#1 stevesurf

stevesurf

Needing a Sabbatical

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 14:51

How many of us work on Thanksgiving? I know there are many and even though I have worked every weekend this year, I actually got Thanksgiving off :) Kelly (Dix on FPN) worked on Thanksgiving (I begged her not to) and this is what she produced.

To say it's the best pair of pen rolls I own is an understatement, and I own about ten pen rolls. In fact, when I travel, I get strange looks from some folks at TSA; the nice ones say what a wonderful hobby! The mean ones, well, I'm not gonna say.

I wanted a soft pen roll that I could carry six MB Writers Editions, my Delta Momo, my Graf and 149s or 146s, along with some business cards. Most of my luggage is this color, black, with red trim, so I asked for the pen roll's stitching and inside flap, pocket, business card holder and tie to be red.

I not only got exactly what I wanted, but it is the softest, most supple lambskin in my experience. She could sell these all day long with half the pens and room for an iPhone or Galaxy and get 3X what she is charging!

I love my new SJE pen rolls, they fit perfectly inside my dress jacket or top coat pocket and I'm ready to write or hand out a card. The style of contrasting color stitching is perfectly executed. All my pens, from Dickens to Twain to 149 to GvFC and the long Delta Momo are joyously protected. For the first time, I don't have to add extra protection to the big caps on off-the-shelf sheaths.

Anyway 'nuff said, here's a few pix, and thank you Dix :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's a direct link for more information (I am not affiliated with SJE, and this is part of my review:)

http://Www.sulajanea...aves_s/1819.htm
Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

#2 jimhughes

jimhughes

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 16:03

10 +. I agree with Steve 1000%, enough so I bought Journal covers after I got Sheaves after I'd first purchased Card Cases. Excellent Product, great design, beautiful and soft materials, wonderful prices. Oh did I mention go to Marketplace for 20 % off Code on everything, but Custom work including clearance items. You'll be sorry to miss out on these beautiful works of art. Her turn around time is almost instantaneous, most items in my hands in 3 days or less. No affiliation just a very happy client. Jim

#3 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,585 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 20:31

Joining the chorus of praise for Kelly's work! Beautiful work!
I ink; therefore, I am
Fleekair <--French accent.

#4 stevesurf

stevesurf

Needing a Sabbatical

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:05

10 +. I agree with Steve 1000%, enough so I bought Journal covers after I got Sheaves after I'd first purchased Card Cases. Excellent Product, great design, beautiful and soft materials, wonderful prices. Oh did I mention go to Marketplace for 20 % off Code on everything, but Custom work including clearance items. You'll be sorry to miss out on these beautiful works of art. Her turn around time is almost instantaneous, most items in my hands in 3 days or less. No affiliation just a very happy client. Jim

Thanks for the tip! I might just get a couple of the western sheaves with that.

Joining the chorus of praise for Kelly's work! Beautiful work!

And thanks for your posts about that pen shoulder bag thingy, which led me to her work :thumbup:
Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

#5 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,607 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:00

Steve, because of your review, I found her at the LA Pen show. I bought two as gifts. What wonderful work. Thank you!
When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice.

#6 sarahfar

sarahfar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 21:15

Love Steve's its incredible. I emailed her to see if they could do something similar. Unfortunately they apparently are't doing custom work any longer. But Steve has incredible taste, that's an incredible one.