#1 linearM

linearM

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 22:01

A friend just sent me a link to a group of artists...Urban Sketchers:http://www.urbansketchers.org/p/global-map.html . I found it an interesting blog and a possible place for fountain pen sketchers to find fellow sketchers. The thing that caught my eye was on the right hand side on the blog. There was an item for keeping sketchbooks, journals and drawing pads together with provision for pens and pencils. The item was called the Cleverhands journal bandolier. It looked like a neat idea. I don't think I would carry my Mont Blanc (not that I have one) that way but for everyday sketch fountain pens it looked very practical.

#2 indigoskye

indigoskye

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 17:49

You can find these bandoliers on ETSY all the time from a number of vendors. They make them for all sizes of notebooks in a variety of colors. Another company that makes the bandoliers with leather is quiver.com. I have a single quiver on my Moleskine Pocket Diary to hold my bullet space pen. It allows me to keep a pen that works with the moleskine at all times. This size would work on the Rhodia pocket notebooks as well. I've been thinking of getting a larger bandolier for my composition notebooks, this company, quiver, or a custom one from ETSY would be fabulous.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. - W. Somerset Maugham
No Wasted Ink

#3 inkypete

inkypete

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2012 - 00:36

I think it is quiverglobal.com - they look interesting but a little chunky.
Posted Image

#4 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:02

There is a line of scrapbooks called SMASH Books and the company that makes them also sells a bandolier that goes with them. They would work with lots of various sketch books and journals. Check them out at Michael's or other scrapbook type stores. (no affiliations)
Fair winds and following seas.

#5 indigoskye

indigoskye

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2012 - 23:45

I think it is quiverglobal.com - they look interesting but a little chunky.

I like the leather quiver. It is thin enough that it seems to meld with the moleskine and not add additional weight. I got a black one which makes it look streamlined. I tried a full cover on my moleskine once and didn't like the additional weight, so the quiver works for me A cloth bandolier would be even lighter though. I'm going to check out the smashbooks ones at Micheals that another person on this thread recommended. Might work well for my composition book.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. - W. Somerset Maugham
No Wasted Ink