#1 cwitek

cwitek

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:27

I am intrested in knowing if there is an ap for ipad to catalouge a fountain pen collection. Something that could store an image of the pen and description.

#2 carlos.q

carlos.q

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 13:43

I am intrested in knowing if there is an ap for ipad to catalouge a fountain pen collection. Something that could store an image of the pen and description.

Check out Bento for iPad. There is even a "pencil collector" template, or you can make/customize your own:
http://solutions.fil...?serial=2549928
Disclaimer: no relation to Filemaker or Apple: just your usual mac addicted fountain pen user... :rolleyes:

#3 Shaporama

Shaporama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 13:53

Go to the "Downloads" tab. There is a link there to a fountain pen inventory data base created by an FPN member for other members.

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,496 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 15:07

Go to the "Downloads" tab. There is a link there to a fountain pen inventory data base created by an FPN member for other members.

Likely not going to run on an iPad.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#5 Nokin

Nokin

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 15:57

Likely not going to run on an iPad.

It looks like the link is to a FileMaker "runtime" Database, and there is a version of FileMaker for the iPad. Still, I think the OP may be best sticking with Bento, and making their own DB to suit their needs.
Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

#6 carlos.q

carlos.q

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 17:02

This Bento template also looks promising:
http://solutions.fil...?serial=2541087
It is curiously called "Inventory"... :ltcapd:

#7 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:52

Any spreadsheet or database program should work.

Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

LetterExchange_sm.png

#8 cwitek

cwitek

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:23

Thank you for all your feedback. I have found that the Bento 4 suits my needs. Great to customise with to include photos and easy to use.

Regards

Chris

#9 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:32

The downloadable FP/ink FM database will load into FM Pro on a Mac, and then can be put onto an iPad with the free FM iPad app. The catch is that since the original database wasn't designed to run on an iPad, he didn't have some selections available as menus and thus you can't access everything. And, because he has chosen to lock the source code, you can't change it to run on the iPad. I've been thinking of re-doing a FP/ink database in FM and leave it open source... but haven't had the time to learn yet-another-database-system :-)
--
Glenn (I have a "pen" circle on G+)