5 replies to this topic

#1 kencraw

kencraw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 16:47

Hi everyone. I'm new to FPN, picking back up my dormant interest in fountain pens and fine penmanship after a long absence. I have already gotten a lot of great information from the forums from preexisting posts, so thank you all for your passion and content.

In any case, for my day-to-day writing, I prefer an extra fine nib and it looks like my renewed interest came about a year late, as Cross has just discontinued extra fine pens and replacement nibs. I have a couple of cross century II pens I received as gifts that I'd like to put an extra fine nib on, preferably the solid gold 18k nib that comes with the rolled gold pen.

Anyone know where I might find a source for discontinued Cross nibs?

#2 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 21:05

Firstly welcome to the forum!

I guess custom grinds are your best choice - any of the several nib meisters would do it for you.

BTW what nib size do you have on on your C IIs right now?
Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#3 kencraw

kencraw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:21

I have one medium and one fine. Can you do a custom grind with the plated nibs (because that's what I have)?

#4 kencraw

kencraw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:54

One more question... could someone point me in the direction of "the several nib meisters"... I'm new here after all. :)

#5 rwiker

rwiker

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:31

Hi everyone. I'm new to FPN, picking back up my dormant interest in fountain pens and fine penmanship after a long absence. I have already gotten a lot of great information from the forums from preexisting posts, so thank you all for your passion and content.

In any case, for my day-to-day writing, I prefer an extra fine nib and it looks like my renewed interest came about a year late, as Cross has just discontinued extra fine pens and replacement nibs. I have a couple of cross century II pens I received as gifts that I'd like to put an extra fine nib on, preferably the solid gold 18k nib that comes with the rolled gold pen.

Anyone know where I might find a source for discontinued Cross nibs?

Take a look at http://mrpen.co.uk, under "Nib Units and Spares" - looks like they have a good selection of EF nibs.

#6 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43

Pandemonium
Pendelton Brown
Greg Minuskin
Mike Masuyama
John Mottishaw

And many many more can do that for you at much less than what it would cost you for a new gold nib.
Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid