Oh What A Happy Day....

engineerboy

Today is a very good day. Fore today I found a lost pen that had for months escaped many futile searches. It was wedged in the pages of a engineering reference book. I had speculated that this could happen but, I figured it was in a job file since it had happened before.

The pen is a MB (of course) Slimline. So, you can see why such a thing can happen. Why pining over a relatively easy pen to find on eBay? Well, because it was the very first fountain pen I have ever owned and it was the one that started this insane hobby.

So, today is a very good day.

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Aysedasi

• engineerboy

• s5blitzer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that if you dial *9182736450 that it will both beep your Montblanc pen and show its GPS location don't you?

Edited by jar

My Website

Good to hear you found your pen. This happened to me with a BP that had great nostalgic value (tho' not a MB) and I cannot tell you how happy I was to put it back in my shirt pocket. (Of course, if I had never taken it out of there, the problem might not have happened... :embarrassed_smile: )

Nice find. Was there ever a chance that the pen was not in the house? Especially good due to the sentimental attachment to the pen.

I had a similar moment last Year. My leather case with three pens including two WEs dropped out of my jacket when I was carrying it. I found them the next day at the end of my driveway. So lucky no one else saw them and took them.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

My leather case with three pens including two WEs dropped out of my jacket when I was carrying it. I found them the next day at the end of my driveway. So lucky no one else saw them and took them.

ACK.

Wow -- so lucky!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I'm glad you found it. I hope you don't mind me sharing a few similar stories. Both of mine I was lucky like you. My uncle was not quite as lucky.

I thought I lost my Mont Blanc Stainless Steel Solitaire Ballpoint. I had it in my suit jacket when I went to the bar. When I got home it had disappeared. Fortunately, it had fallen out at the perfect time as I got into my car. I found it between my seat and drawer. Had it fallen out half a second before, I could have been out several hundred dollars.

My luckies and almost most expensive mistake- I went to a bar and took off my watch to show a friend(A Baume et Mercier Capeland S). He looked at it and set it down in front of me. For some reason I didn't put it back on my wrist. I left the bar and realized my mistake the next day. One of the bartenders was honest enough to put it in their safe and I was able to get it back. I gave him $50 for the trouble. That was almost a thousand dollar mistake.

My uncle wasn't quite so lucky- He went and got a massage (Apparently that's a thing some wealthy people feel the need to do). He took off his Stainless/Gold Rolex Submariner and left it by the table. He realized his mistake and called the place. They said they had it. However, when he came back, it had "disappeared." He had the police come and question everyone but it never showed up. It was replaced through his insurance, but he still lost a $5k+ watch.

The same uncle also lost a 162 Mont Blanc Le Grand Rollerball at the bar.

Moral of my stories....drinking causes stupidity.

Today is a very good day. Fore today I found a lost pen that had for months escaped many futile searches. It was wedged in the pages of a engineering reference book. I had speculated that this could happen but, I figured it was in a job file since it had happened before.

The pen is a MB (of course) Slimline. So, you can see why such a thing can happen. Why pining over a relatively easy pen to find on eBay? Well, because it was the very first fountain pen I have ever owned and it was the one that started this insane hobby.

So, today is a very good day.

Cheers,

Steve

It's always a wonderful thing when a friend returns! I always wondered if someone could be hypnotized into finding all the things we've misplaced?

You do know that if you dial *9182736450 that it will both beep your Montblanc pen and show its GPS location don't you?

I knew precious resin was something special :thumbup:

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia