Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Why Don't They?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Daisy

Daisy

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you are

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:43

Hi Chum! If you can't get GE silicone, may I suggest you get any clear window & door type silicone sealant and try it out on some scrap paper? Even if it doesn't work you can still use it around the house, and it's cheap. :D

P.S. It doesn't have to be paintable, either, as far as I know...

Edited by Daisy, 30 November 2012 - 08:44.

Not really a scribe, more of a Pharisee...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
-- Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

#32 iamchum

iamchum

Oh Long Johnson

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:51

hehehehe, I have some picture to show u of the notebook I made :D im going to make a new thread for it seeing as we kind of hijacked this one anyway haa

My two best writers.

Posted Image..........Posted Image

.........I call this one Günter. ......... I call this one Michael Clarke Duncan.

#33 Jamesbmorley

Jamesbmorley

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:20

Oxford make affordable high gsm Optik paper pads in a7 up to a4 :cloud9:
With thanks

J. B. Morley

#34 Stompie

Stompie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:22

If I remember correctly, the solvent in 100% silicone is vinegar -- that's what gives it the smell -- and that's another plus, as vinegar is non-toxic and shouldn't hurt your paper.

and no one wants to give a bloke who smells like he has a chip on his shoulder any trouble eh!
Posted Image
Courtesy Prvt. Toter: Posted Image Posted Image

#35 jesse.bo

jesse.bo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:13

I sometimes print my own lined paper for custom book orders. That way I can match the lines to the cover. What I'd like is to get my hands on some basic loos leaf blank CF paper. Anybody out there have some?

Jesse Aston - Bookbinder
"The lover of books hath chosen wise friends."

My blog about paper and books and stuff
Facebook Fan Page
Etsy Shop
Posted Image

#36 notbob

notbob

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:24

Isn't there a A4 lined Triumphe pad?

Yes - but thats not what I mean. That has a nice cover so it is more social stationery. I mean a no frills, no cover, office style pad.

What in the world are you talking about? Ya' tear the thin cover off --voilà-- "no frills, no cover, office style pad"!

I have a coupleTriomphe A4 pads. I prefer plain paper cuz I can put the sheets in my laser printer and make any kind of ruling/guidelines/dots I desire. They also make ruled pads. As to the micro-perf vs glued argument, give me the micro-perf. While Triomphe does, indeed, offer entire stationary "sets" with all the foo-foo trimmings, their pads are jes plain ol' pads and nothing more. The cover tears off as easily as the rest of the paper sheets. Clairefontaine makes loose sheets, including ruled w/ margin. Be aware they are already punched for both 3 and 4 ring binders, so they have a lotta holes. Writer's Bloc is one of the few sellers in the US I've found that carries loose sheets and they run out for long periods. They jes got in some new stock:

Triomphe plain ol' pad link
CF loose sheets link
nulla dies sine linea