blueboy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:16

Dear all

Just picked up a new (to me anyway) Lady. It's a pattern I haven't seen before, wavy lines interrupted at regular intervals by the same pattern that is on the model referred to as SeaSpray/Barleycorn.

The pen did not have any reference with it apart from a sale date 26th June 1975. I have seen a reference to a model 928, Gold Plated Interrupted Barleycorn on sheaffertarga.com and was wondering if any of you sages could confirm this is the right model.

Thanks for any advice/info.

New Pen 1.JPG

Edited by blueboy, 24 November 2012 - 12:20.

Peter M
@blueboy2419

#2 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 00:08

I can neither confirm nor deny the model, but it sure is a pretty pen.

#3 gee09

gee09

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02

Hi Peter,

That's an unusual pattern, at first I thought it was a variation of the zig-zag pattern, but the lines look like they create a moire style wavy line pattern, are they cut in banks or in a long continuous line? I can't help with the model number either and it could turn out to be a prototype, we really need to find some catalogues from 1965 to 1976.

Cheers

Gary

PS Is the pen stamped on the cap?

Edited by gee09, 27 November 2012 - 09:07.

#4 blueboy

blueboy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:22

Is that Gary Ellison?

Thanks for your reply on here, these Lady Sheaffer variants are driving me nuts and I was hoping one of our American cousins might know a little more than we do!

Here's a close up of the barrel. The pattern does runs the whole length of the pen, with the sets of Wavy lines seperating the other lines. Although I didn't pick it up in the picture, the cap is stamped simply 'Sheaffer'

How I wish BIC hadn't binned everything when they took over!
Peter M
@blueboy2419

#5 gee09

gee09

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 17:33

Is that Gary Ellison?

Thanks for your reply on here, these Lady Sheaffer variants are driving me nuts and I was hoping one of our American cousins might know a little more than we do!

Here's a close up of the barrel. The pattern does runs the whole length of the pen, with the sets of Wavy lines seperating the other lines. Although I didn't pick it up in the picture, the cap is stamped simply 'Sheaffer'

How I wish BIC hadn't binned everything when they took over!

HI Peter,

Yes, it's Gary Ellison with the bad memory who forgot to bid on the pens auction!

Looking at the close up picture, it's definately got a hint of the Flashed/Seaspray pen in the plain parts of the pattern, combined with the wavy lines it gives a really nice effect.

Hopefully someone may have seen this pattern before and know the name of the design.

Cheers

Gary

Edited by gee09, 27 November 2012 - 17:35.

#6 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 23:48

It's not something I've seen before. Thanks for the extreme close-up!

TERI
Teri Morris

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Sign-up for our newsletter. We only send it out a few times a year, and there's usually a coupon that you can use to save a few dollars on your next order.

Visit our blog .... we try to provide interesting info for the collector and pen user.

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#7 blueboy

blueboy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 23:57

TERI

Hi Teri, hope you are OK.

It really is a very good looking poen and looks like I got myself a bargain, I would have had some consolation but Gary forgot to bid !
Peter M
@blueboy2419

#8 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 00:22

TERI

Hi Teri, hope you are OK.

It really is a very good looking poen and looks like I got myself a bargain, I would have had some consolation but Gary forgot to bid !

Hey Peter!
Teri Morris

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Sign-up for our newsletter. We only send it out a few times a year, and there's usually a coupon that you can use to save a few dollars on your next order.

Visit our blog .... we try to provide interesting info for the collector and pen user.

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.