Pens in the pocket today

Keith with a capital K

Plain old Waterman Laureat II, Waterman black, M nib.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little impact on society." Mark Twain

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keith with a capital K

• KCat

• KendallJ

• Maja

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Antoniosz, I do love your writing with those flex nibs :)

The pen I'm using at the moment is from work, so not mine - Mabie Todd Swan Leverless, just brought it home to see what it writes like now it finally has a new sac in it. As for my own pens, I seem to have been using my Parker 51 an awful lot recently, but as we were working in a store today it was my CS 106 which went into work with me.

In my pocket (case, carried in my briefcase) rests my trusty blue striped Pelikan M400 fine nib (Waterman blueblack), my black Waterman Hemisphere fine nib (Parker washable blue) and my Parker student pen (from the '70's--Parker red cartridge).

Daily, I would gladly sing the praises of my Pelikan--by far the most enjoyable pen I've had to write with.

I'm also collecting a drawerful of ink bottles--some I like, some, eh. . . .

I guess that I'm living that classic "desert island" hypothetical; we're in the middle of moving. I've got two uber-endurance pens with me, a Pelikano Jr. turned into an eyedropper with a gigantic TANK of Pelikan Blue-Black, along with a Sheaffer NoNonsense with a nib I stubbed myself, filled with almost as much Waterman's Florida Blue.

They'll last me some time...I hope.

Edward T.

"I had not the time to write a short one."

-Blaise Pascal

A parker 45 with Noodlers Black.

"Your library is your paradise."

--Desiderius Erasmus c.1466-1536

Hi,

I have a Pelikan M200 with Pelikan Turquoise, a Parker Reflex with Parker Black, and a Rotring Artpen with Rotring Black cartridges.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I always like to hear what pens make the cut when people are choosing which pens they are going to use for the day...

So... what are your pens in the pocket today and why are they there?

I'll add some pics later methinks...

Today is a Lamy Vista with the grail ink of Penman Sapphire inside. It turns out that Parker cartridges fit into Lamy pens or at least this one!

Pity it's my last cartridge but as shown elsewhere I have several other blues to play with- maybe Visconti in a Fellini...

Kurt H

• 2 weeks later...

You know you're a pen geek when you are happy that the weather is cool enough to rate flannel shirts with pockets for pens...

Today we're going with the Sheaffer Admiral filled with Havana Brown and my copper Estie filled with Pelikan Brilliant Brown.

I also need a pen with green ink so was thinking my WASP Clipper in the green circuitboard pattern mighht be the right choice.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

You know you're a pen geek when you are happy that the weather is cool enough to rate flannel shirts with pockets for pens...

You know, I have a bunch of beautiful hand-painted t-shirts which have been languishing in my drawer because they don't have pen pockets. I've even recently been getting home from work, taking off my button-down oxford work shirt and putting on a button-down kahki or summer-weight linen shirt, just so I can keep the pen in the pocket.

Today it is a Sheaffer Statesman Snorkel in Burgundy with Aladine Violet ink, and the Waterman Carene in Sea Green (with an RB ItalliFine nib) and Waterman Green cartridge (trying to use those up). Also, the Black Parker 51 I left at work all vacation, loaded with Boston Brahmin Blue.

Johnny Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

today - gonna play with the Cobalt Glow.

while working I'm sticking with my VP and my Red cartridge-fill estie with 9128 nib - great for redlines as I can write very small with light pressure to fit things into the margins. Or I can use some pressure and get highly visible notes to the author like "WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN?"

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

• 5 weeks later...

I've been writing some letters so I have about 9 fountain pens inked up (normally I have only about 3 or 4)...

They are:

-a lovely Laban Mento "Autumn Flake" filled with Waterman Havana Brown ink

-a grey Esterbrook SJ & Visconti Ruby Red ink

-a green Esterbrook J & Private Reserve Plum

-a Sheaffer 'No Nonsense' pen with an American Eagle on it, filled with Waterman Havana Brown ink (I love that ink!)

