Noodler's Music Nib Neponset

sirach

Beautiful picture. Gorgeous Violin! The piece is from Holst's Jupiter ... the church music hymn would be "Oh God Beyond all Praising" if you go to this you-tube video ...

... the familiar melody starts around 3.06

This conductor looks ridiculous. I see no correlation between his erratic movements and the music, tempo, or anything going on around him....

edit: I recognize this! It took till about 5:00 but I've heard it before.

I loved my 7th grade music appreciation class. I called my teacher a few years ago (I'm 31) asking him about a piece I heard in there and he just about fell over himself that a student remembered anything from that class. I LOVED that class.

edit again:

Maybe my video and sound are just way off. The whole thing just looks and sounds funny. But he's still goofy lookin. :)

It's not just you .... he is a goofy conductor... if you watch the orchestra...most of them are not actually looking at him, not good... versus... Andris Nelsons is a very very good conductor seen here

and here
he is also goofy... but his orchestras seem to love him...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirach

• amberleadavis

• watch_art

• Ghost Plane

I'm looking forward to seeing this pen in production. Hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."

- St. Francis of Assisi

"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there."

-Miles Davis

I will gladly take your unwanted Noodler's pens. Don't throw them away.

Assume no affiliation.

• 1 month later...

Hope so too because even though I can use a Kaweco Sport unposted I love my big pens :) I also love my wide nibs too!

I'm in a constant state of cat-like readiness!!!

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other" George Elliot

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I got to have one. :puddle:

Do not let old pens lay around in a drawer, get them working and give them to a new fountain pen user.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't sign up for this one fast enough!!!

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

I'd love to be able to put those big nibs in my own pens. :cloud9:

So would I. I like huge nibs and I like your pens.

• 3 weeks later...

I cant wait for speculations... I emailed him! Lets see what the future holds!!

Fantastic! Keep us posted. I must have this pen.

Fantastic! Keep us posted. I must have this pen.

I too am with you.. I think this is so pretty.

Do not let old pens lay around in a drawer, get them working and give them to a new fountain pen user.

Great - happy that you went to the source! :thumbup: Please keep us posted when you hear something. Now that I think about it, I miss his videos and commentaries.

Hope to hear an update soon. Thanks for taking the initiative!

• 2 weeks later...

I want one of these pens! Who do I have to bribe, blackmail, or give a whack to the back of the head to get one. To my fellow FPN comrades who what to storm Castle Tardiff, I think we can distract the attack Catfish in the moat by feeding them politicians who propose legislation that has a lot of "Pork" in it. I also thinking if the tactical strike fails we can lay siege to it and use psychological warfare by continually playing speeches or press conferences of Ben Bernanke.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested also, in knowing where to find such a pen.

You bring the map to Nathan Tardiff's house and grappling lines, I'll bring the nightvision goggles and safecracking equipment.

:ninja: Ready

I believe I still have some tape recording equipment left over from Watergate we could use... :blink:

I'll bring bail money.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

You know, I'm starting to think that I want to go along on this "raid". And sell popcorn :eureka: . Just *think* how much money I'll make -- not to mention the entertainment value....

And I don't even particularly *want* a Neponset -- music nib or not (like I said before, Konrads are a perfect size for my hand). Although the one from the original post is pretty....

Actually, though, while yinz are all breaching the parapets, if the FPN Ninja Posse happens to run across a couple of gallon size bottles of Kung Te Cheng in your travels I would not be amiss to, er, acquiring one or two. Just sayin'....

But no, you can't use my bottle of BSB for the fingerprint scanner to open Nathan's vault. Go buy your own bottles.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm dying to know when this will be on the market. I want to go outside Nathan's moated house, the one with the sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads, and wave money at him and/or beg. Or both. I'm not too proud.

----

Oh, pens, all of you are my favorite! TWSBI, Jinhao, Montblanc, Waterman, Danish Penol De Luxe flexy pen, Cross, -- I can't choose between you! That would just be wrong.

---

That is one colorful pen.

I've not made the jump to over-sized pens yet.

I grew up in silver dime days, when most pens were standard.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Should we warn Nathan that the barbarians are at the gates?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It sounds like it time to load all the pens again

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Benjamin Franklin