Fpn Inks - Ready For Ordering

Admin

Invoice # 1050 arrived in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA today. The colors are wonderful. I have already filled a few Preppies I had lying around. Thank you Shawn, Wim, and any other FPNers who were part of this. Also thank you to Nathan Tardiff for all his interesting inks and pens!

For those still waiting, hang on, these inks are worth waiting for.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• wimg

• JonSzanto

• WOBentley

I used Starry Night for my most recent fill up. My coworker just frowned and said "I don't get it, its black." No! It isn't black, its the color of a blue/black midnight sky. "It's black."

Sigh. Infidels. :)

LOL!

Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R.Tolkien

I am regretting not ordering the tulip color.... It looks so luscious in the post earlier in this thread!

Is it possible to get on the list for the new year's restocked supply?

Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R.Tolkien

I am regretting not ordering the tulip color.... It looks so luscious in the post earlier in this thread!

Is it possible to get on the list for the new year's restocked supply?

Yes, of course, just place an order, that's all you need to do :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I think just Wim and I. Nathan of course made the ink, so you should all inundate him with crazy fan mail. :P I'm sure he doesn't get enough. :roflmho: Gotta give most of the credit to Wim though. He came up with this crazy mind bending excel spreadsheet that has EVERYTHING on it and it organizes it self auto-magically. I can't even look at it for fear of blindness.

And that's how we get those awesome invoices.

All I do is box the stuff up. :)

A tip of the turbin to Shawn-ta Claus, who indeed made it a dark blue Christmas: my VGSNB arrived moments ago!

Thank you Shawn, Wim, and Nathan. I'm going to go spill a drop now... :)

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

If we want to pre order for the next round can we order the larger 4.5 oz size? Is Nathan able to do them in very small quantities? I have a 4.5 of Manuscript Brown but one of Tulipe Noire would be great (and possibly VGSNB after I get a chance to try it...)

Thanks for all the hard work and Happy Holidays!

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Invoice #1074 arrived Christmas Eve to the NorthEast!!! Tulipe Noire, What a nice gift!!! Thank you for the massive coordination. Happy Holidays to all. :thumbup:

Dear Shawn,

The ink arrived safely yesterday. It made me think: "That framed Goulet Pen Company Certificate of Over-the top Packaging Internship must look good on your wall."

However, there seems to be a problem. The Van Gogh ink that you sent is definitely blue/black. I have a blue/black ink already. Surely no one needs more than one blue/black ink. It is blue/black, what possible difference could anyone make in the manufacture? I'm sure you agree, but that doesn't matter. I now have more than one bottle of blue/black ink (the fact that I have had many more than one bottle of blue/black inks for quite a while is irrelevant. As far as I'm concerned, anyway.)

I won't be able to sleep until this is rectified. Please advise.

Very sincerely yours,

Jon Szanto

Edited by JonSzanto

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Jon

:unsure: ?? I would say:

You are wrong. Your other ink is blue-black. Van Gogh has gone beyond that: it is black-blue.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Jon,

VGSN is a vintage colour blue, with very great shading characteristics. It is a blue with undertones of grey, and it shades from very light greyish blue, to almost black navy blue.

So, no, it isn't blue-black, even if it could be used like that. :D

I'd suggest you use it in a pen with a nib that is capable of doing this ink justice, i.e., that is capable of delivering the variation in ink quantity and shading that this ink allows.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

And there I was, using a Courier font to make it appear I was sending Shawn an old-fashioned, typed letter, fully certain my humor would come through. I didn't want to clutter it up with smilies, ruining the 'vintage' appearance of the post.

I can see it was a failure.

The post was a humorous one - I love the ink, and I have a *lot* of blue/black and black/blue inks. This one isn't just a keeper, but a common-use ink.

<sigh>

~ Benjamin Franklin

I've got my VGSN loaded in my new charcoal Safari - writing up a storm. Well - i'm in a Hotel with power and heat. The house is iced over. Power out - ice on everything - trees down - COLD. I'm SO SO SO glad my mom works at a hotel and that we get to 'visit' overnight. I heard power will be out for 7 or 8 days. :(

I got the humor. ;)

And there I was, using a Courier font to make it appear I was sending Shawn an old-fashioned, typed letter, fully certain my humor would come through. I didn't want to clutter it up with smilies, ruining the 'vintage' appearance of the post.

The post was a humorous one - I love the ink, and I have a *lot* of blue/black and black/blue inks. This one isn't just a keeper, but a common-use ink.

<sigh>

:roflmho:

That's what you get when you ask for a rectification from people who will ALWAYS try to provide an answer, even when they know it is humour ;).

And yes, it is a common-use ink. I always have (at least) two pens loaded with it :D.

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I heard power will be out for 7 or 8 days. :(

Oh, dude, I wish you the best of luck - hopefully they'll get it done sooner!

I got the humor. ;)

Yay!

~ Benjamin Franklin

I hope power will be back on sooner than that, too - but at least we're warm now. :) and I get my FPN fix.

Shawn,

Glad you and the family are safe and warm! Sounds like it was a significant storm (at least for your part of the country...my family in Chicago and NewYork always tease me when I complain about our measly amts of snow!)

Keep safe!

On another note, my FPN VGSNB has arrived in excellent condition, thank you for utilizing all of your aforementioned Goulet Packing skills!

Thanks again!

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

<sigh>

*Some* of us "got" it.... :thumbup:

I read your post and laughed like crazy. Especially since I have a bottle of PR Midnight Blues back in back order from my local pen shop. And then spent time at both Fountain Pen Hospital and Art Brown in NYC on Christmas Eve doing what? Why, shopping for blue-black inks, of course! :roflmho:

And yes, that *would* be inks (plural).... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."