Lamy Safari 2013 Limited Edition?

mh_soo

+1. I, too, was hoping for a purple or a brown. I worry that the 2013 colour will be too similar to the Lime and Yellow Safaris to warrant making it a special edition.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maryannemoll

• Safari_Camo

• bemyhorcrux

• MrsGouletPens

Was thinking.... the 2012 green lemon is very similar to a green highlighter, so a yellow highlighter, that close the highlighter series of 2012~ 2013.

On 2014 will be another colour, maybe the purple or brown.

In case you are still interested, the aquamarine Safari (along the pink from 2010) is still available in the HK store Stationery Art without that much of a markup , I have purchased two Pilot 78g there and their shipping rate/time is fairly reasonable. Anyway, I managed to snap one of the last Turquoise one in the Maryland based Penboutique back in September.

Oh my. This almost seems too good to be true. :cloud9: Particularly given the shipping rates. Thanks for pointing me there - I just ordered the pair of them...with any luck, I'll get them, and not an "out of stock" notice!

And if I do, it'll more than make up for the utter disappointment that is the fluorescent yellow. They could have at least put a different colour clip on it!

If the AL-Star could be released in copper and gold and either pen in dark green, you could mix and match parts to get pens for all the various Hogwarts houses...

Safari collector, italic nib and cheap pen evangelist.

Wanted: De Atramentis Magic Alchemist (also Magic Boarding School or Wizard)

I'm kicking myself for missing the turquoise last year...my favorite colour! :headsmack: Somewhat unwilling to pay double the retail price just for a different colour... I'm trying to hold off on ordering any more ink or pens from anywhere other than eBay until I know what's coming out and if I need to add it to the collection or not!

I could go for purple! Any shade, really.

And an ice green AL-Star would be a treat, too, if anyone's listening? :puddle:

In case you are still interested, the aquamarine Safari (along the pink from 2010) is still available in the HK store Stationery Art without that much of a markup , I have purchased two Pilot 78g there and their shipping rate/time is fairly reasonable. Anyway, I managed to snap one of the last Turquoise one in the Maryland based Penboutique back in September.

Thank you so much! It looks like I might have snatched up the last Aquamarine. I was prepared to pay $50+ dollars each for the Pink and Aquamarine. I've only recently gotten into this hobby, so I still have a lot to learn, it seems!

Edited by nineteenletterslong

Neon yellow? I'm disappointed! I really wanted to purple, too. The purple Al-Star is just too dark for my liking. I'd be thrilled with a Barney-purple Safari!

I saw today in the 2013 catalog in the Lamy distribuitor today in my city.

And the winner is......

Fluorescent Yellow with silver clip :clap1:

Why would it be disappointing? Paint some red/black circles on it and you'll have a Pikachu-themed FP for your younger cousins :roflmho:

I had been meaning to get a Safari for quite a while and this made me go grab one of the lime green ones from this year!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

I 'gifted' my green apple Safari, though I kept the apple red I bought at the same time. I'll also hang onto my white and blue Safaris. Yellow does nothing for me, I must say :(

Tamara

I hope it's not true. I was hoping for purple, too. I asked Lamy USA to confirm the fluorescent yellow and they said they didn't know what the color would be, that they should find out in February. Interesting.

I hope it's not true, too. As someone said above, purple is an obvious *hole* in their color rainbow. Any shade would've been nice, and I would've also been really happy with a brown or khaki. Practically anything but fluorescent yellow with a silver clip!

Edited by swanjun

another yellow? wince-tic..

I like the color yellow.. but isn't yellow fairly well represented already?

Clearly have not discerned the mind of Lamy..

unless.. ? folks skip the new yellow - it becomes the new terra/vanna/orange/lime - those who stock up become the next Safari tycoons..

there must be a reason..

sigh.

Exactly. It's not that I'm anti-yellow, but why another variation when there are colors that haven't even made an appearance yet?

Lamy is caught in a repetitive cycle: yellow, blue, and green seem to dominate the Safari palate. What gives? LEs gain attention with difference. If the new one were purple or brown I may buy one.

another yellow? wince-tic..

unless.. ? folks skip the new yellow - it becomes the new terra/vanna/orange/lime - those who stock up become the next Safari tycoons..

there must be a reason..

sigh.

Did people really not buy a lot of the Orange? Is that why it's so expensive now on E-bay? I can never find one for less than $80. It just seems odd to me, since I would have thought that orange would be a popular color.

Hullo! Returning member here from way back 2008 or so. Have been out of the fountain pen loop for years, and I have missed out on quite a few limited edition Lamy Safari colors, specifically the following: pink, turquoise, savannah (olive green, but I wonder if it belongs to the same line, because its clip is black), lime (yellow-green), but I have caught the green locally.

Any ideas on where I could still purchase NOS in box of these aforementioned colors?

Thanks! I'm quite glad to be back. Happy holidays to everyone!