#1 Markthetruck

Markthetruck

Leave the gun, take the canoli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:52

[]Have a couple of Cross, MIB Limited editions. A 150 year presentation set, fountain pen and an Obama Presidential seal signature. My understanding is the latter were only very limited (around 100 pens) and only available outside of the US. I haven't yet considered prices so I'm gauging interest.

Attached Images

• Cross150 1.jpg
  • Barak4.jpg

Gnothi Seauton

#2 Shaporama

Shaporama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 13:09

I have nothing of value to add to your Cross discussion, but just wanted to say that your tag is my favorite line from my favorite movie! That was Clemenza, right?

#3 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 15:37

Given the state of the economy, he SHOULD be cross.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#4 Markthetruck

Markthetruck

Leave the gun, take the canoli

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:32

I have nothing of value to add to your Cross discussion, but just wanted to say that your tag is my favorite line from my favorite movie! That was Clemenza, right?

One of my favorite scenes in film.:thumbup:
Gnothi Seauton

#5 DrRoger

DrRoger

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:35

No politics here as I'm in the UK but I'd be interested in the Obama FP - don't know what a similar Cross would cost but I do like the pen. Would be interested also in hearing how these got to be made and who they were intended for. Thanks. Roger

#6 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 13:28

The Obama pen looks like the rollerballs he uses for bill signings that are then given to dignitaries associated with the bill being passed. 100 sounds very low to me, he used almost 30 of them to sign Obamacare alone.

There is a Youtuber of his pen secretary bringing in two full racks of the Obama pens for the signing and of the signing itself.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#7 Bearcat

Bearcat

Careful with that Fountain Pen....You could put your eye out!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 15:36

The Obama pen looks like the rollerballs he uses for bill signings that are then given to dignitaries associated with the bill being passed. 100 sounds very low to me, he used almost 30 of them to sign Obamacare alone.

There is a Youtuber of his pen secretary bringing in two full racks of the Obama pens for the signing and of the signing itself.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Yep. Those are the souvenir pens used for bill signings.

They are also sometimes given to dignitaries or members of foreign delegations who visit the President or who do important work on international treaties, etc. Thousands have been produced, (but maybe only 100 for commercial sale...I don't know).

I have a Parker from President Ford that was used in a bill signing and a Parker jotter from Michigan Governor Wm. Milliken. There is some niche collector interest in them.

Edited by Bearcat, 13 November 2012 - 15:39.

Have Camera....Will Travel....Wire SigSauerFan AT Hotmail DOT com

Inveterate trader. Send me a note for my list of pens, watches, knives and other fun things for sale or trade....

The Danitrio Fellowship