Iroshizuku Ink

CryptoDave

I just found out about this brand of ink, iroshizuku, made by Pilot. It contains eel and is supposedly a very fine ink and is a good lubricator for your pen.

If anyone has any experience with this ink please feel free to comment.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by CryptoDave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• CryptoDave

• blopplop

• Ghost Plane

Eel? I haven't heard anything about it containing eel...

<span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Trebuchet MS'><span style='color: #0000ff'><strong class='bbc'>Mitch</strong></span><span style='color: #0000ff'>

=======

http://exploratorius.us

DAVE,

Who is giving you all this information? This is the second post of what seems to be, misleading information. EEL? Let us know who this is so we can send a ninja to take care of him/her.ph34r.gif Or at least let us know so that someone who is more knowledgeable can take that persons job. We have enough problems with service to have such a person selling pens.

Either that or you are hearing things wrong. The only ink that even mentions eel is Noodles Eel Series of ink which doesn't have eel in it but is formulated to lubricate a pens innards. Hence the slippery eel connection.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Sounds like a weird conglomeration of discussions of Noodler's Eel ink and Iroshizuku, Inks I think are very similar in lubrication qualities. Neither contain eel. Both are wonderfully smooth inks. I have three or four favorite Iroshizuku inks and will try to keep room in my budget for at least one of them in the future.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Should Nathan make some highlighting eel inks called Electric Eel?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

The eel was told to me by the salesperson, I should have known better than to repeat it. I assumed she was knowledgeable and knew her stuff.

I appologize for the misinformation. From now on I will try harder to cross check my facts before I post.

Thanks,

Dave

You'll find thread after thread of rave reviews. It's one of my "safe" inks for high end pens.

Thank you. That's well worth knowing. I bought some Chiku-rin when I was in Florida and I haven't used it yet. I might try it in one of my piston fillers now. :thumbup:

Iroshizuku is fantastc ink. But unfortunately extremely expensive for anyone outside Japan. :(

As you read more about it, you'll find it's one of the highest regarded ink brands out there.

Sometime soon, I'll have to get a full bottle of Tsuki-yo!

You'll find thread after thread of rave reviews. It's one of my "safe" inks for high end pens.

Posts like this scare me, because I just ordered a bunch of Iroshizuku samples today. I knew it was a bad idea, but I was overcome by the combination of a stressed-out work week and the Goulet sample sale. I'm doomed, DOOMED!

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

Posts like this scare me, because I just ordered a bunch of Iroshizuku samples today. I knew it was a bad idea, but I was overcome by the combination of a stressed-out work week and the Goulet sample sale. I'm doomed, DOOMED!

But what a way to go!

The eel was told to me by the salesperson, I should have known better than to repeat it. I assumed she was knowledgeable and knew her stuff.

You're as likely to find a gourmet chef at McDonald's as an expert salesperson at most stores.

Iroshizuku inks to me are the best inks on the market today:expensive, but definitely worth the extra money; almost all pems I filled them with write much better than before, with very few exceptions ( for example Pelikan Edlestein Topaz)

My favourites:

Kon-peki

Tsuky-yo

Ku-yaku

Tsuyu-kusa

Asa-gao

Yu-kake

Yama-guri

Fuyu-syogun

Best

Piero

I appologize for the misinformation. From now on I will try harder to cross check my facts before I post.

Thanks,

Dave

Well, a major purpose of this forum is to provide information and some information simply isn't readily available. True, there is a particular topic for which there is a great deal of information which was pointed out earlier in the now-closed thread. And there are multiple "blackest black" threads and the like. You might want to check out the poorly-named pinned topic, "Noteworthy Ink Topics" thread. I swear, someday we mods will fix that thread. Time just hasn't been a luxury in that regard.

But not a one of us has heard that rumor before, I'm sure. No way you could have found that little tidbit out by doing anything other than asking someone in the know or acquiring the MSDS. So, don't sweat it. As I said, elsewhere, new folks get a pass if they miss things (at least, they do from me). It can be hard to sort through all the gazillion posts here and the FPN search function leaves a lot to be desired. I highly recommend using the advanced functions on a standard search engine rather than using FPN's search. Just put in the FPN URL where required. That is, if you go to search for something rather than ask.

That said, we love to talk about the stuff on which we have opinions. A lot.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Reminds me of the question of how many babies it takes to make a bottle of baby oil.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA