Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

Savanna (Savannah? anyone know for sure the correct term?)

2 different generations. The right one should be from the original run (no W. Germany imprint)

post-34844-0-73872900-1347220248.jpg

post-34844-0-18129700-1347220246.jpg

Terracotta 1st generation

post-34844-0-83039700-1347220239.jpg

post-34844-0-45165800-1347220242.jpg

For some historical info on the Lamy Safari (thanks to FPN member haywoody), a reminder of this great thread on lamy safari historical details

Edited by cbbp

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Safari Alpin. 2 versions (very difficult to photograph):

On the right, the more common shiny version

On the left, the much rarer textured (or matte) Safari Alpin white fountain pen.

Both with W. Germany imprint.

post-34844-0-14331400-1347220362.jpg

Another Alpin, shiny; pharmaceutical promotional pen:

post-34844-0-92839400-1347220353.jpg

Safari Hot (red).

Barely visible advertisement: "Dynafit ski boots", just a bit elevated from the surface. Maybe they changed their minds, or the seller thought it would be less attractive with the imprint...? It has a W. Germany imprint and a markless black nib.

post-34844-0-50077200-1347220356.jpg

post-34844-0-13924700-1347220359.jpg

Edited by cbbp

Hello

I just saw this auction and was wondering about where i can find it to buy, for fare price . Anyone know

My link

thanks

Andreas

Oh! Orange one with cross cap top??? This is also the reissue as Lime 2011? Anybody has more information? Thanks.

It looks like Regina Martini may have a few of these. She re-listed after selling one this morning. See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMY-safari-13-orange-fountain-pen-cross-cap-/350597858793

Hi,

I'm Ellen from the Netherlands. I'm just recently getting back to writing with fountain pens after more than 15 years hardly using them. I had a Sheaffer Slim Targa when I was a student and stopped using it because I coudn't fill them anymore (and because computer writing took over).

Recently I found out about filling old cartridges so now I'm back to using my old Targa.

I also just bought a Pink Lamy Safari Limited edition 2011. A nice pen but I have to get used to the grip.

Today I stumbled on 2 lamy Safari colors I can't place. One is I think a Savanna Green one, don't know what generation, the other is an orange one, not sure if it's the terracotta one.

Does anybody know which pens these are and what they are worth paying for? I think they are older models so do the new converters fit in these pens?

post-91581-0-39401100-1347297457.jpg

post-91581-0-10529600-1347297471.jpg

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

Welcome back to fountain pens, and yes the textured green and orange are among the earliest colors, and highly desired.

The grip was designed to aid, so hopefully it will become comfortable for you. Even though the pink is 2011, it's also becoming more difficult to find. Though Safari is considered "just a school pen" to many, it's also a reliable pen with loads of charm to others. : )

Hi Ellen,

Welcome back to fountain pens, and yes the textured green and orange are among the earliest colors, and highly desired.

The grip was designed to aid, so hopefully it will become comfortable for you. Even though the pink is 2011, it's also becoming more difficult to find. Though Safari is considered "just a school pen" to many, it's also a reliable pen with loads of charm to others. : )

Here in The Netherlands, the pink is still for sale, I paid €18,50 for the pen at Le Couronne du Comte webshop.

I think it's not a highly valued pen here in the Netherlands. Can't imagine a lot of people paying more than €€ 30 for a lamy Safari pen but perhaps I'm totally wrong about this. :embarrassed_smile:

There's an orange limited edition on marktplaats.nl and people won't go higher than €19,=

http://verzamelen.marktplaats.nl/pennenverzamelingen/588098547-lamy-safari-vulpen-limited-edition-2009-orange.html?return=eJwtjMsKgzAQRf9F0KUmikIjUnTV3xhMxGBihkykL%2FrvHWlX99wHF5RUb6tET0p2F5WRgTiv%2FZoSqqraApq99BC3hA4gUbm76jcpccXrww2y0DSkkDejzJtJWwZWl1hfFhlp0fRv8UwFg%2Bdi3A9vop3Zbne2Dvwzr9taECwQ%2BWcKdL7VBeIxiAIDpTloM7Syk9Mt6z9fVFc7SQ%3D%3D&df=1&fta=eNotj81uwyAQhN8FqTnD2vXPIl9y6qmvYG1YnKLiGBmcuI3y7gWrt09zmG%2BGsMVnxA7FtvrxTj4KHbFXKHY%2FqBPHIS2oNDvUPuGvCzpOHHMSEko9B7xts12d0d8P9DT%2FvIGMNNHq9BIdwimEbZCnsMRkFrbDu2rU%2BaMoahSBrlZol8siVigcH%2B42u6FqAGx%2F2Q%2Bgus8AlZFGZZBMl6kq0HAH5gADnd0BmGpocwKqbslwqVO5OS2BOI7e3q7pqxhl%2BYhipn0sI7KXjxWAgh5Cf%2F7jXWhCic%2FX6w9dZVpX&fta_ind=4&fs=1

