Pen Posse Meat Chip Edition

AltecGreen

All are welcome to join the Posse.

Please arrive hungry, will have multiple offerings. (Conklin crescent chicken, Parker pulled pork, Waterman wings, Sheaffer snorkel shrimp, Salzs Brothers salad, Pelican potatoes, Eversharp eggs, Vacumatic veggies, Chilton chips, Cross cookies).

"Don't ever feed the Posse after midnight, they turn into ballpoints".

Wish I could be there, even just for the creative menu! :D Have a blast!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AltecGreen

• ethernautrix

• travberg

• kudzu

Please arrive hungry, will have multiple offerings. (Conklin crescent chicken, Parker pulled pork, Waterman wings, Sheaffer snorkel shrimp, Salzs Brothers salad, Pelican potatoes, Eversharp eggs, Vacumatic veggies, Chilton chips, Cross cookies).

Don't feed the Posse if you want the Posse to leave, ha ha ha!

That sounds amazing, Doug. I almost planned to show up this Saturday -- until I realized, d'oh! That's the 1st! December 8. Wait a minute... *double-checking* -- it's SUNDAY, the NINTH! Oh my ga--good thing I double-checked; I would have been embarrassingly early. Ha ha ha.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Life is full of opportunities to express regret over chances missed, most of which I keep quiet about. Here we have an exception. I am well able to show up for Pen Posse meetings at Peter's Cafe, which is near a BART station. But I don't drive, so I can't expect to show up for the more Lucullan events we sometimes have, this time at Doug Berg's house.

Food isn't everything; my musical experience is going to suffer, too. Let me therefore attempt to be high-minded and rejoice in the pleasure of others: all my best to this very merry company.

Life is full of opportunities to express regret over chances missed, most of which I keep quiet about. Here we have an exception. I am well able to show up for Pen Posse meetings at Peter's Cafe, which is near a BART station. But I don't drive, so I can't expect to show up for the more Lucullan events we sometimes have, this time at Doug Berg's house.

Food isn't everything; my musical experience is going to suffer, too. Let me therefore attempt to be high-minded and rejoice in the pleasure of others: all my best to this very merry company.

Someone should be carpooling over there!

And I'm hoping to fly in the CF tube sometime soon!

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

All right: I don't pretend to keep up with the language. What is a CF tube?

Are airplanes now made primarily from californium? Has Waterman Airlines just begun service between Denver and San Francisco? CF tubes a kind of topological amusement, like Klein bottles? Hilsch tubes I know about, but not that they offer eco-friendly transportation.

Do CF tubes figure in a Jack Finney novel about time travel, so that Loren can hope to enter a CF tube in Denver today and come out at Doug Berg's house next Saturday without being aware of the passage of time? If Loren spends most of his life in 2054 but graciously visits us from time to time, I hope I haven't gotten him in trouble with unauthorized personnel. And I'm really not looking forward to the scene where he says, "Jerome, I am your father."

Don't feed the Posse if you want the Posse to leave, ha ha ha!

That sounds amazing, Doug. I almost planned to show up this Saturday -- until I realized, d'oh! That's the 1st! December 8. Wait a minute... *double-checking* -- it's SUNDAY, the NINTH! Oh my ga--good thing I double-checked; I would have been embarrassingly early. Ha ha ha.

Lisa, you are always welcome! Think we should go to the PPPC this Saturday?

My neighbors bought me a 7 foot pen for the posse event!

Well, I'll be at tomorrow's PPPC mtg in Belmont. Heck! We might as well ALL show up!

A 7-ft pen!? Parker? Sheaffer? Waterman? Other? I can hardly wait to see it. I'll for sure bring my camera!

Thanks for having us over, Doug. You are far braver than I.

Cherry

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

Lisa: remember, if there's singing you need makeup and costumes to enhance the effect.

I don't think we need any further enhancing.

Don't know about that, Bro. I'm sure makeup and costumes would indeed enhance the space-time continuum effect engendered by my warping of cosmic speed with my screeching (should I ever decide to sing in public again). Or, maybe I'd need makeup -- a lot of makeup -- to hide behind. Heck, if I could get Fred to go with makeup and costumes, I'd do a duet with him. :ltcapd:

See some of you at the PPPC mtg tomorrow; the rest at Doug's the following weekend. Rain or no rain, I'll be at both.

Kudzu

Like this, Cherry. (I know. I've shown it before. Tee hee!)

ETA: D'oh!

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Wish I could be there, have fun, take pics!!

http://www.pepper.ph/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/SpamChips.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

We'll have to save that for Pen Posse the Visual Kei Edition.

My personal fave for Visual Kei is Versailles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7gzrEHi44c

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

ETA: D'oh!

Yes, Lisa -- Like that! I still love this YouTube video. Makes me smile all over and want to dance. :bunny01:

Kudzu

We'll have to save that for Pen Posse the Visual Kei Edition.

My personal fave for Visual Kei is Versailles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7gzrEHi44c

Wow. I'll bet there's nary a word about pens in this Versailles piece, but it sure is visually riveting.

Kudzu

Wow, the one time I attended was so much fun, I can't even begin to imagine what happens when the Posse really lets its hair down in a private setting... with meat chips!? Too bad I am already booked for that whole day. :rolleyes: Have fun, y'all! :bunny01:

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, pen and inks all day!

Still practicing, hope I sound better by Sunday! :yikes:

Aren't people supposed to contact to get the gate code to reach your place?

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Oh! I'm glad you bumped this topic up, Ricky.

Jerome, if you want, I can swing by and pick you up. I'll be picking up another friend in the East Bay before heading up to Doug's. I'll send you a PM, too.

Lisa

etherX in To Miasto

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, pen and inks all day!

Still practicing, hope I sound better by Sunday! :yikes:

Aren't people supposed to contact to get the gate code to reach your place?

Hi Ricky,

Jump on your left foot in a circle 3 times and then pull on your right ear.

Oh, wait, the gate code ( call me or Ricky will Facebook)

Please  make sure that anyone coming has my cell in case of a problem: 916-718-7908.

Time passes, things happen; at least a few questions answer themselves.

After inquiring, above, about CF as in "CF tube," let's say it doesn't mean californium, I have just now caught myself writing "CF paper." I meant Clairfontaine, and if lsmith42 can fly from Denver to West Sacramento in a rolled-up sheet of Clairefontaine, I'll be happy to see him next Sunday.