12 replies to this topic

#1 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:11

As with most Diamine inks, both flow and behave well. As you can see, Meadow has more yellow undertones whilst Apple Glory has blue undertones.

Greens.jpg

#2 fuchsiaprincess

fuchsiaprincess

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:59

Thank you very much! What scanner did you use? I have had difficulty showing the difference between the two greens. You have done a great job. Also, may I please ask which brown did you use? It is a lovely brown!

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 fuchsiaprincess

fuchsiaprincess

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:59

PS - you have beautiful hand-writing :thumbup:

#4 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:14

Thank you very much! What scanner did you use? I have had difficulty showing the difference between the two greens. You have done a great job. Also, may I please ask which brown did you use? It is a lovely brown!

Thank you Fuchsiaprincess! I used a Kodak ESP 3250 all in one printer, scanner and copier. I was quite surprised that it managed to pick up the difference and quite pleased with the scan. I used Diamine Macassar in a Lamy Al Star with a fine nib :)

Thank you so much! That is such a compliment coming from you, as I love your penmanship! :blush:

#5 goldiesdad

goldiesdad

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:26

Thanks for the brief review ...

#6 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:30

Excellent review Vistafan!
Early on the Apple Green was suggested for the 2012 green Safari. Then Meadow appeared!
It's a very friendly vibrant green.

More green, pea green with envy at your beautiful handwriting.

More reviews - please.

Posted Image~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#7 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37

Thanks for the brief review ...

No problem, at all :)

Excellent review Vistafan! Early on the Apple Green was suggested for the 2012 green Safari. Then Meadow appeared! It's a very friendly vibrant green.More green, pea green with envy at your beautiful handwriting.More reviews - please.

Thank you pen2paper! I think the Apple Glory does match the 2012 Safari well but I prefer Meadow's yellow undertones :) Thank you for the nice comments about my handwriting! :) I hope to post some more comparisons soon.

#8 fuchsiaprincess

fuchsiaprincess

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• 5,877 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:15

Thank you Fuchsiaprincess! I used a Kodak ESP 3250 all in one printer, scanner and copier. I was quite surprised that it managed to pick up the difference and quite pleased with the scan. I used Diamine Macassar in a Lamy Al Star with a fine nib :)

Thank you so much! That is such a compliment coming from you, as I love your penmanship! :blush:

#9 Flake

Flake

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:03

Beautiful review. I have meadow and kelly green, I was wondering how apple green would compare.

#10 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:42

Beautiful review. I have meadow and kelly green, I was wondering how apple green would compare.

Thanks Flake. I hope you find this review useful in gauging the difference between Meadow and Apple Glory.

#11 teacake

teacake

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:50

Apple glory is such a lovely shade, Meadow is a little too bright for me, thanks so much for the review!
did the moment pass you by?

#12 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 16:00

No problem at all :)

Apple glory is such a lovely shade, Meadow is a little too bright for me, thanks so much for the review!

Apple glory is more subdued than Meadow, but I love the yellow undertones of the latter :)

#13 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 14:36

Updated to add some photographs! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by vistafan, 02 September 2012 - 14:37.