Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

I would like to write or correspond to some one who is into technology and aeroplanes and off course likes fountain pens too :-)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Letter Lovers,

I would love a couple folks to exchange thoughts with, have a conversation. Know what I mean?

So, a bit about me: born and raised here in New Mexico, but have enjoyed some travel, am pushing the big 50 with no interest in growing up more or less old! Am spiritual not religious, Love to read sci-fi (or anything interesting), and my hobbies range from sewing to riding on the back of a motorcycle. Could say I'm a bit of a Renaissance woman, or consistently inconsistent. How I got here? I have loved pen and paper as long as I can remember, and now I am finally in a place where I can afford a few nice pens and some pretty paper. Not sure that I really want to become a collector but I do love the stuff.

Interested?

Kris

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in having a pen-pal - I've never had one before, and the last time I wrote a letter was about 6 years ago.

I agree with deathbringer, it's a bit intimidating to be a younger person in a forum made up mostly of adults.

I live in New Zealand, but I'm half Croatian; I've quite new to fountain pens: my grandfather gave me one when I was about 12, which is what started the obsession.

My interests are martial arts, playing instruments, motorcycles, fountain pens and notebooks.

Thanks for reading, please PM if interested. :)

PN

Hope I'm not too late for this!

I'm a 26 year old female from Malaysia although I did studied in Adelaide, Australia for quite some time. Interests are mainly reading novels (I admit, I have a soft spot for fantasy and romance), photography and the occasional gaming.

I'm also currently learning Japanese whenever I have some spare moments and enjoy watching Japanese anime, but by no means do I consider myself an "otaku".

I've recently picked up my first fountain pen, and did not expect my collection to grow from 1 fountain pen to 4 in just a few weeks. Am definitely looking forward to meeting other who share the same interest in fountain pens as well! (:

I'd love to be involved in this!

I'm 17 and from the uk, love everything fountain pen related, as well as jazz music, perfect combination in my opinion!

Hi! I'm Oscar! I'm a Senior in high school in Virginia!

I am an avid guitar player, i collect fountain pens (That's a given almost), I love older music such as Stanley Jordan, Van Halen, AC/Dc, Lynyrd skynyrd and the white stripes.

I have been a track runner in previous years, running the 1600m and 800m events.

I am a spanish speaker (okay, spanglish. sue me)

I plan on having a medical career in the future and already plan on ending up at John Hopkins for medical school.

Let me know if you want to be pen pals, i love meeting new people!

Not sure if anyone is looking for a pen pal. I have a few but would like more.

My name is Mike. I'm 29 years old and I'm living in Wyoming, USA, but I'm originally from Texas. I've lived in other parts of the nation, including Boston, Massachusetts.

I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian priest. I love to travel extensively. I have been to Italy, Greece, France (both Marseilles and Paris), Syria, the United Arab Emirates, and Japan.

I have a working knowledge of Latin and Ancient Greek. I'm working on learning Spanish.

I enjoy music, particularly classical, opera, jazz, and blues. I am a trumpet player but I am learning to play other instruments like the saxophone and harmonica. But my progress is slow.

I am happily married and my wife and I are about to have our first child.

Let me know if you want to write to me!

Edited by Texican

If you like receiving letters, I love writing them!

Have a particular topic to discuss? Here's a short list...

• making lotions, soaps
  • natural healing
  • knitting
  • gardening
  • truck driving
  • small business/self-employment/entrepreneurial -ism
  • homeschooling
  • teaching
  • Common Core
  • herbs
  • spirituality/religion
  • Jack Russell Terrorists
  • philosophy
  • movies
  • music
  • painting
  • paganism
  • self-sufficiency
  • parenting
  • tobacco/tobacco control
  • pharma cartel

Oh, yes, fountain pens, inks, and papers :D

Is the relentless pursuit of "interests" only an attempt to become "interesting?" :huh:

"There are two kinds of people...

• Those who, no matter how much evidence to the contrary, never feel loved and cherished.
  • Those who, no matter how much evidence to the contrary, always feel loved and cherished."

