• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ANM

• grandmia

• ink-syringe

• OcalaFlGuy

http://youtu.be/sX17nTz1VQ0

Hi all...Above we have a video review of the cocoa Parker 51 along with a colour comparison of five other colours of the 51s....Enjoy....

Thank you for the lovely review, from what I understood this cocoa 51 has an octanium nib?

Went to your web page to see what pens are for sale but I couldn't find anything that wasn't already sold... :crybaby:

Keep up the good work, I enjoy your video reviews!

Aris

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

When you are going through your Aero 51 colors you don't mention there are two distinctly different Burgundys. The UK "Bloody Brit Burgundy" is much redder than the U.S. Burgundy. (You appear to me to indeed have a BBB one.)

You might check out the Chrono page at Parker51.com. When there's no date code, Ernesto does list some other clues you can use to get somewhat closer to a production date.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Hi all...Above we have a video review of the cocoa Parker 51 along with a colour comparison of five other colours of the 51s....Enjoy....

Thanks Grandmia for your review of a great pen. I own two Parker 51 cocoas, a full size and a Demi both clearly marked as last quarter 1948 U.S made. The cocoas are indeed beautiful pens. I purchased the Demi thinking it was a full size and planned to sell it, however after using it I just couldn't part with it. My Demi is just slightly darker in color than the full size. As the color is absolutely consistent on the hood and barrels on both pens, it leads me to believe there was some variance in colors that Parker produced

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

Thank you for the lovely review, from what I understood this cocoa 51 has an octanium nib?

Went to your web page to see what pens are for sale but I couldn't find anything that wasn't already sold... :crybaby:

Keep up the good work, I enjoy your video reviews!

Aris

Hi Aris...Thank you for watching. No the cocoa has a 14k gold nib although it is not marked as gold. I have four pens that are for sale on my site, however if you are interested in anything specific why not send me a personal message ? Many thanks Stef.

Man, I could do with some cocoa. I appreciated the colour comparison.

Hi ...Maybe some cocoa with a wee tot ? Thanks for watching....

When you are going through your Aero 51 colors you don't mention there are two distinctly different Burgundys. The UK "Bloody Brit Burgundy" is much redder than the U.S. Burgundy. (You appear to me to indeed have a BBB one.)

You might check out the Chrono page at Parker51.com. When there's no date code, Ernesto does list some other clues you can use to get somewhat closer to a production date.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Hi..It would be nice to show the nine colours together. I have had all the colours in the past but unfortunately i have only the six colours at the moment. That's what happens when you are constantly rotating your collection ! I suppose six are better than none... Thanks....

Thanks Grandmia for your review of a great pen. I own two Parker 51 cocoas, a full size and a Demi both clearly marked as last quarter 1948 U.S made. The cocoas are indeed beautiful pens. I purchased the Demi thinking it was a full size and planned to sell it, however after using it I just couldn't part with it. My Demi is just slightly darker in color than the full size. As the color is absolutely consistent on the hood and barrels on both pens, it leads me to believe there was some variance in colors that Parker produced

Hi...Unfortunately this one is not date marked therefore i have dated it circa 1950s. You are quite right they are a lovely colour and im sure there will be some slight variance in colours on some. Thank you for your comment...

• 1 year later...

Resurrect to ask a question: I saw a 51 for sale in cocoa but the photo of it looked quite pink. Does cocoa have any pink/mauve to it?

Resurrect to ask a question: I saw a 51 for sale in cocoa but the photo of it looked quite pink. Does cocoa have any pink/mauve to it?

Mine do not. I would suspect a photographic artifact.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

If you perchance bumped into the Ariel Kullock fantasy replication of the Cocoa color, That One could have a pinkish tint to it.

A member here has posted pics of one such Kullock pen before, a thorough Google (site) search would probably dig it up.

Of course, Farmboy is correct in that the factory color has no pink to it. I think Farmboy calls it Turd Brown.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

It was not a kulloch as far as I could tell. Cocoa wasn't one of my first choices for a 51 but I hadn't minded it on other pictures I'd seen. Pink however would be a dealbreaker for me.

If you think the cocoa color has variances, check out the teal pens. And then there are the reds. Not only is there a variance between English burgundy and the USA dark red, but the Argentines made a red in carmine, more of a bluish shade than the orangy English burgundy or the blackish red of the USA red product..

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Thanks for the video. Is that "teal" the same as "Cedar Blue" or is that too, yet a separate color.

I have one in what is supposed too be "Cedar Blue" and, while it leaks some, and has a chip missing from the hood, is my favorite color. I like more than the Plum even.

Perhaps the Cedar Blue is only a Vacumatic color?

I am always surprised how green the Dove Gray often looks in pictures.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version