My Collection Of Modern Cs Fountain Pens

MikeW

Well, here are a couple of moderate-quality pictures displaying my collection of modern CS fountain pens, save and except for my Raleigh and Drake fountain pens. Those are not insignificant omissions but I don't have the time to retake the photos.

Here is group #1:

post-855-0-98903100-1341256234.jpg

The pens are, from left to right, in this group - 58 in Woodland Green, 58 in Creme de Menthe casein, Dandy in Amber, Belliver in Pistachio, Garner 100 in Patriot Stripe, 100 in Bronze (tiger eye), Marlborough in Black ebonite, and Levenger Duro in red, white and blue casein.

Here is group #2:

post-855-0-90508800-1341256224.jpg

The pens are, from left to right, in this group - Duro in Woodgrain ebonite, Duro in Dartmoor, Wellington in Classic Green, Duro Heritage, Levenger Duro in Green Whirl, Nelson in Crimson Whirl, Churchill in Lapis (my very first CS pen!!), Churchill from "The Ebonite Collection" and finally, the CS 37 created for Andy's Pens.

I will try to take some pics of my vintage collection but that might take a bit longer ...

Cheers!

MikeW

Edited by MikeW

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeW

• goldenkrishna

• Rufus

• penpointer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those are some lovely pictures and pens! I really like the Garner 100 in the first picture :thumbup:

The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.

Montblanc|Pelikan|Geha|Senator|Sailor|Pilot

+1

A wonderful assortment of colourful pens! I'm so bored of the generic black/metal look and CS appears to remedy that quite well indeed!

I especially like the Amber Dandy (and the crimson and greens whirls for that matter - the green whirl really looks like it's popping out at you!).

Tell me, how does your Marlborough compare to your other pens? (new and vintage, if you'd like)

How are you liking it?

Wonderful collection!

-=-=-=-=

EDIT:

I just noticed a distinct nebulous lacking.

No love for Nebula?

Edited by Silent Speaker

+1

A wonderful assortment of colourful pens! I'm so bored of the generic black/metal look and CS appears to remedy that quite well indeed!

I especially like the Amber Dandy (and the crimson and greens whirls for that matter - the green whirl really looks like it's popping out at you!).

Tell me, how does your Marlborough compare to your other pens? (new and vintage, if you'd like)

How are you liking it?

Wonderful collection!

-=-=-=-=

EDIT:

I just noticed a distinct nebulous lacking.

No love for Nebula?

The Marlborough not only looks terrific but writes just as well with a juicy IB nib!

Sorry, no love from me for Nebula - not sure why but just doesn't do anything for me.

Cheers!

MikeW

MikeW

What nibs?

I have a complete selection of nibs from EF - B, with most being italics, primarily IM. I have terrific IB nibs on the ebonite Churchill and the Marlborough as I like to use them as signature pens. I really like the italics from CS.

Cheers!

MikeW

MikeW

Great collection -do you use them all?

Thank you and that is a great question! I have written with all of them save and except for a handful of them. Part of that handful includes the two 58s which I have only inked. I just find them to be too small for my hand and to be honest, I would gladly sell them for a fair price if the opportunity arose. The rest of the handful will be written with very soon!

Cheers!

MikeW

MikeW

Great collection of pens Mike! I think of the ones shown my favorite would be the ... uh, well, ... I can't decide, they are all so nice. Thanks for showing us a great lineup of modern Conway Stewarts. :thumbup:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Love the Creme de Menthe 58 :) I've gone no bigger than the Duro in my collection of modern Conway Stewarts and to me the 58 is the perfect size.

I particularly like and always wanted a CS 37.

Great collection and thanks for sharing with us.

F

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

Since you have modern and vintage Conway Stewarts, would you please comment on the differences between the vintage custom made nibs vs the modern nibs (which I've heard are stock from one of the major nib companies)? Thanks.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

I particularly like and always wanted a CS 37.

Great collection and thanks for sharing with us.

F

Thank you. I was fortunate to acquire the CS 37 from another FPN member a month or so ago just after it was listed in the Classifieds. Shortly thereafter, I had a great pen & ink stand custome made for it so now it is always on my desk, ready to go!,

Cheers!

MikeW

MikeW

Can somebody tell me what the name is of the 5th pen in the second series (the beautiful blue one)???

Thanks

This is a Duro in Green Whirl made as a special edition of 100 for Levenger.

MikeW

:thumbup: Mike....great group of CS pens....

Thanks for sharing them....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Thanks Mike,

A beautiful pen! To me it doesn't look like a Duro (because of the soft curves) so I thought it was a mistake...

Thanks Mike,

A beautiful pen! To me it doesn't look like a Duro (because of the soft curves) so I thought it was a mistake...

Mea culpa! I really must apologize and correct my post. You are correct, this is not a Duro - even though I was convinced it was a Duro and thought the imprint read Duro. :headsmack: Your question kept gnawing at me and I started thinking (a dangerous thing to do, I know, but necessary in this case) - why would Levenger have a Duro that is different than the typical CS Duro, especially since Levenger did sell a typical Conway Stewart (CS) Duro in red/white/blue casein? :hmm1: Clearly, this makes no sense and so I examined the pen just before I was going to put it away. For the record, the imprint says:

Conway Stewart

Levenger Edition 009/100

Made in England

No mention of Duro, ergo; not a Duro. This is a unique pen made for Levenger by CS. In fact, as described in this post, the pen is actually closer to a CS 100!

Again, to you and anyone else who was mislead by my negligence, I am sorry. :notworthy1:

MikeW

MikeW

Mike, what's the filling mechanism on the Marlie? If it's a lever-filler, how well does it work? I have a modern 58 with a lever-filler and it works very well, but I've heard that CS has had problems with its early lever-fillers.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

Mike, what's the filling mechanism on the Marlie? If it's a lever-filler, how well does it work? I have a modern 58 with a lever-filler and it works very well, but I've heard that CS has had problems with its early lever-fillers.

My vintage 58 lever is a real gem so I presume you mean the earlier 'modern' versions of that pen.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"