~me

I've been wanting a pen pal forever and it looks like this is a great place to find one.

I'm a 22-year-old man, but not very manly

Live in Washington State

Not religious, but religion is an interest of mine because I have very little knowledge of any religions

Full time student in Psychology

Full time employee in an awesome factory (an attempt of sarcasm through text)

strong interest in philosophy

I'm not a very serious person, but I am serious when I need to be

I love movies, music, and television

I'm a nerd in a sense that I like things like anime and other associated things although if you were to just have a normal conversation with me in person you'd never know I was nerdy, if that makes sense. Haha

If I sound interesting to anyone let me know. I have no preference of where the writer is from, but it would be interesting talking to someone in another country or other side of the country.

All right, I'm in.

- Full time worker/part time masters' student

- thirtysomething

- In Melbourne, Australia

- Interests: gaming, football (soccer, Australian, rugby), photography, movies and tv, the internet, tea, reading, the labour movement, radio.

- languages spoken: only fluent in English, sorry

- I would also be into sending / receiving interesting stationery, so if you ever want a random notebook I'm your gal

Edited by rain

Yes please, I'd love some snail mail \\ rockin' some Lamys and lookin' for more

Been some time since I have corresponded via the postal service. I'll have a go at it if there is anyone interested in swamping letters. I enjoy my pens but also enjoy bike riding camping photography and a few other things.

I'd love to give this a try! I've managed to acquire all these lovely pens and inks but I feel like they don't get enough use (I've tried writing to my relatives, but they just reply by email :rolleyes:).

About me:

I'm in my mid-twenties, currently I'm studying software production and industrial engineering.

I live in Espoo, Finland, and can write in English, Swedish and Finnish. I could give writing in French a try too, but no guarantees on the quality of the end result. :P

Interests (other than fountain pens) include books, gaming, movies, tea, computers, hunting, travel, and many more. Of course discussion doesn't have to be limited to these subjects, I'll talk about almost anything :)

Send me a PM me if you're interested!

I am:
- In a woman in my mid-twenties and have been transplanted into the interesting state of Iowa.

- Interested in active living - specifically playing rugby, road cycling, hiking and frisbee playing.

- A lover of good wine, beer and bourbon (but not an excessive lover... )

- In the midst of planning a wedding with my wonderful future wife.

- A recently grounded drifter who always seeks adventure

- An artist, student, learner, reader, worker etc...

- Social libertarian - but not particularly interested in discussing the intracacies of gay marriage, abortion or any other relatively controversial political topics via paper and pen.

- Looking to write about once a week

If any of this wets your whistle or makes you want to... wellp, write letters to me... PM me.

Accentuate the positive.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love writing and receiving letters! :D

Just a little bit about myself, some people can't pronounce my first name (if you'll like to know why, it'll cost you a postage stamp :P). I'm a high school student in Singapore, the cosmopolitan city where the East meets the West.

Some interests of mine include fountain pens/inks/papers, reading, writing (personal stuff, not homework! Sorry teachers! XD), playing the ukulele, photography, listening to music.

I'm currently in my last year of high school. If all goes well (aka results good enough for university), I'll be headed to the Faculty of Psychology. Learning about people and their mindsets just appeals so much to me.

PM me if you're interested! Always happy to make new friends, especially with people I have a common topic to talk about! (Meaning all of you out here, we can yak about pens and inks and paper! But I'm still a greenhorn so please pardon my lack of knowledge in the field! ><)

I'll try to write as often as I can! (Still, we may have to stop correspondence in the months leading to my A Levels :( Promise I'll jump right back in once the darn exams are over!)

Have a good day ahead :)

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I love writing and receiving letters! :D

Just a little bit about myself, some people can't pronounce my first name (if you'll like to know why, it'll cost you a postage stamp :P). I'm a high school student in Singapore, the cosmopolitan city where the East meets the West.

Some interests of mine include fountain pens/inks/papers, reading, writing (personal stuff, not homework! Sorry teachers! XD), playing the ukulele, photography, listening to music.

