to post, but nice that it does.

I'm making a similar pen right now to post on purpose. The barrel is just a little slimmer, but I'm trying to keep the dimensions relatively the same.

Lyle

Some nice 'lines' on this turning.....simple, yet complex all at the same time!

If I were to guess, I'd say it posts too?

Scott (melted ice cream) B

superb pen, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 3 weeks later...

This gorgeous Ooey Gooey Brown Cow fountain pen has crossed the Atlantic and is now mine!

It's an amazing pen with substantial heft, yet is not heavy on the hand and I feel that it is well balanced. The Bock nib writes great, it is a smooth writer that starts immediately and does not skip at all (for reference it is inked with Waterman ink). Aesthetically I feel it inspires fun and desire to pick it up and begin writing.

Yesss, I like this pen!! Thanks to InvisibleMan for creating such a beautiful pen.

This gorgeous Ooey Gooey Brown Cow fountain pen has crossed the Atlantic and is now mine!

It's an amazing pen with substantial heft, yet is not heavy on the hand and I feel that it is well balanced. The Bock nib writes great, it is a smooth writer that starts immediately and does not skip at all (for reference it is inked with Waterman ink). Aesthetically I feel it inspires fun and desire to pick it up and begin writing.

Yesss, I like this pen!! Thanks to InvisibleMan for creating such a beautiful pen.

Thanks! I'm so glad you like it.

:)

Lyle, that's a scrumptious blank! Beautiful work! Let's see more of your blanks. I'm still intending to make a pen with a couple of my faves from your blanks, green marble and pumpkin marble.

Lyle, that's a scrumptious blank! Beautiful work! Let's see more of your blanks. I'm still intending to make a pen with a couple of my faves from your blanks, green marble and pumpkin marble.

Thanks, Robert! Unfortunately, as cold as it's been here, I've been pouring very little PR. My inventory is about wiped out. I am, however, playing with Alumilite resin. That stuff is awesome to work with. Unfortunately, I can't make most of the blanks on my site with it, but I'm enjoying turning it. I'm hoping to have a couple of those pens to show soon.

i finished the first late last night. I'll get pics here in a bit. Need coffee :mellow:. I like the pen a lot, but nothing terribly original yet in resin design. Uniqueness is going to be tougher with Alumilite.

I think it's finally going to be warm enough to fill a PR mold today. Weird weather this year. We don't usually see cold snaps like this.