-a red-marbled Genius "Bucky" (from the "Great Minds") series pen & Sheaffer Skrip (modern) blue-black ink

-a golden brown marbled Hero "Doctor's" pen & Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue ink

-a stainless steel Lamy Studio filled & Parker Quink Blue-Black ink

-a green marbled Conway Stewart '84' filled with Waterman Florida Blue ink

-a clear green (demonstrator?) Eclipse "Hooded Knight" filled with Parker Green ink

I've got five inked and with me today:

1) 1974 Pilot MYU 701 (Noodler's Ottoman Rose)

2) green Wahl-Eversharp Bantam (PR's Avacado - it matches the pen perfectly! I can't imagine using a different ink in this pen.)

3) black Hero 329 (my newest pen - I'm very pleased with it! Very fine line.) (PR's Burgundy Mist)

4) Amber Pelikan M200, F. (Waterman's Havana Brown, which makes it write like a medium-fine, instead of a broad. This is one *wet* pen.)

5) Pelikan steno (PR's Orange Crush)

Nothing particularly exotic or valuable (except to me - the MYU is my baby, and I love the idea that I'm scrawling random notes about how much I hate computers are with a pen that's nearly as old as my grandmother. (the Wahl-Eversharp))

Forgot one in my list above: a nice little brown-striped Sheaffer Triumph vac-filler with vintage Sheaffer Skrip black ink.

Inked up another pen today: a cute little pink metallic Waterman Kultur which now has Private Reserve Tanzanite flowing through its feed. I got it not too long ago from a very generous and thoughtful European FPN friend. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am so excited that I finally get to post in this thread. I just received my first fountain pen in the mail today, so the pen in my pocket is...

Cross ATX fine nib inked with Pelikan Brilliant Black.

Decided to travel light so I'm at work with two: Scheaffer Adgio med italic with Noodler nightshade and rOtring 600 with Sailor blue-black. These are my on the road pens soon to be joined by a broad italic nibbed Scheaffer Prelude Onyx/Palladium.

there are no persons worth knowing except saints, scoundrels, and quacks

J-K Huysmans

My road / biking pen of late has been a yellow Sheaffer No nonsense with a cursive italic and an eyedropper conversion... it goes well in the pen pocket of my khaki shorts seems built to handle the rigours of the road.

For the summer I haven't been carrying more than one pen with me on most days since it's been shorts and t-shirt weather.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

One of the problems of carrying pens in the pocket is that people (the nosey ones) would like to see what you've got in the pocket. And some likes to borrow your pens, which to me is a No No. Unless the person is a pen lover, the likelihood of him/her appreciating the pen is low, damaging the pen is high.

There is one colleaque of mine who would like to see every pen I have, and he would read out loud the inscription on the nib like "14K...". even in a meeting. That was the last time he got to see any of my pens.

So I would carry a less conspicuous pen at work with an extra BIC crystal stick to lend people. That was the reason I picked the Pelikan M805 instead of the regular M800 which I like more but more conspicuous. And I avoid the Parker Duofold Centennials which are flashy like diamonds, or the Monte Blancs which most non-penlovers recognize.

A Cross Radiance or a Sheaffer Balance would be good.

As I prepare for the start of the school year, I've inked and brought to work my grading pens--a grey Esterbrook J with a 9550 nib inked with Noodlers Antietam and a black Esterbrook J transitional with a 9556 nib inked with Havana Brown.

Only one today since it is a semi day off - Pelikan M200 with florida blue.

A pen a day keeps the doctor away...

Parker "51" flighter; Parker 75 cisele; Conway Stewart Dandy Demonstrator; Aurora 88P chrome; Sailor Sapporo ; Lamy 2000; Lamy 27 double L; Lamy Studio; Pilot Murex; Pilot Sesenta (Red/Grey); Pilot Capless (black carbonesque); Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator; Pilot Volex; Waterman Expert 2000 (slate blue)

Sheaffer Lifetime 1000 Vacuum filler in green stripe (with striped section) and Noodlers Gulf Stream Blue

Mabie-Todd Swan self-filler in green marble, with a lovely flexy medium nib and PR DC Supershow Blue.

Wality 69L demonstrator with Noodlers Gulf Stream (working on the nib on this one - finally getting it smoothed and flow-adjusted).

At lunch I switched out the Sheaffer for a Balance Jr in Green stripe that was in my bag - Noodlers Black.

J. Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"