I'm currently in my last year of high school. If all goes well (aka results good enough for university), I'll be headed to the Faculty of Psychology. Learning about people and their mindsets just appeals so much to me.

PM me if you're interested! Always happy to make new friends, especially with people I have a common topic to talk about! (Meaning all of you out here, we can yak about pens and inks and paper! But I'm still a greenhorn so please pardon my lack of knowledge in the field! ><)

I'll try to write as often as I can! (Still, we may have to stop correspondence in the months leading to my A Levels :( Promise I'll jump right back in once the darn exams are over!)

Have a good day ahead :)

~Epic

Hi all, thanks for your responses! I've got my pen pals! Thanks for the love~

Hope to make more pen pals once I finish my End of Year papers! :D

~Epic

~

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Hello all! I would love to have some pen pals, I do miss getting letters in the mail that aren't bills or *INCREDIBLE ONE-TIME ONLY OFFERS!!!1!!!* (You know just what I mean!) In the interest of not flooding this thread with a wall'o'text, please see my introductory post in the "Welcome" section, or just check out my "About Me" section in my profile! My only real stipulation is that you be patient with my possibly intermittent writing--I'll be starting up school soon (biology/pre-med major, with an eye to becoming a PTA or going on to PT), and I don't know what my workload is going to look like yet. I shall do my best, though! Also, if you are not keen on talking to a fairly liberal-minded pagan, I'm probably not the pen-pal for you. If you do want to exchange letters, I want to hear about everything that interests you and what is going on in your life and your world!

Cheers!

"Feri ando payi sitsholpe te nauyas" -- Lovara saying

“She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows, and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.” Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

I would be interested in trying this. I currently have my first handwritten letter ready to send to my mom, and I was thinking I could try a pen-pal or two, so I would have to write a letter every few days.

I am interested in books (Sci-fi and fantasy), renaissance fairs, horses, camping (I have not go in years, but want to go again), baking, and lots of other random stuff. I do not watch TV, or pay too much attention to news/pop culture, but do sometimes watch netflix.

I am new to Fountain pens and handwriting, so please be willing to ignore inconsistant letter sizes, too much space between letters in words, or not enough space between words, and misspellings. I found while writing my mom that I really missed the back-space key!

Hello All

I am a longtime letter writer, though until recently only to family and friends (not all as keen to write as I!). I am a 55 year old man and an English teacher at secondary school level in southwest Scotland (the northern part of Britain/the United Kingdom). I am happy to write on any subject with varying levels of knowledge and (in)competence. I would post my address, but I know one is not allowed to do that on FPN; so please feel free to PM.

Kindest regards

Timothy

Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to see that there are people who like to write letters. I often write to my friends and family, and while they seem to enjoy them, the usual response I receive is a text message saying "thanks".

I'm from Oklahoma where I have lived most of my life. However my family traveled a lot in the summer so I've been all over the USA and love seeing the world. I hope to visit other hemispheres in the next few years. I'm currently looking for a job, but am running a small dog sitting and dog walking operation to pass the time. I love to read almost anything (except chick-lit), training and playing with my dogs, writing short stories, and listening to music. I'm 33 years old, a woman, engaged, but I still don't feel my age.

PM me if you'd like to start writing.

Thanks

Tak :)

--

"One day, every soldier in the empire has to shower in the blood of your sacrificial bull... The next, they don't even remember your birthday."

Anubis, in American Gods

Hi!

I'm fairly new to fountain pens (started just after Christmas), and I'm looking for some regular penpals! I wrote a lot during February for InCoWriMo, and I'm hoping to keep writing.

I'm live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC, but my family is from Taiwan. I enjoy calligraphy (pointed-pen), art (I'm not very good at it), photography and travelling. I don't have cable at home, but I do watch a couple TV shows (online, Netflix etc). I really enjoy sunny weather, but can't deal with humidity. (Vancouver is a pretty insulated climate bubble, mild-ish weather all year round).

Send me PM to exchange addresses! :D

s h e r r y

instagram