#61 CAG_1787

CAG_1787

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 18:27

I actually like the collection as a whole, though the price is a no-go for me. I'm particularly interested in the Bach, Vivaldi, Chopin, and Handel. Are there any regular Diamine or Noodler's that roughly match those tones (excepting the sheen, which seems to be the distinguishing facet of this collection)?
“You cultivate the essential virtues: high purpose, intelligence, decency, humility, fear of the Lord, and the passion for freedom.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

#62 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:22

I actually like the collection as a whole, though the price is a no-go for me. I'm particularly interested in the Bach, Vivaldi, Chopin, and Handel. Are there any regular Diamine or Noodler's that roughly match those tones (excepting the sheen, which seems to be the distinguishing facet of this collection)?

Honestly, there are several interesting colors. I just feel like I need to "have" a bottle of Wagner.

But, seriously... the cost is not justifiable. The bottles are only 30ml (instead of the regular 80ml) and the bottles itself are just boring. Not collectors items at all. They could have played with the Music theme til death. So many options for great labels.. just a little imagination. :puddle:

Oh well... :glare:

C.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#63 mallymal1

mallymal1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,068 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:45

Wagner, to me seems very similar like Pilot
Iroshuzuku's Ina-Ho. A color inspired from ripe rice fields.
I personally find it quite a light shade of golden-brown with
a fleeting hint of green. Quite light on saturation
for a FP ink in my opinion.

Agreed.. There is only one ink that I am really interested, Wagner (gold/green). If I cannot buy them individually, then I will be quite content with the next best thing... Ina-Ho.

C.

That goes for me, too. :thumbup:

#64 Karin

Karin

experienced pen lover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:44

:embarrassed_smile: I ordered it last week.
I am a sucker for a)diamine ink, B) composers
So, even though I have over 100 bottles on ink, :headsmack: I am looking forward to the arrival of the collection
Fountain Pen Abundance

#65 Zanshin

Zanshin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 13:59

Mine arrived this morning. Ten little bottles of inky goodness.

Posted Image.

Now for the difficult part - where do I start?
Toodle pip

#66 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 940 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:51

Mine arrived this morning. Ten little bottles of inky goodness.

Posted Image.

Now for the difficult part - where do I start?

It looks like you have already decided... Isn't that the Strauss bottle the one out? :P

Congrats!!!

C.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#67 View from the Loft

View from the Loft

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 839 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:15

I've ordered the set, but have had to ask the seller not to post it until after Christmas. Never mind a New Year present for me.

#68 Gary1952

Gary1952

Mr

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:21

Ordered these yesterday from Pengallery (Malaysia) for $84 plus $11 shipping by DHL. I will have them by Monday 24th December.
Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

#69 nana_kathy

nana_kathy

Pen Happy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:34

These colors look really interesting, but I don't need any more ink (who amont us really does? :ltcapd: ).. but was wondering if perhaps the Goulets would be doing samples? Has anyone heard?
Posted ImageMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

#70 Scriptorium Pens

Scriptorium Pens

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,330 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 00:44

Ordered these yesterday from Pengallery (Malaysia) for $84 plus $11 shipping by DHL. I will have them by Monday 24th December.

I did the same. Thanks for the tip! These are some fantastic colors. There's not a single dud in the bunch, and there are some really intriguing color changes. Several of them are what I'd call dusky or dusty colors, my favorites. :cloud9:

Renée

Visit my site at

fpn_1381279657__scriptoriumpens-label4.p

Custom, Handcrafted Fountain Pens

For Behind the Scenes pictures and comments, check out Instagram & Twitter.

#71 USMCMom

USMCMom

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:35

"Should be around $90-100 in the US, give or take... still waiting to confirm final pricing here"

Well ... that would sure knock me out line that will be forming to grab these inks. Shoot!
Posted Image

#72 maryannemoll

maryannemoll

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 980 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 00:38

Shoot. Now I really really want that set.

#73 swanjun

swanjun

(Not really a lamb.)

• Member - Gold

• 1,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 00:56

These colors look really interesting, but I don't need any more ink (who amont us really does? :ltcapd: ).. but was wondering if perhaps the Goulets would be doing samples? Has anyone heard?

I'm wondering that as well, but thinking that the answer will be "no."

#74 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 940 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:17

Why not?

Each bottle is 35ml. Goulet sells each 2ml sample at $1.25-$2.00. If they decide to charge $1.50 per 2ml.. they make at least $25 per bottle - sounds like good business. Plus they get to keep the nice case, or sell it. :lol:

C.

#75 Renfield

Renfield

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 813 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59

Why not?

Each bottle is 35ml. Goulet sells each 2ml sample at $1.25-$2.00. If they decide to charge $1.50 per 2ml.. they make at least $25 per bottle - sounds like good business. Plus they get to keep the nice case, or sell it. :lol:

C.

I think it depends. They have said no, because they were told by the Diamine rep that is a limited edition, with only 100 made worldwide.

I am sure I have read somewhere that the set is not limited edition, so they answer is maybe. (I can't remember where I read it, so they could be right!)

But if they do, they would be mad not to insist that you sample ALL ink in the set, otherwise they will be left with all the least popular ink.

So you might have to pay $12.5-$20 for the 10 samples, but then you have to think, you are paying 12.5-20% of the total cost for 6.6% of the product (not including the bottles and set)

I am a fan of samples, as I think it allows you to try ink, before you commit to a bottle, so in the long run it can work out cheaper, but I am just not sure it is a viable proposition.

Its a high cost for what you get, and if you LOVE one of them, you have to buy them ALL to get that one ink.

(Just my opinion, and I am just guessing what COULD happen. I have NO insider knowledge, so in other words, I am making it up!)
Posted Image Posted Image

#76 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 940 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:04

Its a high cost for what you get, and if you LOVE one of them, you have to buy them ALL to get that one ink.

That is a very good point.

The way I see it thou, is that I don't need to sample the whole collection to make it a good return on my investment. I only need to love 5-6 to make it worth it. I would never buy it just for one.

I don't see them getting stuck with the less popular colors. There seems to be enough interest on all colors.

C.