#21 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:14

What's all this packaging? Envelope? Seal? I got an M215 new and it was just in a fitted plastic bag inside the box
--
Glenn (love those pen posses)

#22 Redbarchettayyz

Redbarchettayyz

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24

Very nice review! The M2xx series may be small, but they are great writers, and the steel nib is incredibly smooth. I've got the Toledo Red m205, and everything you've written here is spot on!
The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.

Montblanc|Pelikan|Geha|Senator|Sailor

#23 kaikookkookkai

kaikookkookkai

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:46

Great review. This is one of my first fountain pen choice. :thumbup:

#24 MOVIESTAR

MOVIESTAR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 00:22

Very nice review! The M2xx series may be small, but they are great writers, and the steel nib is incredibly smooth. I've got the Toledo Red m205, and everything you've written here is spot on!

Thank you for your comments :D
In the days gone by, people believed that if a person touched an object, that object would form a bond with a part of their soul.
Today such a thought seems almost absurd....Until you enter the realm of Montblanc's master craftsmen.
Montblanc - Soul makers for over 100 years

#25 MOVIESTAR

MOVIESTAR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 00:23

Great review. This is one of my first fountain pen choice. :thumbup:

Thank you. :D
In the days gone by, people believed that if a person touched an object, that object would form a bond with a part of their soul.
Today such a thought seems almost absurd....Until you enter the realm of Montblanc's master craftsmen.

#26 kaikookkookkai

kaikookkookkai

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:01

Is Fine nib of M200 any stiff?

#27 kaikookkookkai

kaikookkookkai

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:02

I prefer 0.5 mm for writing. Should I select "medium nib" or "fine nib"?

#28 paolino_paperino

paolino_paperino

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:05

When did they change the packaging? I didn't get anything so fancy last year, when I bought mine; just a cardboard box.

#29 79spitfire

79spitfire

No the car is NOT painted with Bay State Blue..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:06

My XF is not stiff, but not flex either. It has a certain amount of forgiving spring to it, with slight line variation, but nothing more, still a pleasant enough writer.

I would suggest XF, and it's still more like a .7mm

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!Neko_animated.gif
Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

#30 kaikookkookkai

kaikookkookkai

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 18:16

My XF is not stiff, but not flex either. It has a certain amount of forgiving spring to it, with slight line variation, but nothing more, still a pleasant enough writer.

I would suggest XF, and it's still more like a .7mm

Is XF Extra Large?

#31 Thomaparis

Thomaparis

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 18:24

No : extra fine, but that's a German nib, so it's always a bit large on modern pens...

#32 wkiffin

wkiffin

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 23:25

They are so reliable.

#33 kaikookkookkai

kaikookkookkai

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:30

No : extra fine, but that's a German nib, so it's always a bit large on modern pens...

Thanks. Are XF 0.7 mm.and F 0.5 mm.?

If I prefer 0.5 mm. writing, I should select Fine nib, right?

#34 tonybelding

tonybelding

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:47

I know that these reviews are subjective and we all have our opinions, but... To me this one seems almost comical in its over-the-top praise for the relatively mundane workhorse pen that is a Pelikan M200. Rating 10/10, really? Where do we go from here, I wonder?

#35 MOVIESTAR

MOVIESTAR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 16:23

I know that these reviews are subjective and we all have our opinions, but... To me this one seems almost comical in its over-the-top praise for the relatively mundane workhorse pen that is a Pelikan M200. Rating 10/10, really? Where do we go from here, I wonder?

I rated this pen 10/10 for the fact that it is very smooth for a steel nib and shows that you don't need a 14k nib for a really smooth nib. For its price also it's very good. Of course if I were to put it up against my M600 or or higher priced writers which are excellent than of course, it would get less than 10/10 :D

#36 tonybelding

tonybelding

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2012 - 17:18

I rated this pen 10/10 for the fact that it is very smooth for a steel nib and shows that you don't need a 14k nib for a really smooth nib.

I thought most of us knew that already. :rolleyes:

Gold is affectation.

For its price also it's very good. Of course if I were to put it up against my M600 or or higher priced writers which are excellent than of course, it would get less than 10/10 :D

Actually one of my knocks against the higher-spec Pelikans, the M600 and M800, is that you can't get them with a steel nib. You have to pay a high price for gold even though it's really no better.

If you buy a Bexley Corona, for example, then you have a choice: you can get it with an excellent steel nib for $135 or you can pay more (a lot more!) for the 18K gold nib if you really want it.

#37 topaz

topaz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:16

I rated this pen 10/10 for the fact that it is very smooth for a steel nib and shows that you don't need a 14k nib for a really smooth nib. For its price also it's very good. Of course if I were to put it up against my M600 or or higher priced writers which are excellent than of course, it would get less than 10/10 :D

I agree with the 10/10 simply because it is a workhorse pen. Smooth, generous ink capacity, sturdy, classic looks, well-balanced...what more could one ask for in a pen? Sure, Cartier makes some beautiful jeweled pens but (even if I could afford one), there is absolutely no way I'd tote it around.

#38 rbuchanan

rbuchanan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2012 - 13:15

I have a Pelikan m150 - apart from being slightly smaller than the m200, is there any other difference? You don't see them so often in shops (at least not in the UK) and many people on this forum rave about the m200 as one of the best pens in the price range, without there being much mention of the m150. Is that simply because the m150 is less well known? Or is it considered to be too small for some people (I have never had any issues with the size - it is not my biggest pen, but it isn't so much smaller than any other pen I have).

When I bought the m150, I was told that the only difference between the m150 and the m200 was the size, the m200 being slightly (though not much) bigger. Being smaller, it doesn't take the same nib, so there is less choice available, but other than that, the materials, quality of build etc etc were the same - despite the m150 being about the third of the price of the m200. If the m200 is such a fantastic quality pen for the price, what does that make the m150 if it is the same quality but so much cheaper?

Basically I just wondered where the m150 stands in this? Is it really made with the same materials and build quality? If so, why is it so much cheaper and why isn't it much more popular?

#39 MOVIESTAR

MOVIESTAR

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 14:35

I have a Pelikan m150 - apart from being slightly smaller than the m200, is there any other difference? You don't see them so often in shops (at least not in the UK) and many people on this forum rave about the m200 as one of the best pens in the price range, without there being much mention of the m150. Is that simply because the m150 is less well known? Or is it considered to be too small for some people (I have never had any issues with the size - it is not my biggest pen, but it isn't so much smaller than any other pen I have).

When I bought the m150, I was told that the only difference between the m150 and the m200 was the size, the m200 being slightly (though not much) bigger. Being smaller, it doesn't take the same nib, so there is less choice available, but other than that, the materials, quality of build etc etc were the same - despite the m150 being about the third of the price of the m200. If the m200 is such a fantastic quality pen for the price, what does that make the m150 if it is the same quality but so much cheaper?

Basically I just wondered where the m150 stands in this? Is it really made with the same materials and build quality? If so, why is it so much cheaper and why isn't it much more popular?

I don't think there is a big different to be honest. They both steel nibs so there shouldn't be much difference.

#40 Oeufdepoire

Oeufdepoire

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:38

I'd like to know something I didn't figured out in spite of numerous researches :

What are the exact differences between the M200, the M205 and the M215 ?

Thank you !