Modern Pens - Delta Le's

ArchiMark

Modern Delta Pens – 7 LE's

Intro

This post is meant to be an overview of Delta pen company and some of Delta's pens, not a typical pen review full of subjective opinions. I will likely post the usual type of pen review of these pens individually in the Pen Review section of the forum.

The idea is to give FPNr's some idea of the range of pens that Delta produces, but as I only have 7 Deltas 😉 it will not be a comprehensive overview now.

I will post info on each pen in separate posts following this first post.

Hopefully, other FPNr's will either add more Delta LE pens to this thread over time. But if one wants to add their Delta pens, please do not make it into a subjective review, that's for the Pen Review forum section.

In addition, I hope that someone will start a similar thread for Delta non-LE pens. Together, this will give FPNr's a good overview of what pens Delta offers.

Besides some discussion about Delta pen company, this article will cover the 7 Delta LE pens that I currently have:

1. Chatterley Pens Stantuffo Star Collection Celestial Blue LE

2. Chatterley Pens Stantuffo Celluloid Classico Grande LE

3. Chatterley Pens Gray Shadow Demonstrator LE

4. Chatterley Pens MOMO Design 30th Anniversary LE

5. Chatterley Pens Stantuffo II Celluloid Brown LE

6. Alfa Romeo Grand Sport LE

7. Moresi LE

2r4561.jpg

q4Wq5K.jpg

ZJ7CaV.jpg

JQ8hxZ.jpg

From left to right in first photo above are:

- Alfa Romeo Grand Sport LE

- Chatterley Pens Stantuffo Celluloid Classico Grande LE

- Chatterley Pens Stantuffo Star Collection Celestial Blue LE

- Chatterley Pens Gray Shadow Demonstrator LE

- Chatterley Pens MOMO Design 30th Anniversary LE

Company

Delta S.r.l. < http://www.deltapen.it/ > is one of the newer Italian pen companies, started in 1982. Delta is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.

There website has the slogan on it "International Style, Italian Details". Seems like a fitting slogan as you will see...

Bryant Greer, Pentime.com, also, produces custom LE pens in conjunction with various pen manufacturers, including Delta. You can check his website for further info and more pics...

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• sarahfar

• sansenri

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Chatterley Pens Delta Dolce Vita Stantuffo Star Collection Celestial Blue (23 pens total)

This pen is a collaboration between Delta and Chatterley pens. It is a large oversize chunky pen based upon the shape and design of the classic Dolce Vita piston pen. At first glance the resin appears to be a black or dark navy blue like color. However, when you hold pen you see that it is actually a mix of light and blue tones and has a beautiful shimmering quality and depth as the light catches the pen as you move it around.

There is a wide decorative cap band design of sterling silver that Delta uses on many of its pens along with a narrow smooth flush band next to it, a pocket clip with exposed ring, and a chamfered ring at the joint between the barrel and blind cap. An eight pointed star is on the end of the cap. All of the silver trim is rhodium plated (more costly than platinum) to minimize tarnishing.

There is a clear ink-vue window.

It has the smooth and very well built Delta piston filler with the ratcheting clutch mechanism that gives you audible clues (click sounds) that the piston is fully in the up position and no need to keep turning the knurled metal knob.

The nib is a large 14K gold single tone silver color nib.

Pen length capped is about 5.5" (14.1cm).

Pen barrel diameter at ink-vue window is about 9/16" (15mm).

SuEI2u.jpg

WHfavr.jpg

fd83uU.jpg

jVnzgz.jpg

Mur9SO.jpg

2. Chatterley Pens Classico Grande Celluloid LE (23 pens made)

This pen is collaboration between Chatterley pens and Delta. It is a large oversize chunky pen based upon the shape and design of the classic Dolce Vita piston pen.

The pen is a made of black celluloid, so it's warm to the touch.

Metal trims are rose gold vermeil (rose gold over silver). It has two wide decorative cap bands of the design that Delta uses on many of its pens, a pocket clip with exposed ring and little wheel at the end, a chamfered ring at the joint between the barrel and blind cap, a rose gold Delta logo insert at the end of the blind cap, and rose gold on the piston filler knob assembly.

It has the smooth and very well built Delta piston filler with the ratcheting clutch mechanism that gives you audible clues (click sounds) that the piston is fully in the up position and no need to keep turning the knurled metal knob.

To complement this oversize pen, it has a very large #8, 14K gold nib and an oversize ebonite fee to match.

Pen barrel diameter at ink-vue window is about 9/16" (15mm).

eXTvdl.jpg

qKFvjN.jpg

PmHSW2.jpg

eGrnlt.jpg

3. Chatterley Pens Dolce Vita Gray Shadow Demonstrator LE (48 pens total)

This pen is collaboration between Chatterley pens and Delta. It is a large oversize chunky pen based upon the shape and design of the classic Dolce Vita piston pen.

