Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Now perhaps I'll get to explore stationery...... :meow:

Oh, don't start that, stationery can be addictive too ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In addition to whatever nonsense I've already put in my bio: I'm 55 and a resident and native of the Highlands of Scotland. I'm more a user of pens than a collector. Of course, I want to try using lots of other pens, so the difference is more perceived than real. I have an interest in fountain pen history. I've read most of what's available and I think we've barely seen the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot more to discover.

I favour Conway Stewarts, Heros and whichever other odd pen I get my hands on.

I like archaeology. This is good area to pursue that interest as there are remains of everything from the Neolithic on in profusion here. Also history, which in this part of the world usually meant one clan knocking lumps out of another.

I take photographs but I make no claims for their quality :rolleyes:

And I like to write. Incessantly.

Gordon

I love your description of history:D A bit like one of our medieval archaeology lecturers at university writing off a long barrow with a dismissive wave of his hand and the comment that "prehistory, it's all religious or ritualistic, you make it up as you go along and no bugger can ever prove you wrong". My archaeology interest was Anglo-Saxon and then somewhere along the line I got bang up to date with the Industrial Revolution and got stuck with cotton mills instead.

This year I've been working on Victorian industrialised farming and its effect on landscape. That's fine, but you have to admit it's less blood-stirring than hairy fellows brandishing claymores in a way that would upset The Health And Safety Executive.

Gordon

My archaeology interest was Anglo-Saxon and then somewhere along the line I got bang up to date with the Industrial Revolution and got stuck with cotton mills instead.

If one is stuck with cotton mills and the Industrial Revolution, is it possible to be "up to date"? <_<

Unless your studying the evolution of cotton mills..... :blink:

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little impact on society." Mark Twain

Well, in comparison with most archaeology the Industrial Revolution is "up to date" ;) I certainly never thought it was something which would capture my imagination. Certainly study the evolution of one particular cotton mill and its history because its my workplace and my job.

I was hoping that someone on here would want to write to me, I was looking forward to swapping letters with other fountain pen enthusiasts - though I'll be the first to acknowledge that the people around here are much more knowledgable than I can ever hope to be. So far no offers though.

I want to write to you! We'd just bore everyone else with our archaeology and history.

And the motorsport.

Gordon

I would like to be part of the snail mail group, also. :) I live in Nevada, in the middle of nowhere, and I work in the library at a middle school. I am interested in history, reading (especially Dean Koontz!), music, and NASCAR racing. I enjoy writing and receiving letters.

Thanks!

Jane :)

"I never knew anyone who worked so hard to make such a mess."

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9840/mittenshu1.png

Well, my first letter is now written as a result of this topic and I've got a couple more to write. I'm certainly looking forward to getting to know some of the people on here a bit better.

• 3 weeks later...

Count me in! I love using my pens. My interests include motorcycles, theology, and I study tarantulas in addition to the pens. Also love England, Ireland and Scotland. I'm 50 with a wonderful family. Please BC me for my SM addy. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and Salutations! I would love to be part of the "snail mail"group - I like to think of myself as multi-faceted - like a fine diamond LOL...seriously though, I have many varying interests and love to learn about different cultures and places...

Some of the many interests include :

Photography, Art, Theatre, Music (all genres), Dance, Literature, Jewellery, and History, Equestrianship, Hunting, Movies/Television shows such as Star Trek -Original Series, Seinfeld and Friends....(don't laugh!!!) :lol: Anyways, I could go on all day about stuff I like to talk about...... :blink:

Although I can be serious at times, I do have a fun and playful side and I love to be silly and dive into the pool of goofiness :bunny1:

Feel free to pm me if you would like to share letters :D

Sincerely,

Royally Inked

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm up for snailing now.

I think the stuff in my bio gives a fairly good idea of me.

It's been a while since I wrote proper letters by hand so I'm looking forward to this.

B)

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

• 1 month later...

Always up for snailing. Brief Bio - 15 or so years in IT. With technology bubble burst, became full-time caregiver for our two wee children (5 2/3's and 2 1/2). Now I work at....*gasp* a Montblanc boutique. More of a "pen" guy then a "MB pen" guy. Just for what its worth. Interests are fountain pens, reading, history (especially naval history), outdoor activities, especially biking, both road and mountain. Live in the Dallas metroplex... hm. Also interested in hunting, collecting edged weapons, and probably many more things that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Not all those who wander are lost.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been amasing fountain pens for the last 7 years, tho i can remember being facinated by pens back to the age of 10 when my mother bought me a $2.95 Parker Big Red... which i still have. I now have over 85 pieces, the greatest numbers are from Pelikan and rOtring.

My hobbies include designing and building furniture, restoring cars, and remodeling my home.

I work with industrial designers. I am a modelmaker by trade (15 years), that is i make prototypes of the things that they think of. I create 3D product from an assortment of materials and processes, mostly consumer products...

What else ya wanna know??

Hello,

I have been amasing fountain pens for the last 7 years, tho i can remember being facinated by pens back to the age of 10 when my mother bought me a $2.95 Parker Big Red... which i still have. I now have over 85 pieces, the greatest numbers are from Pelikan and rOtring.

My hobbies include designing and building furniture, restoring cars, and remodeling my home.

I work with industrial designers. I am a modelmaker by trade (15 years), that is i make prototypes of the things that they think of. I create 3D product from an assortment of materials and processes, mostly consumer products...

What else ya wanna know??

Are you interested in snailing?

What pens do you own, inks, preferred papers?

What are 3 interesting things about you that no one here could know.

What is your favorite color?

Kurt H

half seriously :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in. I'd love to exchange snails with people.

I'm a 28 year old mathematician who likes sunsets, computers, cheap reliable pens, my wife and 12 week old daughter and playing Ultimate Frisbee. I'm currently a researcher at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill and dream of being a professor at a small college someday.

My bio doesn't get much shorter than that ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to join this snail mail list!

I can probably write back really quick :) I have WAY TOO MANY BEAUTIFUL pens (not fountain though) that I need to do some writing just to use up some of the ink. Of course when writing back, I'll try my best to use fountain pen :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hi,

Me too!

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon