Calling All Londoners

steviebee

Cav on the day just couldn't get in the right place sadly, but still, a great way for Vino to end his career. And Liz more than made up for Cav with her Silver. On to BMX and Shanaze!

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn...."

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviebee

• orangepenguin

• Cyclopentadiene

• northlodge

Cav on the day just couldn't get in the right place sadly, but still, a great way for Vino to end his career. And Liz more than made up for Cav with her Silver. On to BMX and Shanaze!

Hi Steviebee - I'm not in London but I'm willing to make the mini-trek to get there for the next meet. I'm hangin' out to talk FPs with other enthusiasts as almost everyone where I live is a flippin' philestine! :headsmack: :embarrassed_smile:

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hi Steviebee - I'm not in London but I'm willing to make the mini-trek to get there for the next meet. I'm hangin' out to talk FPs with other enthusiasts as almost everyone where I live is a flippin' philestine! :headsmack: :embarrassed_smile:

'Twould be a pleasure, Marlow. I've always read your posts with interest and enjoyment....How far would your trek be? I think we should start an Honorary Mybe It's Becawse ( Oim a ....) Award for the farthest travelled (dammit, another gong I'll never possess!)

'Twould be a pleasure, Marlow. I've always read your posts with interest and enjoyment....How far would your trek be? I think we should start an Honorary Mybe It's Becawse ( Oim a ....) Award for the farthest travelled (dammit, another gong I'll never possess!)

A Tip Steviebee - You are setting the rules for the award so you should be able to even manage a few bars to that gong! How about - set off at 7am, jump on the circle line and have a nap for 5 hours. Its surprising just how far you will have traveled by noon. :headsmack:

On a more serious note, I thought I would bring alone some pens named after places this time - My Savoy & Strand collection seem like appropriate subject matter, given our meeting location. If anyone else has other locations feel free to add them to the display.

Edited by northlodge

My 'trek' would only be 60 miles or so. Is free on-street parking still an option in London on Sundays nowadays or am I living in cloud cuckoo land?! :unsure:

Laura Ingalls Wilder

It is the Olympic men's marathon on the 12th of August so I doubt very much that there will be any parking available anywhere near central London, I'm afraid. I know that around the City Sunday mornings are free, but you need to get there very early to get a space.

Oh - yes of course! :headsmack: - I have vowed not to go anywhere near the carnage that is London during the 'lympics so it'll have to be the following meeting for me! I can just about bear London in small doses when it's not especially heaving but when it is.... zero enjoyment factor for me I'm afraid. :embarrassed_smile:

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Well, Marathon aside, London's been pretty quiet over the first week of the Games. Yes, lots out for the cycling road races but not in town. A fair few perving at beach volleyball, but overall it seemed comparatively quiet to me. Of course, that may well change (a lot? Who knows...) when the track stars get going.

Edited by steviebee

Unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near The Strand on Sunday so can't comment on the crowds, I'm afraid, but judging from the road and station closures in the east of the City I suspect that public transport around there will be severly restricted next week, although the race will probably be over by 2.

Also, we weren't stood down until gone 4 so I very much doubt that I'll be able to make it to the meeting, which is a shame as standing around on the street for 5+ hours doing b****r all works up a thirst :puddle:

I also managed to visit my parents and pick up a couple of my fountain pens from my school days (35+ years ago, the pens that is) and was after some information and repair advice.

Being ever the optimist (plus, for me it's only a bus ride away or I can time trial it by cycle), I'm still hopefulfor Sunday. But of course, if travel is bad on the day we'll just meet up again next month anyway. So all is good. We'll see anyone who can't make it on the 12th, in September (there's a song in there, somewhere) :)

So, come rain or shine, beast or baton, high wind or other digestive disturbances, I will be a-lurking in the Hole and will gladly raise a glass with all and any hardy souls who put sail and brave the human tides....in fact, I'm going early just to say I've seen one Olympic event in the flesh (seeing as we didn't get a single bloody ticket and only live five minutes from the stadium, mutter, mumble......)

