Cross Obama

Markthetruck

[]Have a couple of Cross, MIB Limited editions. A 150 year presentation set, fountain pen and an Obama Presidential seal signature. My understanding is the latter were only very limited (around 100 pens) and only available outside of the US. I haven't yet considered prices so I'm gauging interest.

Gnothi Seauton

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markthetruck

• Lloyd

• Shaporama

• DrRoger

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing of value to add to your Cross discussion, but just wanted to say that your tag is my favorite line from my favorite movie! That was Clemenza, right?

Given the state of the economy, he SHOULD be cross.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I have nothing of value to add to your Cross discussion, but just wanted to say that your tag is my favorite line from my favorite movie! That was Clemenza, right?

One of my favorite scenes in film.:thumbup:

Gnothi Seauton

No politics here as I'm in the UK but I'd be interested in the Obama FP - don't know what a similar Cross would cost but I do like the pen. Would be interested also in hearing how these got to be made and who they were intended for. Thanks. Roger

The Obama pen looks like the rollerballs he uses for bill signings that are then given to dignitaries associated with the bill being passed. 100 sounds very low to me, he used almost 30 of them to sign Obamacare alone.

There is a Youtuber of his pen secretary bringing in two full racks of the Obama pens for the signing and of the signing itself.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

The Obama pen looks like the rollerballs he uses for bill signings that are then given to dignitaries associated with the bill being passed. 100 sounds very low to me, he used almost 30 of them to sign Obamacare alone.

There is a Youtuber of his pen secretary bringing in two full racks of the Obama pens for the signing and of the signing itself.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Yep. Those are the souvenir pens used for bill signings.

They are also sometimes given to dignitaries or members of foreign delegations who visit the President or who do important work on international treaties, etc. Thousands have been produced, (but maybe only 100 for commercial sale...I don't know).

I have a Parker from President Ford that was used in a bill signing and a Parker jotter from Michigan Governor Wm. Milliken. There is some niche collector interest in them.

Edited by Bearcat

Have Camera....Will Travel....Wire SigSauerFan AT Hotmail DOT com

Inveterate trader. Send me a note for my list of pens, watches, knives and other fun things for sale or trade....

The Danitrio Fellowship