Children have to write with a fountain pen in school here but most of them stop using them when they get to the age of 11/12 years. My youngest daugter still likes to use one, she is almost 12 years old. She still uses the Lamy ABC in school although I offered her a lamy safari or a lamy Nexx M. She likes her old ABC Lamy a lot. She uses the Lamy Nexx at home though for homework.

Edited by marliellen

Hang on to your orange and green! I cheerfully refer to the them as terra/vanna (terracotta orange/savannah green).

You have the basis for a fun collection.

And gather up all the extra's you can find. You may fund your daughters future education if you find a boat load :)

All the best.

Hi~ I'm newbie to this forum, and i also a Lamy lover~ ^_^

Is that anyone know about Safari series fountain pen black body with red clip? Is this exist? Thanks~

There is a shiny black with red clip in Lamy Joy the calligraphy set.

Otherwise I do not recall a standard issue black with red Safari.

If you scroll above and look at photos, there is a Charcoal with red clip, that were available in Japan on a very limited run.

See discussion # 464.

Hi~ I'm newbie to this forum, and i also a Lamy lover~ ^_^

Is that anyone know about Safari series fountain pen black body with red clip? Is this exist? Thanks~

Hi there - Welcome to the forum! To my knowledge there never was an international release of Shiny Black with a Red Clip, however Eslite Department store in Taipei, Taiwan, commissioned 500 of this colour combination in 2010/11 as fountain pens and only with fine nibs. As you may know, Lamy is occasionally commissioned by large stores to do limited runs of at least 500 pens, such as the well known NK limited releases in Sweden (one of which sold on eBay for an amazing price in excess of US$400!).

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to know how many Safaris have been sold over the life time of the design. Does anyone know?

I have all seven colors with Black and white, Lamy recently launched few more good colors in Green and yellow

I recently completed my Lamy Joy collection with the bottommost pen in the picture, one of the first Joys to come to market. Its endcap features a black dot. Does this look right, collectors? Any other Joy variants?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8029/8047882044_6f470baf99_z.jpg

Lamy Safari pastel end cap variations

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8450/8047875891_dd94d2999b_z.jpg

And a set of the NK Sweden variations described above, delivered today. Note the red dot end caps that differentiate these from the Rakuten/Japan variations. Yellow is the "new" yellow. Shiny black with red in last photo is a Safari/Joy frankenlamy.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/8047883096_b66d13042f_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8040/8047876765_0832b62d2e_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8032/8047877411_775e24ee1d_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8047883840_d9b7653472_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8449/8047882304_c0698167be_z.jpg

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I want!!!!!

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Does anyone here have an original demonstrator or some of these rarer Safaris they'd care to share a couple photos of?

I have 1 demonstrator, here is some pictures with Lamy Vista to compare

DSC_1865.JPG

DSC_1867.JPG

DSC_1868.JPG

DSC_1869.JPG

DSC_1870.JPG

DSC_1871.JPG

It has a imprint GERMANY on the end of the barrel. That means it was produced after 1989. The pictures of the demonstrator with imprint "W.GERMANY" can be found from kmpn's blog

Then some pictures of Savanna and Terracotta that I have, but I still don't have fountain pen of them, just have some parts :((

DSC_1873.JPG

DSC_1874.JPG

DSC_1875.JPG

DSC_1876.JPG

DSC_1877.JPG

I wonder why the Safari demonstrator gets a yellowish coloration over time, while the Vista doesn't?

Has anyone here ever had the experience of a Vista turning yellow?

I am the girl with the long name, or simply cza