Cross Bailey

lizcarter

Hello, I'm new in this and just bought a Cross Bailey pen, abut I'm wondering why is not in the cross.com page

I was reading some post about this kind of pen, but I just want to know if it is a genuine cross pen.

Thank you

post-94942-0-92651700-1353480420.jpg

post-94942-0-71990700-1353480430.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lizcarter

• lovemy51

• Mike 59

• Gcouch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I've just bought the same pen but in black with chrome/alu trim.

It is a Cross pen, but there are two ranges, the pens on the official site, which are the ones stocked by Cross dealers, and there is a range which are different in detail or colours, but are stocked by stationer's shops, office supplier's etc, but who are not official dealers, (maybe will be one day?).

I have some of both, the quality and guarantee are the same, you should have found the folded up paper instruction sheet in the box, with service centre details, one or two black cartridges etc.

I bought my 'Bailey' from a Cross dealer in the high street in the UK, and posted some photos in this thread; 'New Cross Bailey', only a couple of subjects down the main Cross page.

I could have bought the pen in chrome and 'gold' trim from the same dealer.

One thing you might find is that the cap will not stay on when writing, but as it's all (brass?) metal pen it's heavy enough to use without it. I think it's a really good-looking pen, and I do know it shares the same nib and feeder as the 'Aventura' pen, and takes the Orange Cross converter, same as Century 2 pen. (I have those two and have tested converters for fit, 'Bailey' takes orange, 'Aventura' takes green.)

Edited by Mike 59

It's genuine. The dealers have different models than the website. I happened to see that pen in my Staples today; its part of the new releases.

• 2 weeks later...

hi. i got one of these a month or so ago in black at Staples. decided to ink it a week ago and it's in my rotation now. i find the M nib smoother than my Townsend or Century II!! and only paid $19 american :thumbup:

enjoy yours!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cross had this on their website as a closeout a couple of months ago so it is a genuine Cross.

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Henry David Thoreau