The Esterbrook Forum Estie Loaner Program

OcalaFlGuy

I think there is no demand for the 9284, so I will withdraw that nib. Love it too much anyway to part with it for 2 weeks. The 2284-B is wetter.

Edited for detail after re-examining my junktiques.

That's been a BIG unexpected surprise to me. :blink:

I think the 9284 is even a More Fun, More usable Fun nib than the Flexies (which of course, I KNEW would get a lot of attention).

If I go to the Atlanta pen show as I often do next year, maybe I'll see if Pendleton will donate a 9668 CI grind to a Loaner pen.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Bruce, I'm hoping you meant this year's show! I must confess that I've been looking forward to the chance to meet people like you and Pendleton there this year. Although I will probably get a chancd to meet him before that at a Pen Posse meeting, I hope.

Also, since I'm just a day or so away from qualifying on my 30th day, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for when the Estie with the 9788 nib is available again. I think that one is GClef's, right? I hope there isn't a waiting list too long for it! That's the nib I've had my eyes on since I got my first (and so far only) Estie. Having the chance to "try before I buy" will really help me out!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• alc3261

• dcpritch

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, Pensandink, your Loaner person has so graciously offered to waive the usual reimbursement of the postage to you since she is only sending it within the UK (and she's a very giving lady). :clap1:

Instead maybe spend the time and pen her a nice thank you note while testing the pen.

As a matter of fact, write and show Us Here with it when you get it! :thumbup:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

That is extremely kind. I will definitely post a note here for all to see.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

Just to let you know that my pen has arrived and looks great. Looking forward to inking it up.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

I'm not sure how posts are counted ... am I possibly up for trying this Estie?

(I've got an eBay J on the way, but not with this fine nib.)

N.

Noel249 If you will contact GClef his Green J w/9788 is back with him and ready to go back out.

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: To BOTH GClef and Hex with their Flexie nibbed pens, they can barely get them home before they're ready to go walkabout again.! :clap1:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Noel249 If you will contact GClef his Green J w/9788 is back with him and ready to go back out.

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: To BOTH GClef and Hex with their Flexie nibbed pens, they can barely get them home before they're ready to go walkabout again.! :clap1:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Hi Bruce,

I'm the borrower who just returned the Green J w/9788 to GClef. Hope I didn't omit a step by not letting folks on this post know that I had it.

It's not just a gorgeous pen, it's wonderful to write with (grammar gaffs aside ...).

Thanks for remembering.

Noel

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." – Mark Twain

If it's available, I would love to get a chance with it! Should I pm GClef or is there a protocol I should be following?

Oh dear... Having gotten my first Estie, which I *think* is a Deluxe, am I ineligible to try a J, preferably with a stub nib?

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

If it's available, I would love to get a chance with it! Should I pm GClef or is there a protocol I should be following?

Harlequin if you haven't already heard from GClef ring him up via PM.

Oh dear... Having gotten my first Estie, which I *think* is a Deluxe, am I ineligible to try a J, preferably with a stub nib?

Just because you have one or a couple Esties doesn't mean there isn't another member of the family you don't have that you'd like to try. We're down to just one Stub nib a 2284 but it can also come in a J pen for you, stay tuned to hear from it's owner.

Please both Harlequin and zoniguana please be sure and read the first post of this thread to be sure you are aware how the Loaner Program works. Thanks,

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Just because you have one or a couple Esties doesn't mean there isn't another member of the family you don't have that you'd like to try. We're down to just one Stub nib a 2284 but it can also come in a J pen for you, stay tuned to hear from it's owner.

