#31 penultress

penultress

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:30

I was able to snatch a NOS rose gold Meridians with a medium-nib for EUR130 just before Christmas. I had the nib exchanged for a stub that actually turned out to be a medium stub. The shop was making place for newer pens... me not complaining.

So that was a good ending to an otherwise fairly bad (personally) year.

D.ick

Glad to hear you had a good ending to the year and I wish you a better year this year!

Are stub nibs sold separately? And would they be available in the US?

#32 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10

Yes, well certainly here in the UK. You should contact a local Waterman dealer. If you buy a new pen with any other nib the dealer can return it to NRW for an exchange FOC. You just have to wait a while. There's a UK ebay seller currently offering stubs for £45 + delivery. They are £65 + delivery most other places if not more.

Edited by Force, 05 January 2013 - 09:37.

#33 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,384 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34

The free exchange takes about a week or less here in the Netherlands. Bought it on Wednesday befor Christmas, got a phone call that it had arrived on the Thursday after Christmas.

For older pens your shop could order a new section-with-nib.

Or have a look on Amazon, Our FPN-member Lewertowski has an Amazon-shop (penseller from France) where he offers the whole Parker and Waterman range including new sections. I have not compared lately, but his prices used to be very good.

D.ick

Edited by RMN, 05 January 2013 - 09:35.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#34 penultress

penultress

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:00

Yes, well certainly here in the UK. You should contact a local Waterman dealer. If you buy a new pen with any other nib the dealer can return it to NRW for an exchange FOC. You just have to wait a while. There's a UK ebay seller currently offering stubs for £45 + delivery. They are £65 + delivery most other places if not more.

The free exchange takes about a week or less here in the Netherlands. Bought it on Wednesday befor Christmas, got a phone call that it had arrived on the Thursday after Christmas.For older pens your shop could order a new section-with-nib.Or have a look on Amazon, Our FPN-member Lewertowski has an Amazon-shop (penseller from France) where he offers the whole Parker and Waterman range including new sections. I have not compared lately, but his prices used to be very good.D.ick

Thanks! I'll check out both sources!