#31 carlos.q

carlos.q

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:34

For those of you having problems with the Pelikan blue Black turning gray, rather than throwing the cartridge/bottle out, add a touch of blue to get the 'blue' back into the colour.
You don't need much, so do it a bit at a time.
I added some to the blue black in my converter and have managed to get the blue back.
I have noticed that the Pelikan blue black, whether the gray variety or the proper colour, both dry different to colours depending on the paper you are using.

Let's see if I get it right: just put some blue back into the blue black to get the blue back? Nice tongue twister! :roflmho:

#32 79spitfire

79spitfire

No the car is NOT painted with Bay State Blue..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:56

For those of you having problems with the Pelikan blue Black turning gray, rather than throwing the cartridge/bottle out, add a touch of blue to get the 'blue' back into the colour.
You don't need much, so do it a bit at a time.
I added some to the blue black in my converter and have managed to get the blue back.
I have noticed that the Pelikan blue black, whether the gray variety or the proper colour, both dry different to colours depending on the paper you are using.

Let's see if I get it right: just put some blue back into the blue black to get the blue back? Nice tongue twister! :roflmho:

Thanks! Now I have a headache.... :blink:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!Neko_animated.gif
Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

#33 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:31

I ask because I'd like to get a few long cartridges to re-use. You're right; never mind Arsene, Sandy knows.

I had gotten a hold of some of the carts, and they were a sickly grey color.

I'm one of the lucky few in the states who still has some of this left, (thank goodness it's a 2oz bottle!). It's (for me) a very pen-dependent ink, in some it shows great color and subtle shading, in others it's just a dry scratchy PITA.

Oh, but when it's in a slightly wet pen does it ever shine!

Hmm. I'll try another colour for the long carts then. And get a bottle of this from ebay.de. It sounds like it's just the thing for my Phileas.

Works wonderfully in mine! (both fine & medium nibs)

Right now I have it in my True Writer Silver Anniversary and my medium nibbed Phileas.

I have also used it successfully in my Phileas with fine and Al Star with fine.

Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

LetterExchange_sm.png

#34 nervium

nervium

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 22:06

my best blue-black, but it's dry as everbody tells, i like it with safari oblique nibs.

#35 79spitfire

79spitfire

No the car is NOT painted with Bay State Blue..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:07

Used it all day today! Works great in a Diplomat Magnum. (B, of course) Very smooth and reliable, as well as efficient. wrote all day, and hardly used any of the ink in the converter.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!Neko_animated.gif
Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

#36 AlejoPlay

AlejoPlay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 802 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 21:05

I just won a bottle on eBay that I bid on for shucks and giggles. 

And I thought after I won it . . . don't I have enough Blue Blacks?  (it can join ESSRI, Montblanc Midnight, LAMY BlBk in the dry blue blacks category).

Anyone had any experience with adding anything to it to get it wetter?  Was thinking maybe a little tiny bit of Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher or Diamine Demim which a saturated and wet?

#37 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 22:06

I don't think that anyone can have enough blue-blacks. Just my opinion of course!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"
LetterExchange_sm.png

#38 AlejoPlay

AlejoPlay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 802 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2014 - 00:51

I don't think that anyone can have enough blue-blacks. Just my opinion of course!

LOL!  This is true!

Especially ones you can't buy in this country!

Edited by AlejoPlay, 24 July 2014 - 00:51.

#39 AlejoPlay

AlejoPlay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 802 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:35

Just received a bottle and inked up my wettest pen . . . my Noodler's Ahab with it and it was a worthwhile purchase.  It's a match made in heaven.  Beautiful!