Alfred Hitchcock Ink

mosh_2k7

Hi

Does anyone know where i can acquire a bottle of the alfred hitchcock ink from? Im located in the uk. Ive rang up several places in the uk, but all out of stock. It seems a vast majority of this ink has ended up in the states according to google. Cant find any uk or europe supplier selling it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mosh_2k7

• Pen Nut

• 7th Wave

• KJY

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2 bottles from the Mont Blanc Boutique in Royal Exchange, give them a ring, they post also.

Mike

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/mjgordon8081/Briarwood_Capped3.jpg

Nakaya Briarwood Deep Gloss

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

1353937180[/url]' post='2519531']

I got 2 bottles from the Mont Blanc Boutique in Royal Exchange, give them a ring, they post also.

Mike

Thats the first place i tried. Unfortunately they dont have any in stock. Just my luck! Lol. :(

Royal Exchange where ?

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

London

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

Damn !

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Damn !

+1 (I'm working in the Midlands for 6 months)

This ink is hard to track down!

Is it strictly limited? Is it nearly all gone?

Is it worth the £30 people are asking on ebay?

I've never used it, yet I seem to have withdrawal symptoms.

I may be able to help Mosh 2k7 out with this but will know more tomorrow. I have been in touch with him via the PM system. It will NOT be anywhere near the £30 mark which, considering the size of the bottle is madness !!

Is it worth the £30 people are asking on ebay?

In my opinion, no.

I jes inked a 1.5mm Hero from a new bottle of AH I got last week. Big wide strokes of red. I'm kinda disappointed. It's rather a darker red than I anticipated, going right over the line into purple. There were a lotta threads on whether or not is was really the color of blood. Well, it's not even close to fresh blood. More like clotting blood, Almost black blood. Don't get me wrong. It is a nice dark red and it shades nicely. But Diamine Matador is closer to fresh blood than AH. Truth be told, I like the box AH came in better than the ink, itself.

Right now I'm collecting red inks, looking for that be-all to end-all red. A red so red, makes yer eyes bleed. When I find it, I'll do a red ink comparison. BTW, I jes eliminated Diamine Poppy red. Too orangey. I got some Noodler's red coming. Stay tuned.

Note to Mr Greene: I now have some Pilot red. Came with my PPPs. A nice bright red and definitely in the running. ;)

nulla dies sine linea

Purple?

I thought it is more a bloody red.

This is my sample.

GPB 30 on ebay? I am very glad that I have 3 bottles!

For the Red ink lovers. There is now in store Winter Glow.

fpn_1353622828__winter_glow3.jpg

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

I'm using it atm, it's certainly not blood red, but it is a lovely deep red

That's a great review, thanks for posting the link

Purple?

Looks purplish on a Brawny paper towel to these geezer eyeballs.

I definitely like the Winter Glow Red. Is this a MB LE ink? I need to know how much time I have. ;)

nulla dies sine linea

1354052812[/url]' post='2520772']
1354009622[/url]' post='2520299']

Purple?

I definitely like the Winter Glow Red. Is this a MB LE ink? I need to know how much time I have. ;)

Yes its a LE ink. Get it asap before it gets sold out :)

Might pick up one bottle for myself :)

Purple?

Yes it is a limited ink. It has the same bottle as the hitchcock ink.

How limited? I don't know. I think it is more an one time batch that they make.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Called at the home of Mosh last night to drop him off a bottle of AH, it went onto a bit of a pen show with us showing each other our various 'instruments'.

Nice chap with a certain pen that caught my eye. Not MB so will keep it to myself for now :happyberet:

Thanks for the ink :) its my favourate ink so far :) i loved the montblanc pens that you had with you, especially the unique montblanc 149 that you showed me first. The price of it is eye watering.