#31 markos741

markos741

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:13

Congrats for your collection! Very nice.

I own a Marlborough Vintage too, which has become one of my favourite pens. I really love that pen. I also own a Chartwell that you might want to try out. Very nice pen also.

Somehow I thought I would use the Chartwell more than the Marlborough, but at the end, I've put the Chartwell's italic 1.1 on the Marlborough, and now I use this one more, almost daily. I have reviewed both of them, if you want to check out my reviews.

My Marlborough is the black ebonite lever filler. What's yours? I would love the eyedropper's capacity, but the lever is awesome, so I'm not complaining :)
- Markos

#32 Regulateur

Regulateur

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2012 - 00:58

This is a superb collection. Congrats!

What ink are you using with your EF nib? I use Mont Blanc Irish Green ink in my Wellington and I find it too wet for my taste.
Cheers,
Pierre

#33 MikeW

MikeW

Been here a long time!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:35

This is a superb collection. Congrats!

What ink are you using with your EF nib? I use Mont Blanc Irish Green ink in my Wellington and I find it too wet for my taste.

Thanks. I actually don't write with the EF - I would actually like to sell both 58s that I have because they are too small for me. I should note that when dipping the EF, it wrote a line that seemed no different than the F. Perhaps it was the fact that I dipped the pens vs. writing isthmus the ink supplied by a converter.

MikeW

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

#34 MikeW

MikeW

Been here a long time!

• Member - Gold

• 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:39

Congrats for your collection! Very nice.

I own a Marlborough Vintage too, which has become one of my favourite pens. I really love that pen. I also own a Chartwell that you might want to try out. Very nice pen also.

Somehow I thought I would use the Chartwell more than the Marlborough, but at the end, I've put the Chartwell's italic 1.1 on the Marlborough, and now I use this one more, almost daily. I have reviewed both of them, if you want to check out my reviews.

My Marlborough is the black ebonite lever filler. What's yours? I would love the eyedropper's capacity, but the lever is awesome, so I'm not complaining :)

Sorry for my delay on responding to your comments. My Marlborough is the black ebonite filler as well. I considered the other filling options but decided that the black ebonite model needed a lever to complete the vintage look that his model deserved.

MikeW

MikeW

#35 MikeW

MikeW

Been here a long time!

• Member - Gold

• 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:41

Congratulation, Mike, to this impressive collection.
I just started with CS pens and I am happy with mine, all IM and IB nibs. Nice pens, perfect writers....
Cheers,
Volker

Thanks. I agree with you about the italic nibs - any CS pen that I order now will have an IM or IB nib.

MikeW

MikeW

#36 dannyboy

dannyboy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:51

Very, very nice collection you've shown us in great photos! That CS 100 in Bronze is a real beauty!

#37 goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:50

Hello MikeW,

Thanks for sharing this lovely collection. I think the Winston should be added to your collection.
I'll order a Winston myself tomorrow.

With love,

goldenkrishna
Ik tik

#38 MikeW

MikeW

Been here a long time!

• Member - Gold

• 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:06

Thank you!

In fact, a Winston Chartwell is on its way to me from Bryant!!

Cheers!
MikeW

MikeW

#39 goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:17

Thank you!

In fact, a Winston Chartwell is on its way to me from Bryant!!

Cheers!
MikeW

Congratulations MikeW, but what is a Winston Chartwell?

With love,

goldenkrishna
Ik tik

#40 mallymal1

mallymal1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,082 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 20:29

Excellent thread Mike...some great info on the moderns, and what a wonderful collection. A real treasure trove. :thumbup:

#41 goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:58

Hello MikeW,

I have looked on the CS website and found the Chartwell Oversize Special LE. It's not a Winston though.

With love,

goldenkrishna
Ik tik

#42 MikeW

MikeW

Been here a long time!

• Member - Gold

• 1,248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:46

Hello MikeW,

I have looked on the CS website and found the Chartwell Oversize Special LE. It's not a Winston though.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Hi,
I am not sure where you obtained your information; however, if you look here on the CS website, it states, "The latest oversized fountain pen from Conway Stewart is the Chartwell, an imposing rendition based on our classic Winston model." (emphasis added)
Cheers!
MikeW

MikeW

#43 goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

goldenkrishna

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 21:04

Hello MikeW,

With love,

goldenkrishna

Hi,
I am not sure where you obtained your information; however, if you look here on the CS website, it states, "The latest oversized fountain pen from Conway Stewart is the Chartwell, an imposing rendition based on our classic Winston model." (emphasis added)
Cheers!
MikeW

Hello MikeW,

I looked at CS' website and you are absolutely right. The Chartwell has the same dimensions as the Winston and it is supplied with a cartridge filler system.
Previously I was looking at the website of Onoto and they have the 'Sir Winston Chartwell LE' (hallmark silver) in their portfolio. For a moment I thought: this is perhaps the FP that MikeW has in mind.

I like this Onoto SWC. Do you know anything about Onoto FPs, are they comparable to Conway Stewart FPs?

With love,

goldenkrishna

Edited by goldenkrishna, 05 December 2012 - 15:10.

Ik tik

#44 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 00:56

Hello MikeW,

With love,

goldenkrishna

Hi,
Cheers!
MikeW

Hello MikeW,

I looked at CS' website and your bloody right. The Chartwell has the same dimensions as the Winston and it is supplied with a cartridge filler system.
Previously I was looking at the website of Onoto and they have the 'Sir Winston Chartwell LE' (hallmark silver) in their portfolio. For a moment I thought: this is perhaps the FP that MikeW has in mind.

I like this Onoto SWC. Do you know anything about Onoto FPs, are they comparable to Conway Stewart FPs?

With love,

goldenkrishna

Onoto lacks the design, the lovely colors that CS has, but they are extremely good FPs. Very good nibs, with an option (at a price) for special nibs at your specification (italics and such). I love mine...

D.ick

The FPN-Stipula LE 2011 and 2012, too .:

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#45 Postscript

Postscript

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:34

But Onoto has an heritage and brand DNA that makes it very special. As well as a strong focus on quality in its simplest and most elegant form. For me, I like collecting both Onoto and CS moderns, thanks

Post Script