• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• mhguda

• PolarMoonman

• tinta

Great idea! I didn't know you could do that!

One suggestion from a little testing is I think you should consider dropping the keywords "fountain pen".

Here's an example:

Site only

With Keywords and site

Note how "groomsman's gift recommendation" gets eliminated even though it's a valid return (I think(.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

Holy cow I never noticed that!

I have no idea how to edit the thing - I just copied and saved it a couple years ago when somebody else posted the link.

I have a TextExpander snippet (.sfpn) that autofills "site:fountainpennetwork.com " in my browser's Google search field; add the keyword you want to search for and Bob's yer uncle. That "site:..." limits search results to the FPN domain. Same difference as your link above.

I just search what I'm looking for on google and put FPN after it. So much more effective than the search function on FPN. This is pretty cool... thanks!

These are all great ways to expedite searching on FPN via Google since FPN's own search function leaves a bit to be desired. Gcouch's method seems the simplest.

Thank you all! :thumbup:

Holly

looks very good, thanks for the heads up

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 4 weeks later...

I find I'm using "[search term] site/fountainpennetwork.com" for my searches so I can search for 2 letter terms here

Jesse Aston - Bookbinder

"The lover of books hath chosen wise friends."

My blog about paper and books and stuff

Facebook Fan Page

Etsy Shop

http://astonhandmade.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/FPN_banner.png

Sorry Ravantra, the link you sent won't Bookmark on my system.

When I click on it, as found in your answer on this thread, I can use it "then" & only then.

If I try to bookmark this page & then try to recall it later, it will not be found in my Bookmark list.

Weird!

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• 2 months later...

watch_art and ravantra: these links no longer work on my system. It takes the search term and tries to load the page, and disappears in limbo... I've tried a number of different search terms. Same result. Is this something to do with my machine or are more people having this problem? It was VERY useful while it lasted...!

Edit: found the culprit, sorry... an adblocking applet was blocking one of the elements. I'll fix it and use this fantastic searcher again. Thanks! :notworthy1:

Edited by mhguda

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

For some strange reason, your link, that I could not for the life of me Bookmark for easy immediate use, actually settled in my Bookmark list.

I hope it stays there for a while.

Thanks for this helpful way of checking up on "what was...".

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• 2 weeks later...

I will give it a try.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

another alternative, inside the google search bar type in"

site:fountainpennetwork.com your query

eg:

site:fountainpennetwork.com lamy safari

:vbg:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear all this. I gave up and started using google, but wasn't going to say anything--I just thought I didn't understand how to use the FPN search. I feel better, now :headsmack:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone has a problem with Google search results returning a page saying, "www.fountainpennetwork.com Driver Error" and "There appears to be an error with the database." ?

I seem to be getting this pretty often with my computer, but going this on my mobile doesn't result in any problems.

Does anyone has a problem with Google search results returning a page saying, "www.fountainpennetwork.com Driver Error" and "There appears to be an error with the database." ?

I seem to be getting this pretty often with my computer, but going this on my mobile doesn't result in any problems.

I have the same problem (sometimes) on my iPad... :crybaby:

fpn_1360247598__fpnerror.jpg

Edit: added (sometimes) and error message.

Edited by carlos.q