Paul Raposo

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 23:59

Hey all.

Hoping to get some info on market value for a chrome Noblesse Oblige, with 14k medium nib:

MONT BLANC NOBLESSE 14K NIB,FOUNTAIN PEN,VERY RARE '80S COLECT

The $300 price seems a tad high for this pen. I haven't been able to find any completed auction on the 'bay, so I'm not sure what a fair offer would be for this. The seller has had the pen listed several times which tells me they may be stuck on their price.

Any advice, or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
--William Makepeace Thackeray

Visit my blog to see the pens I have for sale

Paul's Pens

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,976 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:45

Very, very rare, maybe the only Noblesse Oblige like that in the whole world. BUT...there are lots of Montblanc Noblese Slimlines jess like it.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#3 Paul Raposo

Paul Raposo

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 2,202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:47

Very, very rare, maybe the only Noblesse Oblige like that in the whole world. BUT...there are lots of Montblanc Noblese Slimlines jess like it.

I see what you did there :clap1: That will teach me to do more research before posting a question.
There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
--William Makepeace Thackeray

Visit my blog to see the pens I have for sale

Paul's Pens

#4 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:26

Huh? I thought it was a Noblesse Oblige. (gee, and here I was hoping that mine was worth $300)
--
Glenn (I have a "pen" circle on G+)

#5 CS388

CS388

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 13:49

"Once it's gone, it's gone" apparently? (Couldn't that be said of...anything?)

I love the simple, plain, fat nibs on this line of Montblancs.
Not got one, but do fancy getting one, if funds allow.
Not keen on the cartridge idea, but was wondering if one would convert to an eyedropper?

See the Noblesses and Slimlines on ebay UK often, going for well under £100 in the auction format. Especially nice ones (eg Gold body, white body etc etc) may go for more of a premium, but I'd think $300 is way over the odds for this one.

As ever, just my opinion.

Good luck!

#6 JLS1

JLS1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 14:22

I have one of these pens - they're REALLY great writers and can be pretty good value for MB. I got mine for < C$100 on eBay (it was engraved), so I also think that $300 is too high; I'd say that C$100-150 is probably more realistic. (Heck, you can get a decent used 146 from the FPN classified for less than $300!)

#7 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2012 - 19:15

The older (non screw-in) MB converter fits the Noblesse Oblige so you can switch to that instead of cartridges.
--
Glenn (I have a "pen" circle on G+)