4 replies to this topic

#1 cgl102770

cgl102770

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 14:08

Hi all - I hope it's ok to post this hear. I found a set of Cross pens, a fountain and lead pencil, and was curious if they had any value. The case says 14 kt filled, and lifetime guarantee and they still work well. I believe this set is from the 60's - 70's. Thank you for any feedback:

Posted Image

http://christianleon...les/cross05.jpg

#2 pencils+pens

pencils+pens

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45

A quick check on eBay completed listings shows these pen/pencil sets going for between $19.99 and $79.99. The latter is an out-lier, most of the prices were in the $20 and $30 range. The price you get will depend on timing, condition and whether you have the original box.

Edited by pencils+pens, 08 November 2012 - 01:46.

#3 rochester21

rochester21

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:56

i bought two identical ones for about 10 usd. They are nice, slender pens, but i`m not passionate about them(since they`re not fountain pens), especially since i understand they don`t use standard refills, nor are they easy to take apart. But, i believe they do stand out from the crowd as far as ballpoints go :)

#4 cgl102770

cgl102770

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:12

Thank you for the replies, I had no idea where to begin. I looked on ebay but wasn't sure if mine was similar, I guess they are. Theyre in good condition as is the case...thanks again.

#5 swright007

swright007

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:54

Hate to ressurect a dead thread, but I collect very little that isn't made by Cross. Their refills are easy enough to come by. Pens just pull to seperate. At the top, just unscrew the refill, remove, and slide the new one in, and tighten. Slide the top of the pen back on. They aren't hard to maintain. Refills can be found at most good Office stores and directly from www.cross.com ... Oh, and new, those pens sell from Cross at $130.00 If you picked that pen up for less than about $30 it looks like you made out like a bandit.

Scott