:roflmho:

Myself, the wife, and a smart looking Moore leverfiller will certainly be there (fear not Stevebee your Moore is getting homesick)

Myself, the wife, and a smart looking Moore leverfiller will certainly be there (fear not Stevebee your Moore is getting homesick)

Curses, you're already spoken for?!

Lol....

Thanks Paul! I shall repay your kindness in any number of beers you care to mention.....

Edited by steviebee

I take it nothing changed and the London meeting is still taking place at The Coal Hole @ 11.00 a.m? Just checking :-)

ihimlen

www.opiorach.blogspot.com

www.forumopiorach.net

I take it nothing changed and the London meeting is still taking place at The Coal Hole @ 11.00 a.m? Just checking :-)

Stevebee will probably be getting the first vodka in at about 11am, the rest of us will land at about 2pm :thumbup:

Final Call for all Druids to the Second Moot:

Sacred Tree: The Coal Hole, Keane Bar down among the mossy roots

Time of Assemblage: 2 cycles past the Great Sun's Utmost Perihelion

( 2pm to those not of the Order of the Bathrobe)

Order of Businesses: well...drinks, chats, pens, laundry tips, probably more

drinks (or I'm off), goat grooming competition, followed by an increasing drool of pens, both Olde and Moderne and sundry items relating to nothing in particular.....a typical lark, then....

Close of Play: When the Silver Gong of the Sacral Virgin sounds or sooner....or steviebee gets us thrown out by graphically demonstrating just What Jim Morrison Did in Miami in 1969...

This goat grooming.........before the goat sacrifice or we performing the second rite?

If so I'll bring Diamine Oxblood.

To err is human.

To ARRR is pirate!

Final Call for all Druids to the Second Moot:

Sacred Tree: The Coal Hole, Keane Bar down among the mossy roots

Time of Assemblage: 2 cycles past the Great Sun's Utmost Perihelion

( 2pm to those not of the Order of the Bathrobe)

Order of Businesses: well...drinks, chats, pens, laundry tips, probably more

drinks (or I'm off), goat grooming competition, followed by an increasing drool of pens, both Olde and Moderne and sundry items relating to nothing in particular.....a typical lark, then....

Close of Play: When the Silver Gong of the Sacral Virgin sounds or sooner....or steviebee gets us thrown out by graphically demonstrating just What Jim Morrison Did in Miami in 1969...

I don't remember sacral virgins being a requirement of the last meet but I'll see what I can find at the back of the shed. Northlodge, if you're reading this, could I ask for a couple of no 12 sacs please? No, nothing at all to do with goat sacrifice but they might come in useful.

This goat grooming.........before the goat sacrifice or we performing the second rite?

Tsk...you have to ask?

Do you not remember that the Second Rite be not accomplished without the Combing of The Dander, which itself can only be done after the Wringing of Hands dipped in Rouge Hematite, or possibly something sticky from Ye Noodler Out of Space, which bubbles and blasphemes at the centre of.....etc

Sheesh. Neophytes :rolleyes:

Oh, and 'Back of The Shed' is goooood for them Virgins. Bring a couple in case....

I may need an additional wife or two. Y'never know....

Edited by steviebee

Tsk...you have to ask?

Do you not remember that the Second Rite be not accomplished without the Combing of The Dander, which itself can only be done after the Wringing of Hands dipped in Rouge Hematite, or possibly something sticky from Ye Noodler Out of Space, which bubbles and blasphemes at the centre of.....etc

Sheesh. Neophytes :rolleyes:

Oh, and 'Back of The Shed' is goooood for them Virgins. Bring a couple in case....

I may need an additional wife or two. Y'never know....

Wish I had read this post before you edited it.

That's easy - just stop reading at 'Neophytes'....

Not wanting to appear a postcount whore I answered yours within by means of the edit. Sigh. Shoulda just bumped up my paltry count with my usual fatuousity (as per most of my posts, giggle).

See youse all tomorrow, Goat willing.