Please both Harlequin and zoniguana please be sure and read the first post of this thread to be sure you are aware how the Loaner Program works. Thanks,

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I have a couple of the 2284 stub. I just tried it out, and I believe you will like it. Oh, yeah, broad with line variation.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

PM sent re broad stub. I think I figured out the right recipient.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Just to update Pensandinks has got my J and Renfield is going to borrow the SJ, so both my loaners currently out on loan.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Esterbrook Loaners Available as of 1/7/13

Blue SJ, Medium 2668 nib

Green SJ, Medium 2668 nib

Blue LJ, 9556 F or 9550 XF nib (Borrower to specify which nib)

Blue SJ, 1550 XF, 2556 F, 2284 S (Borrower to specify which nib)

Copper J, 2556 F nib and a 2668 M

Copper J, 9556 F or 9668 M or 9048 whichever the Borrower desires

Green J, 9788 M **On Loan**

Red J, 2668

Turquoise M2, Red SJ, Green SJ, Blue J, Gray Deluxe, or light blue purse pen

(Borrower to select nib from; 2668 M, 2556 F, 2460 M, 1551 M, 9450 F, 9460 M, 2314-B, 9314-F, 9550 F, 9556 F, 2284 B stub

Pens residing overseas for in country loan only; Postage for these pens may be

noticeably lower than pens sent from the U.S.A.

Australia-Silver SJ, with either a 1551 M or 2668 M

The United Kingdom-Green J 2556 *On Loan*, Copper SJ 2668 *On Loan* (Either can come with a 1555 or 2314 B too) NO LOANER POSTAGE FEE on these two UK only pens!

Curacao Only-Silver J, 2668

The subject of a few Estie Borrowers not fulfilling their part of the postal reimbursement has been discussed among the Estie Loaner Outters. They are those most immediately impacted.

As a result, there is a Pending change to at least the order of how things happen in the Loaner Program.

The change is simply that the Borrower will Paypal Gift the agreed on postage to them to their Lender Outter, either $3.00 or the amount they agree to with the Lender Outter, BEFORE the Estie is placed into the mail to the Borrower.

This eliminates the After borrowing postage issue thusly solving it.

This change Will Remain *A Pending Change* to the point at which Another Borrow than the ones currently known of, fails to keep their end of the Loan Out agreement up. At that point it changes from Pending to In force.

The decision of when or if that ever occurs lies solely in the hands of those borrowing the Esties.

I would also like to personally thank the Loaner Outters, Borrowers and all members and visitors to the Esterbrook forum for their efforts and contributions in having made the first 6 months of the Estie Loaner Program such a success. :thumbup:

Bruce in Ocala, FL and The Esterbrook Forum

Looking to try a stub.. preferably the j ( that's the larger one right?)

Not sure what is all out there. Main thing is the stub if a j isn't available

I have dispatched the blue J pen with the 2284 stub to zoniguana.

For info, the 9314-F and 2314-B are Relief stubs. They are stubs cut at a small angle, making them oblique. They are easy for most people to write with.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Bruce for his work in making this program happen. He has helped some members to try out pens and nibs so they don't waste money if they don't feel fulfilled by a pen or nib, and he has helped the loaners to help fellow members. It makes us all feel better. Kudos to Bruce!

Edited by pajaro

For info, the 9314-F and 2314-B are Relief stubs. They are stubs cut at a small angle, making them oblique. They are easy for most people to write with.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Bruce for his work in making this program happen. He has helped some members to try out pens and nibs so they don't waste money if they don't feel fulfilled by a pen or nib, and he has helped the loaners to help fellow members. It makes us all feel better. Kudos to Bruce!

+ :thumbup::notworthy1::bunny01: on the kudos...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

+ :thumbup::notworthy1::bunny01: on the kudos...

+10 on this.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Thank you but IMO, the Loaner Outters and a couple more who have contributed in other ways with pens, nibs, etc; make the Loaner Program the success I think it is. :clap1:

In fact, I think one of the surest signs of it's success is that there are now Loaner Outters who first tried an Estie as a Borrower, that's GREAT!

Eugene, it's up to you.

If you want to try an Oblique say which one and we'll see what there's in a J. (I myself don't do so well with the Obliques.)

There is one more 2284 Stub but it is in an SJ and will feel Much smaller in hand than a J.

Or, you can be next in line for the J with the 2284 that just went out on loan.

Your call. :thumbup:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I would love to try the 9314 f if that is possible. By the way thank you all so much the generosity in those forum is astounding.