Diamine Music Collection Announced!

The Good Captain

Nice review - thank you!

Handel has caught my eye.

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Renfield

• Cyber6

• lapis

And I enclose some more information I received earlier today, from Phil Davies at Diamine. It's taken from the e-mail he sent.

Please see attached images of a new MUSIC SET set that will be available soon. The set is based on the theme of famous music composers. There are 10 x 30ml. glass cube bottles presented within a royal blue gift box and printed with a gold foil Diamine logo. Once opened the gift box shows the music symbol also in gold foil on the inside of the lid. The colours will be unique to the set and will not be sold separately, this product is not a Limited addition item. The retail price is £60.00 including Vat.

This product will be available in the UK W/C 17th December 2012, perhaps even earlier if possible, the sets will be available in the USA January 2013.

And here are the pix of the set - I didn't take them!

fpn_1354795217__diamine_10_bottle_ink_set_top_box_image.jpg

fpn_1354795208__diamine_10_bottle_ink_set.jpg

Between my meagre attempts and Bhavna's wonderful reviews, we should have given you all a good taster!

I'll be doing my usual Clairefontaine dip sheets soon, on the rest of them.

£60 for 10 30ml bottles?

Bang, just gone from my price range.

You can buy 10 30ml bottles of their normal ink for £26.70. Now obviously there would be a premium for glass bottles and a presentation box, but then you are buying in bulk.

I could get 10 bottles of J Herbin 30ml.

Or Almost (£62.50) 5 bottles of Noodlers.

Damm, Thats such a pity.

Ren

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I really like the looks of this set. It appears to be a major blunder to not have it available worldwide in time for Christmas gift giving, but what do I know? A set would certainly be on my list for Santa!

EEEK!

Many thanks for the preview / tease. :)

Inky goodness awaits . . .

But as Diamine is based in Liverpool, I wonder how it came to pass that there's no Lennon & McCartney ink? Or might that be another suite of inks??

Bye,

S1

I would have said Songwriters, more than composers.

That could/should be the next collection:

Beatles Babies in Black

Burt Bacharach 24 Hous in Tulsa Green

Neil Diamond Forever in Blue Jeans

Don McLean American Pie Red

Paul Simon Silver Girl

Barry Mannilow Bermuda Yellow

Van Morrison Brown Eyed Girl

Brian Wilson Beach Burnt Orange.

Or a Beatles only collection.

Ringo Starr - Octopus Green

Paul McCartney - Blackbird

John Lennon - Strawberry Fields Red

George Harrison - Guitar Weeping Blue

Damm, anyone else think I should make some inks? I got the names sorted :)

Nice inks! Is the next one going to be called "Brubeck"?

Dave

Now that would be some funky "Jazzy" colour.... I think it would have to be a purple.... Dave Brubeck: Take Five - Smooth Jazz Violet....

Ren

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Odd that the Vivaldi isn't some sort of red. He was known as the "red priest" afterall.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

GC....Great and informative heads up on this collection, well done and thanks ..... it seems there is something for most tastes in Diamine's 'Music' collection.... but.... Tchaikovsky, Chopin and Vivaldi are my earlier front runners...... now off to read what Bhavna's thoughts are...

Falcon

That's absolutely gorgeous. But one of the best things about Diamine is their reasonable prices! I hope the 'street' price is a bit lower, I'd love to have that on my desk.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Ooh, I love the colours! I hope this won't be a limited edition set, as it may take me a while to validate paying £60 for ten 30ml bottles... but I do really, really want them.

'I dip my pen into the blackest ink, because I am not afraid of falling into my inkpot.' ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

George has got to be Blue Jay Way!

John seems destined to be yellow—Mean Mr. Mustard or The King of Marigold.

Hello The Good Captain,

Thank you for this nice introduction. As I'm new and unexperienced regarding inks, I find it weird that you have to buy the whole set. The price is okay.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

£60 for 10 30ml bottles?

Bang, just gone from my price range.

You can buy 10 30ml bottles of their normal ink for £26.70. Now obviously there would be a premium for glass bottles and a presentation box, but then you are buying in bulk.

I could get 10 bottles of J Herbin 30ml.

Or Almost (£62.50) 5 bottles of Noodlers.

Damm, Thats such a pity.

Ren

Agreed! It makes the ink price per ml cost nearly three times the normal 80ml Diamine price, and you don't even get to choose your colours. A boxed set might make sense if you had a set of 'regular' colours, or a set of blues or something, but these colours don't really have any relation to the others in the box.

And ten Herbin bottles sounds a nice treat: their labels are pretty, whereas the Diamine labels are, well, a bit plain.

A real shame to have to say this. I'm taken with Graphite, Ancient Copper continues to charm me, and I admire Diamine for making reasonably priced inks and for the 30ml sample bottles that mean you can have a whole rainbow to play with for less than the price of one Iroshizuku, but this... this belongs to those collectors magazines... The Great Composers, in 60 monthly parts, at just £5.99... and with issue 1, this Best of Telemann CD is yours for free...

Wow....Sold only as a set....I only want 5 of the colours....:hmm1: Wonder if someone would split a set with me. I can do without the presentation box, nice as it is. :blush:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

I absolutely adore Diamine inks, however the price is too steep. I'm not fussed about the presentation box or glass bottles; I'd rather purchase them in plastic bottles.

Beatles Babies in Black

Paul Simon Silver Girl

Now why on earth did you forget Frank Zappa?

Moon Unit

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Beatles Babies in Black

Paul Simon Silver Girl

Moon Unit

I only named songwriters I was familiar with.

I honestly couldn't name a single Frank Zappa song....

He didn't even enter my head.

(I do remember watching a live concert on TV one time, and thought it was pretty awful)

Thanks for the pictures. Too bad that they're only sold as an expensive set.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Beatles Babies in Black

Paul Simon Silver Girl

Moon Unit

I only named songwriters I was familiar with.

I honestly couldn't name a single Frank Zappa song....

He didn't even enter my head.

(I do remember watching a live concert on TV one time, and thought it was pretty awful)

I saw Zappa at Brighton in '79. Marvellous.

But there's a Captain Beefheart dark blue possibility - Midnight on Vermont - but it would be too close to the existing Midnight.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I saw and heard Frank Zappa in Hamburg a long time ago and then here in the Philharmonie around 92 or so when they played us "The Yellow Shark". Actually at that time he was still at home in Laurel Canyon just about to kick the bucket so that's why he was represented here by his daughter Moon (middle name "Unit").

Too bad he died about 19 years ago at the age of 52

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)