The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Source For Discontinued Nibs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kencraw

kencraw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 16:47

Hi everyone. I'm new to FPN, picking back up my dormant interest in fountain pens and fine penmanship after a long absence. I have already gotten a lot of great information from the forums from preexisting posts, so thank you all for your passion and content.

In any case, for my day-to-day writing, I prefer an extra fine nib and it looks like my renewed interest came about a year late, as Cross has just discontinued extra fine pens and replacement nibs. I have a couple of cross century II pens I received as gifts that I'd like to put an extra fine nib on, preferably the solid gold 18k nib that comes with the rolled gold pen.

Anyone know where I might find a source for discontinued Cross nibs?

Sponsored Content

#2 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 21:05

Firstly welcome to the forum!

I guess custom grinds are your best choice - any of the several nib meisters would do it for you.

BTW what nib size do you have on on your C IIs right now?
Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#3 kencraw

kencraw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:21

I have one medium and one fine. Can you do a custom grind with the plated nibs (because that's what I have)?

#4 kencraw

kencraw

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:54

One more question... could someone point me in the direction of "the several nib meisters"... I'm new here after all. :)

#5 rwiker

rwiker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:31

Hi everyone. I'm new to FPN, picking back up my dormant interest in fountain pens and fine penmanship after a long absence. I have already gotten a lot of great information from the forums from preexisting posts, so thank you all for your passion and content.

In any case, for my day-to-day writing, I prefer an extra fine nib and it looks like my renewed interest came about a year late, as Cross has just discontinued extra fine pens and replacement nibs. I have a couple of cross century II pens I received as gifts that I'd like to put an extra fine nib on, preferably the solid gold 18k nib that comes with the rolled gold pen.

Anyone know where I might find a source for discontinued Cross nibs?

Take a look at http://mrpen.co.uk, under "Nib Units and Spares" - looks like they have a good selection of EF nibs.

#6 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43

Pandemonium
Pendelton Brown
Greg Minuskin
Mike Masuyama
John Mottishaw

And many many more can do that for you at much less than what it would cost you for a new gold nib.
Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

Sponsored Content

|