It is made from clear acrylic with sterling silver trim and then ruthenium (black) plated. The ruthenium plating is on all the trim and the piston filler as well. The internal section by the nib is a dark ebonite color to harmonize with the metal trim.

Like other demonstrator pens, it requires extra work to finish the inside of the acrylic as well as the outside in order to get the full transparent visual effect.

In terms of metal trims, it has two wide decorative cap bands, the band design that Delta uses on many of its pens, a pocket clip with exposed ring and little wheel near the end, a chamfered ring at the joint between the barrel and blind cap, and an eight sided star on the end of the cap.

To complement this oversize pen, it has a very large #8, 14K gold nib (ruthenium plated) and an oversize ebonite fee to match.

Pen barrel diameter is about 9/16" (15mm).

0K73xW.jpg

ifUgkT.jpg

4. Chatterley Pens MOMO Design 30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber Black Special Edition LE

(20 pens total)

This is a special edition of the MOMO Design 30th Anniversary pen. It is a large oversize chunky pen based upon the shape and design of the MOMO Design 30th Anniversary Carbon Fiber with Matte Gold trim Special LE piston pen. Chatterley pens changed the design to include a titanium nib and black celluloid instead of the orange resin of the Delta version.

The pen barrel and cap are made of black celluloid and carbon fiber.

Metal trims which are titanium and silver. It has a wide barrel band design that says "MOMO Design" on it, two narrow smooth flush bands next to the end of the blind cap and one at each end of the cap, a pocket clip with exposed ring, a banded cage with clear resin insert that acts like a nib-vue window in the cap, a triangular shape within a circle at end of cap, and a small hood over the end of the nib at the section.

The cap has the engraving "Anniversary Limited Edition" on it.

The nib is a large titanium 22 nib.

Pen length capped is about 5.625" (14.3cm).

ZjvY8C.jpg

o4byB7.jpg

JP308O.jpg

5. Chatterley Pens/Stantuffo II Celluloid Brown LE (25 pens total)

This large chunky pen has the same beautiful brown tone celluloid as the Delta Sevivon pen. There are little flecks of blues scattered throughout the brown tones that add lightness and depth to the coloration of the pen.

In terms of metal trims which are gold vermeil (gold over silver), it has a wide decorative cap band design that Delta uses on many of its pens along with a narrow smooth flush band next to it, a pocket clip with exposed ring, and a chamfered ring at the joint between the barrel and blind cap.

The nib is a large 18K gold two-tone nib.

Pen length capped is about 5.625" (14.3cm).

vsjuDo.jpg

Q6fWdy.jpg

QKVcd0.jpg

mYEine.jpg

4UVLzd.jpg

8T0YIu.jpg

6. Alfa Romeo Grand Sport LE (1750 pens total)

This is a large chunky oversize red pen with sterling silver trim and is a tribute to the Alfa Romeo 6 cyclinder 1750cc Grand Sport. Delta included some of the distinct features of the 6C Grand Sport into the design of this pen.

The pen's hand-turned Italian acrylic resin is Alfa Factory Red. The wide silver barrel ring replicates the Grand Sport's grille, and the silver end cap trim pays homage to the design of the car's spoked wheels and tire tread. The platinum plated silver pocket clip reflects the Grand Sport's red headlamp lenses with a ruby at the end.

The pen has a 18kt white gold nib.

Pen length capped is about 5.5" (14cm).

K3Zamo.jpg

35yHFp.jpg

oo3gda.jpg

llAZ03.jpg

hi Mark

Love your Delta collection. Nice pictures to go with these beauties. Especially the Star Collection Celestial Blue: the blue and silver make a nice combination.

Looking forward to the reviews.

hi Mark

Love your Delta collection. Nice pictures to go with these beauties. Especially the Star Collection Celestial Blue: the blue and silver make a nice combination.

Looking forward to the reviews.

Thanks for the good words....

I wish I could do a better job of capturing the way the Celestial Blue color really looks. It has a really gorgeous shimmering quality to it that I have not been able to capture in pics....

Will try to post some reviews with writing samples within the next week.....

This is the Delta / Chatterly Mocha Grande Oro......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0252.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0251.jpg

The nib on this is very nice and matte finish is great on this material.......

Thanks for adding your Delta, sarahfar!

Some more info on the Stantuffo Mocha Oro Rosso Grande Limited Edition pen....

It is a matte finished pen cut from the resin as the Delta Mapuche.

The trim is Sterling Silver and plated in Rose Gold.

It has an oversize #8 14kt gold nib.

Like the other Delta LE pens listed here, it has the Delta ratcheted piston filler system.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another Delta

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0267_zps64eb44cc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0268_zpsf64688c1.jpg

This is another of the Delta Chatterly Stantuffo Collection and is the the Rings Demo.... 6 ornate rings in all.

This particular pen is a LE 00/08.

The demonstrators which require a lot of finish work are complicated by the rings. It comes in 3 versions White on silver rings, Yellow Gold plated on silver,

and Rose Gold on silver which this is.

