The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine Meadow Vs Diamine Apple Glory

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:11

As with most Diamine inks, both flow and behave well. As you can see, Meadow has more yellow undertones whilst Apple Glory has blue undertones.

Greens.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 fuchsiaprincess

fuchsiaprincess

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:59

Thank you very much! What scanner did you use? I have had difficulty showing the difference between the two greens. You have done a great job. Also, may I please ask which brown did you use? It is a lovely brown!

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 fuchsiaprincess

fuchsiaprincess

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 6,148 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:59

PS - you have beautiful hand-writing :thumbup:

#4 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:14

Thank you very much! What scanner did you use? I have had difficulty showing the difference between the two greens. You have done a great job. Also, may I please ask which brown did you use? It is a lovely brown!

Thank you Fuchsiaprincess! I used a Kodak ESP 3250 all in one printer, scanner and copier. I was quite surprised that it managed to pick up the difference and quite pleased with the scan. I used Diamine Macassar in a Lamy Al Star with a fine nib :)

Thank you so much! That is such a compliment coming from you, as I love your penmanship! :blush:

#5 goldiesdad

goldiesdad

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:26

Thanks for the brief review ...

#6 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• 5,389 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:30

Excellent review Vistafan!
Early on the Apple Green was suggested for the 2012 green Safari. Then Meadow appeared!
It's a very friendly vibrant green.

More green, pea green with envy at your beautiful handwriting.

More reviews - please.

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#7 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37

Thanks for the brief review ...

No problem, at all :)

Excellent review Vistafan! Early on the Apple Green was suggested for the 2012 green Safari. Then Meadow appeared! It's a very friendly vibrant green.More green, pea green with envy at your beautiful handwriting.More reviews - please.

Thank you pen2paper! I think the Apple Glory does match the 2012 Safari well but I prefer Meadow's yellow undertones :) Thank you for the nice comments about my handwriting! :) I hope to post some more comparisons soon.

#8 fuchsiaprincess

fuchsiaprincess

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 6,148 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:15

Thank you Fuchsiaprincess! I used a Kodak ESP 3250 all in one printer, scanner and copier. I was quite surprised that it managed to pick up the difference and quite pleased with the scan. I used Diamine Macassar in a Lamy Al Star with a fine nib :)

Thank you so much! That is such a compliment coming from you, as I love your penmanship! :blush:

#9 Flake

Flake

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:03

Beautiful review. I have meadow and kelly green, I was wondering how apple green would compare.

#10 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:42

Beautiful review. I have meadow and kelly green, I was wondering how apple green would compare.

Thanks Flake. I hope you find this review useful in gauging the difference between Meadow and Apple Glory.

#11 teacake

teacake

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:50

Apple glory is such a lovely shade, Meadow is a little too bright for me, thanks so much for the review!
did the moment pass you by?

#12 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 16:00

No problem at all :)

Apple glory is such a lovely shade, Meadow is a little too bright for me, thanks so much for the review!

Apple glory is more subdued than Meadow, but I love the yellow undertones of the latter :)

#13 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 14:36

Updated to add some photographs! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by vistafan, 02 September 2012 - 14:37.

Sponsored Content

|