• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shawndo

• amberleadavis

• Uncle Red

• Tessy Moon

Amazing! A quick count and assuming that they are all 2ml samples, you have almost a half-liter of ink there.

Have mucho fun!

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

And I thought I was a little wacky as I accumulated around forty blue samples looking for just the right one! Well OK, I am a little wacky but still, I'm feeling positively normal now :wacko:

I'm looking for a super vibrant darker almost blue-black. Although, i am just going to go through all of these and see what wow's me.

Just tried the Asa-gao and am pretty wow'd already, but that's just my first baggy of samples!

Okay. For those of you who need some entertainment this weekend and don't have as many samples, your challenge is o figure out what inks shawndo already had. :hmm1:

I have to say that I noticed instantly that shawndo's list is missing my favourite purple - Noodler's La Reine Mauve. Ooh, and D'Atramentis Plum (although that one is more of a blue-green). Shawndo, are those ones that you already have? If not, I think you should probably start ordering a new batch of samples, pronto! Your quest for the perfect blue / purple surely cannot be complete! ;)

It's quite nice out here in the sunshine...

Part of me is jealous and part of me wouldn't know how to begin with all that - I only have a modest collection of pens, so working through that many different inks would be a herculean task.

P.S. please no one paint your garage in BSB, I'm fairly confident it would cause a hole in the atmosphere ...

Noodlers LRM is one of the inks I already had! Good one.

- La Reine Muave

- Polar Blue

- Black

- Manhattan Blue

- Kung Te-cheng

I think i've mentioned them in previous posts.

I wouldn't have even dreamt of attempting this before I heard about the glass dip pen. I went through the first 7-ink package in less than an hour with a bowl of water and a couple paper towels.

http://www.shawndo.com/images/content/forum_stuff/ink-sample2.jpg

Don't forget to put them out in the sun and see how they hold up. Also, expose 'em to to some water.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Now I'm not trying to be snide or crass (I think) but to save time and typing, why don't you just make a list of what you don't have?

Wrack!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Noodlers LRM is one of the inks I already had! Good one. - La Reine Muave- Polar Blue- Black- Manhattan Blue- Kung Te-chengI think i've mentioned them in previous posts.I wouldn't have even dreamt of attempting this before I heard about the glass dip pen. I went through the first 7-ink package in less than an hour with a bowl of water and a couple paper towels. http://www.shawndo.com/images/content/forum_stuff/ink-sample2.jpg

That's what I was looking for, thank you.

Man you are crazy! A good crazy mind you, but crazy!

Have fun!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I'm looking for a super vibrant darker almost blue-black. Although, i am just going to go through all of these and see what wow's me.

Just tried the Asa-gao and am pretty wow'd already, but that's just my first baggy of samples!

Given that, do yourself a favor and check out Visconti Blue. And yep, asa gao is pretty terrific.

Went through 47 today in just a couple hours. I dab the glass pen to take out most of the initial heaviness, although some lines were still pretty heave. I just keep writing till it runs out and that gives me a good impression of the ink. I stopped and compared it to a normal FP every now and then to make sure it was still consistent. I should be able to get through these in just a few more days

Asa-gao is still the favorite. And puzzled why DeAtramentis "Lavender Blue" is a purple and "Lavender" is a blue...

http://www.shawndo.com/images/content/forum_stuff/ink-sample3.jpg

Edited by shawndo

My beloved ex hubby says we need to have this in a database. :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wow, that's a lot of color. It's nice to see them in the same light and as one picture/scan.

ill definitely post color profiled photos of each page when im done. but i'm only doing these lines. I'm not really doing the full water/drying/etc tests. At least not on all of them.