The pen has patented ratchet piston system and this is an excellent filler.

The pen is an oversized Delta Piston filler and very thick.

The nib is a number 8 oversized 14k Gold nib plated Rose Gold. It's not your run of the mill everyday demonstrator. There's a lot of visual interest to this pen.

Oh and its loaded with latest version of Omas Blue ink. The pen next to it is Visconti Istos Aracnis. For more info see the site of my enabler Bryant.....

Very nice pen, sarahfar...Thanks for adding this one....

Too bad we can't get a group pic of your Rings demo and my Gray Shadow demo pen together....they'd make a lovely couple... ;)

Meanwhile, will add my last Delta LE, the handsome Moresi here very soon, as I just got it back from nibmeister, pb2....

Yep I look forward to that pic too. I also like the Grey demonstrator and Bryant pitched me on that one a while back. I have another Delta Demo that I sent in and believe is likely in Italy. I really like the Rings, very very elegant. I was hesitant on the Visconti Istos, but my oh my if people like Vicsonti, this pen is a winner. I love my Carbon Dream and my Romanica. I love all the Ripples but this is a gorgeous pen. I was hesitant about the white, but when you see it in your hand, what a gorgeous pen and great value at what Bryant is selling them at.

7. Delta Moresi 2 LE (81 pens total)

This is the Delta Moresi 2 LE pen, which is number 7 in the list of pens in the first post above.

The Moresi pen is made of celluloid in a blue with gold tone flecks and silver trim. I think this is the same celluloid as in the Delta Venezia pen.

The nib is a 18K gold nib with silver tone (maybe rhodium?) plating. The nib is engraved with the number '2' inside a diamond inside a circle and the word 'Moresi'.

The pen has a lever filling system.

Overall length of pen capped is 5-1/4" (13.3cm).

Pen barrel diameter is about 1/2" (13mm) at the widest point.

The last photo includes a Montblanc Dumas pen as a visual size reference.

LXRXvz.jpg

yOCjwO.jpg

0ynUCi.jpg

ttU7YZ.jpg

yFpbbv.jpg

1lV0Xu.jpg

I think the celluloid used in the Moresi is the same as not only the Venezia, but also the several Visconti LE's including the Titanic.

Thanks for adding your Delta, sarahfar!

Some more info on the Stantuffo Mocha Oro Rosso Grande Limited Edition pen....

It is a matte finished pen cut from the resin as the Delta Mapuche.

The trim is Sterling Silver and plated in Rose Gold.

It has an oversize #8 14kt gold nib.

Like the other Delta LE pens listed here, it has the Delta ratcheted piston filler system.

The Chatterley Turchese Meraviglia is also very nice.

post-83563-0-93357900-1348109032.jpg

post-83563-0-93142200-1348109052.jpg

The Chatterley Turchese Meraviglia is also very nice.

Sure is, iveyman....

Can you please post about this pen per the format I've established above including a few larger pics?

That would be great!

• 1 month later...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0309.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0308.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0307.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/mikefarha/IMG_0310.jpg

The Delta Chatterly Orange Shadow Demonstrator LE.

- The pen is a full size thick Delta what I would call a flat top.....

- The color really isn't orange, its more of an amber or tortoise color and leaning more towards yellow

the furniture is all I believe 14K gold with Ruthenium plating giving it the stealth appearance.

- The pen features Bryant's neat double ring feature at the cap band.

- Size is the same as the Grey shadow and whatever Mark quoted 5.5 capped and the diameter is thick and nice in the hand.

- Nib size is a hefty 8 and the feed is a gorgeous hand cut low profile ebonite.

- The pen as the star cap in ruthenium plating.

- The pen features Delta's patented ratcheting piston filler.

All in all I love this pen and is another Bryant winner. He hit on the color in my view a light amber and the writing experience on this fine is typical of all his le's incredible....

Mark you have to get one.....

The Delta Chatterly Orange Shadow Demonstrator LE.

- The pen is a full size thick Delta what I would call a flat top.....

- The color really isn't orange, its more of an amber or tortoise color and leaning more towards yellow

the furniture is all I believe 14K gold with Ruthenium plating giving it the stealth appearance.

- The pen features Bryant's neat double ring feature at the cap band.

- Size is the same as the Grey shadow and whatever Mark quoted 5.5 capped and the diameter is thick and nice in the hand.

- Nib size is a hefty 8 and the feed is a gorgeous hand cut low profile ebonite.

- The pen as the star cap in ruthenium plating.

- The pen features Delta's patented ratcheting piston filler.

All in all I love this pen and is another Bryant winner. He hit on the color in my view a light amber and the writing experience on this fine is typical of all his le's incredible....

Mark you have to get one.....

Thanks for adding this fun looking pen......

I was very tempted as you can imagine when I noticed it a few days ago.....trying to resist....

:rolleyes: