Good Ebay Sellers I Have Used

The Good Captain

This thread is nice to see. Often the large online vendors get well-deserved recognition, but you don't hear much about the smaller, less well-known pen sellers that are also great to deal with.

Edited by kpyeoman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• betweenthelens

• The Good Captain

• Marlow

• Christopher Godfrey

Although it took a long time to arrive, I am <very> happy with the NOS 1930s Kaweco I bought from uberpens, who are in Macedonia (squeezed in there between Albania and Bulgaria). Judging from her messages on ebay, she is a charming woman and much more informative than 99% of sellers in the descriptions of the pens she offers (mainly German).

End of unabashed plug!

agreed with several of the names already mentioned... and for anyone interested in acquiring an esterbrook, I also wanted to add "oldretiredperson" ; does a really great job refurbishing the pens and my experience has been that they always come ready to be inked!

I've made multiple purchases from him and so far have had a really positive set of experiences!

On a never ending quest for the 'perfect' pen, ink, paper combo... Then again where would the fun be in finding perfection!!

"Old Retired Person" is one of the best on ebay. Have probably purchased about five Esterbrooks from him.

Love all of them ! I think he truly loves what he does.

I had more email contact yesterday with UberPens of Macedonia: it is, I now understand, one Dragan whose busijness it is -- he is an engineer from Bulgaria, living in Macedonia, and Natasha is his girlfriend, whose address was on the package. He does this through love and sounds very nice and sincere in electronic conversation! What a difference good photos make on an ebay posting, don't they?

I just had an extremely positive experience with Kendo-Karate, who I purchased my Platinum SF from.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

pentime and chatterley pens on Ebay, great seller (Bryant@pentime.com) cares about his customers

Zak Shaffer

www.pentime.com

Ones I have used but not seen mentioned:

Peyton St. Pens (terim) if I have not seen her mentioned

netsellsit

l.v.vandyke (Sheaffers mostly)

jckauffman

levenger_outlet

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/carrieh/l.png

I purchased from

fine-and-precious out of Germany for MB's

wkiffin from Canada for pen cases

Is there a guide to buying used fountain pens? For price and quality? So far I have been looking on ebay and reading reviews and then searching for other prices elsewhere.

These are always on my 'saved seller' list -

engeika

operadoc

pilotfish pens

speerbob

pensellerfromfrance

streetfair

Lorna,

You may want to re-think engeika. Reviews of late on his service hasn't been so good! I've bought from him in the past with nary a hitch, but recent performance says otherwise!

Fair winds and following seas.

Well, there's a thread going about engeika right now, so maybe look there to understand the types of things that people are complaining about. I'm keeping him on my list -- nearly 40 transactions and never a problem. But my standards may not be quite as high as some...

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say enough good things about seller ragimundi1958.

I first contacted him about buying a pen he occasionally stocked, and he gave me three options before listing the color I wanted (white).

Then, when I was unlucky enough to lose the original auction (due to inattention on my part), he made me a second chance offer with an extra one of the same pen, for the same price as my losing bid.

This was after I bid on my backup choice (in black) and won that auction. I bid higher on the black than the white pen, but he still offered to cancel that transaction (and the chance to earn more $) so I could get my pen in my preferred color.

A really friendly guy, to be sure. If he sells any more pens that strike my fancy, I won't hesitate to buy from him again. =D

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I can unhesitatingly recommend 'terim' (aka Peyton Street Pens): I've bought several pens from her, and they have all been outstanding. Friendly service, reasonable shipping, and good quality. I tend to wait for her to have something I want, because I know it will be good. My most-trusted source.

For Chinese pens, etc., 'jewelrymathematics' is top-shelf. A wide selection of Chinese brands, mostly free and fast shipping, never disappoints. Also, 'pokydady' is very good.

For German stuff, 'gidania' , 'schreiber-hansel' and 'seitz-kreuznach' are all excellent.

ETA: Oh, and if you want cheap ink syringes, 'simoncowell8' is your man.

Edited by wastelanded
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

• 4 weeks later...

Once again, I would like to commend SpeerBob for an outstanding transaction--on ebay this time. I'd bought a Stipula Gladiator from him through FPN classifieds last month and just purchased a Delta Mask from him through ebay this week. Not only was SpeerBob quick with communicating and leaving me positive feedback but he was quick with shipping, too. He's a dependable, reputable seller on FPN and on ebay. Thanks, SpeerBob!

Not on ebay but on here in the classifieds, adam11 is a superb seller, trustworthy and kind! Thank you for the beautiful Reform 1745! It arrived intact and I cannot wait to ink it up. Thank you for providing a great pen at a great price. Thank you also for the personalized service- sending me a photo of the shipping receipt. I would not hesitate to buy from adam11 again!

Vanness Pens in the FPN classifieds- professional and personalized service that goes the extra mile to make certain their customers are satisfied. Can't get much better than this. Thank you, Lisa and Mike!

speerbob, again. A pleasure to do business with. Every time.

redripple52 posts regularly on FPN and sells in the marketplace. She sells a lot through her own website but still sells occasionally on eBay. I blame Deb for my addiction to Parker Victory Mk I pens.

I have purchased Esties and Estie nibs from sandy101rock and been delighted with the pens and the seller.

paulwirt sells very nicely restored pens, some of them rare and/or unusual. Some day I hope to buy a nice (what else) Wirt dropper filler from him.

mrmacg8xq0 sold me my very first vintage pen more than a decade ago and I still track his listings. He also restores vintage pencils.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I've dealt with a number of eBay sellers without any real problems, but I have to say that it's when things don't go according to plan that a good seller really distinguishes him- or herself.

This was my introduction to Peyton Street Pens. Things did not go well from the start when I placed my order. It was all my fault, my carelessness in how I did my end of the transaction. Teri, of course, immediately took it on herself to fix my self-induced mistakes and all ended happily. That is what generates return business (soon, I hope) and this type of public feedback.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I agree wholeheartedly concerning Teri of Peyton Street Pens in Santa Cruz, CA -- she's a star!

I believe there was talk earlier about Engeiko (spelling?) of Tokyo and I have some news to add on that score: some months ago I bought from him, on ebay, a one-off, hand-made Wancher with titanium nib (I have written about this already); but the blasted thing never wrote (ink-feed problem?) and neither was there any flex whatsoever in that nib -- that had been described as "very flexible". Blow me down: I wrote him a message on ebay and he has responded, saying "Send it back: I'll replace with a Platinum..." -- the pen is on its way back to him. It promises well (thus far)...