#1 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2012 - 00:58

I have a Waterman Concord - Junior size.
While the slightly larger size will take modern long Waterman carts the Junior size will not.
I found some old cf carts in the back of a drawer which will work once I clean out the old ink - and I could spare one for someone if they're stuck with a pen they can"t ink.
However an eBay search will find some NOS converters from the Pen Seller from France (also a FPN member).
So members who need a cf converter can get one from him.

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#2 theskrebs

theskrebs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 18:18

My first post chaps, so be gentle with me.

I've been looking for a c/f converter for a while. Spotted the ones being sold by 'the French pen seller' BUT cant bring myself to pay the 15GBP to get my hands on one.

Anyone out there with some of these rolling around could do well putting them up for sale.

I have one that appears to have a leaky bladder? Anyone know if there is a bladder that would fit? I'm going to try taking it apart - nothing to lose by doing that. Be good to know whether c/f converters can be repaired.

Also, an empty c/f cartridge would be welcome. I have a c/f with no tank and a 'Le Lady' (which takes the same cartridge), that has the leaky c/f converter.

Great web site!

#3 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 18:39

My first post chaps, so be gentle with me.

I've been looking for a c/f converter for a while. Spotted the ones being sold by 'the French pen seller' BUT cant bring myself to pay the 15GBP to get my hands on one.

Anyone out there with some of these rolling around could do well putting them up for sale.

I have one that appears to have a leaky bladder? Anyone know if there is a bladder that would fit? I'm going to try taking it apart - nothing to lose by doing that. Be good to know whether c/f converters can be repaired.

Also, an empty c/f cartridge would be welcome. I have a c/f with no tank and a 'Le Lady' (which takes the same cartridge), that has the leaky c/f converter.

Great web site!

Welcome.

These are on their 3rd lap...started out with a £10 BIN but no takers. Then went to £6.50 and now as stated.

There's only 5 but you can syringe fill them when empty.

Edited by Force, 08 June 2012 - 18:41.

#4 manoli

manoli

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:34

I have a Waterman Concord - Junior size.
While the slightly larger size will take modern long Waterman carts the Junior size will not.
I found some old cf carts in the back of a drawer which will work once I clean out the old ink - and I could spare one for someone if they're stuck with a pen they can"t ink.
However an eBay search will find some NOS converters from the Pen Seller from France (also a FPN member).
So members who need a cf converter can get one from him.

hi --
I think I have seen some of these converter's for sale on Amazon and I have bought one also from the above listed seller in France. The killer is the shipping charges to the states.
regards -- Manny D.

#5 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 3,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:50

hi --
I think I have seen some of these converter's for sale on Amazon and I have bought one also from the above listed seller in France. The killer is the shipping charges to the states.
regards -- Manny D.

I think you will find they are from the same source.

#6 theskrebs

theskrebs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2012 - 16:24

Welcome.

These are on their 3rd lap...started out with a £10 BIN but no takers. Then went to £6.50 and now as stated.

Yes, I've seen those. I couldn't bring myself to use them though. They have lasted this long intact - it would be sacrilegious.

If a vintage pen came into your possession, that was still in its case, had never been inked, just as it left the factory many years ago - would you use it?

That question probably opens up a new area for discussion.

#7 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2012 - 21:03

Welcome.

Yes, I've seen those. I couldn't bring myself to use them though. They have lasted this long intact - it would be sacrilegious.

If a vintage pen came into your possession, that was still in its case, had never been inked, just as it left the factory many years ago - would you use it?

Yes, I would!!

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#8 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:34

Welcome.

Yes, I would!!

send an email to mr mora at the following adress morastylos@wanadoo.fr, he might have some cf converters
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#9 theskrebs

theskrebs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:38

Yes, I would!!

:thumbup:

#10 theskrebs

theskrebs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:40

send an email to mr mora at the following adress morastylos@wanadoo.fr, he might have some cf converters

Thanks for that. I'll mail him and post an update.

#11 theskrebs

theskrebs

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2012 - 20:58

I got a reply from Mr Mora:-

'the convertor is 15 euros and shipping is 20 euros with insurance'

So, 35 euros for a C/F converter. OUCH!

#12 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 3,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:44

This is looking the better option now then. Maybe the seller would accepta fiver... :rolleyes:

#13 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 11,572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:59

but what he sells you is a guenine and original cf convertor. I am a client of him since many years, but if you look parts for pens that are no more produced and which are original parts you will pay a premium.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#14 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 11,572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:00

This is looking the better option now then. Maybe the seller would accepta fiver... :rolleyes:

maybe
Posted Image

#15 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 3,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:32

Or you could keep an eye out for a cheap damaged pen that has one with it...then sell on the bits you don't want and maybe break even.

Edited by Force, 12 June 2012 - 05:33.

#16 TomSch

TomSch

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 19:20

Hi all together!

Perhaps I have a solution for this problem, not a really good one, but one that works. I still own two CFs and a "Concorde". They all do need the old CF cartridges or converters. It's right, You have to have really lots of luck getting an old cartridge, or You have to pay lots of money getting one of the last converters.
During the last few years I collected lots of pens, and often they carried empty cartridges inside.
I mentioned that the international standard ones (picture the first from above) are just a little bit too broad for the CF (in the middle). So I tried those of Montblanc (undermost).

Posted Image

You may see on the picture that those of MB have a smaller front like the original CFs. Slightly right turning You can "screw" the cartridge into the metall of the holder, it fits tight. The empty one is again screwed off turning right.
In my CFs this works well and so I've no more cartridge problems in this case.

Best regards,
Thomas