37 replies to this topic

#31 fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 18:31

The argument about shape and weight is justified.

No it isn't. Shape and weight are a matter of comfort and usability. They have nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with whether a pen is feminine or masculine.

Only things with reproductive parts can be feminine or masculine. (i.e., living beings.) Everything else is just a false association for the sake of making one person feel better about their personal choices, at the expense of making someone else feel bad. It is all nonsense. Don't buy into it.

Edited by fyrstormer, 13 November 2012 - 18:31.

#32 shocker

shocker

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:47

Hi all
Just an update. Many thanks to all your comments.much apprefiated. I like the pen and colour but it was just playing on my mind. I have decided to return the pen and exchanged for another sauvage fountain pen but the blue Azurite crocodile pattern.thanks all. Medium nib

#33 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

Generally, sleepy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:12

I have decided to return the pen and exchanged for another sauvage fountain pen but the blue Azurite crocodile pattern.thanks all. Medium nib

Oh, now you've really screwed things up! If you take that one out in public, people are going to think you are using a children's pen. This is a horrible mistake, I hope you can take it back and get something big and heavy, maybe shiny black with some gold parts on it. Then you can stroll into any room and people will be impressed with your manliness.

Quick. Before it's too late.

Posted Image
"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

#34 Chrissy

Chrissy

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:51

When I looked it I thought it's a ladies pen.

However, it's what you think that matters not what other people think. :happyberet:

postcardde9.png

#35 stefanv

stefanv

Casual Collector and Experimenter

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 14:45

Look online for the shape of Mont Blanc Pricesse Grace Pen, it`s a feminine pen for sure, so I think that we can say that pens could be for a man, for a woman and also can be unisex (to bottle genders like a bic pen). But Princesse Grace is a very feminine pen. The shape looks a womans body shape, as this cross sauvage (this pen have hips!:)).

As a man, I don't think I'd want to use a pen just because it was shaped after a man's body shape, so why would a pen that looks like a woman's body shape necessarily be a "woman's pen"?
Stefan Vorkoetter

Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.

A pen from my collection:
Posted Image

#36 shocker

shocker

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 18:06

Ha thats so funny...childrens pen. Oh no your really confusing me lol

#37 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

Generally, sleepy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 19:03

Ha thats so funny...childrens pen. Oh no your really confusing me lol

I'm glad you could tell it was said in good humor. Seriously, though: write with a pen you enjoy, that both works well and appeals to your eye. Don't give a moment's thought to what other people may think of it, because life it too short to go around trying to please everyone else.
"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

#38 Nic13

Nic13

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 21:09

Does not matter!!! if you like the pen and the way it writes and feels, use it!

its your joy and happiness not theirs :thumbup:

I have a coral ahab that i really enjoy even though people insist its pink...don't care :roflmho: