Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Martha Stewart Disc Bound Notebook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peaceteacher

peaceteacher

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:27

Hi everyone. Yesterday while I visited my local Staples store I scored a new disc bound notebook by Martha Stewart Avery Home line. The paper is pretty smooth to write on with my fountain pen, there is some show through in the back. The size of the notebook is the same as the Staples Arc line....but it is not leather. A lot lighter in weight to the Arc line notebook.
Just wanted to share in case anyone is planning to pick up one.

#2 7th Wave

7th Wave

Nibs are for Life not just Christmas

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:29

Ah nice, thanks for the info. I'll check it out when i'm next out and about.

Cheers

Mike

Posted Image

Nakaya Briarwood Deep Gloss

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

#3 brgmarketing

brgmarketing

Transition Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:07

Just bought and ARC system paper, discs and binders at 40% discount at Staples also.

Ditto on the Staples' paper. I will post a copy of my writing samples - different pens, nibs and inks in the paper & para... section tonight.

Quick summary of the above pen/ink experience - no real feathering and bleed though only with broader nibs and when doing a little "flexing". My preferences go toward fine and extra fine nibs so no problem is anticipated.

I did buy an ARC paper punch because I did not want to be held financial hostage to purchasing Staples/prepunched paper. I got that at a 15% discount and used some rewards money.

I am using the punch to re-use my 3 hole dividers rather than buy new ones. It's cheaper of course, greener and it works well (make sure the new holes are aligned properly).

I even ran of some weekly blank pages from Outlook, punched them and inserted them ito the binder so I can start using it now rather that wait until the 2013 calendar kicks in.
“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#4 brgmarketing

brgmarketing

Transition Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:01

Two images using the ARC paper in the new Staples' system purchased Tuesday - November 12th @ 40% discount.
Different inks and different pens/nibs used - (usually identified) to show any feathering or bleed-through.

I hope Martha uses the same paper. If so, it worked well for me. Note: I usually use fine and extra-fine nibs. If not, I like some finer italic and flex nibs - new or vintage.
“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”