Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

OMG that is one sweet deal! Did the seller explain why yours was priced so low? Have you received the item already? Can you post a photo?

Edited by maryannemoll

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I have found a very big bargain today!

A beautiful Lamy Safari Blue with black clip and accents, packed in blister, with one refill and a standard grey squeeze Lamy pen pouch for an unbeatable price: 4 euro!!! :yikes:

So hard to believe :unsure: and yet so real! I couldn't believe it because there where three more, all blistered and of the same color but with the regular price, only that one was marked so low.

What had you all done in my place? I think the same I did, buy it!

Yes, I am a lucky ass! :D :D :D

Sounds like a sumgai deal for sure - congratulations! Look forward to hearing more about the pen when you receive it.

I just bumped into the very rare Savanna Green (Olive Green) -- which is more than 30 years old! -- this time with the black clip:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/LamySavannaGreen.jpg

You might want to check it out at Rolf Thiel's ebay site http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151065446290&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT. I see that it is indeed now available. Funny, that happened as I had looked up his site for the Diamine Racing Green made exclusively for him. I think both colours match perfectly!

Mike

Edited by lapis

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Keep heart, dear P2P. lapis is just having his fun, as he is wont to do. I got my 'vannah for $80* last year. Don't let eBay fool you.

*give or take $10. (def. under $100)

Edited by bphollin

I just bumped into the very rare Savanna Green (Olive Green) -- which is more than 30 years old! -- this time with the black clip:

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/LamySavannaGreen.jpg

You might want to check it out at Rolf Thiel's ebay site http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151065446290&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT. I see that it is indeed now available. Funny, that happened as I had looked up his site for the Diamine Racing Green made exclusively for him. I think both colours match perfectly!

Mike

This is just crazy. I know that Rolf Thiel had the opportunity to buy a whole Lamy collection of a German collector friend. There should also be a Terra Red one. But probably it will cost around $1000.-........

bphollin, on 26 Jun 2013 - 05:45, said:
Keep heart, dear P2P. lapis is just having his fun, as he is wont to do. I got my 'vannah for $80* last year. Don't let eBay fool you.
*give or take $10. (def. under $100)
This is what I would pay for one also.
...if I had not already two, hihi.....
Edited by christof

Say Christof, I don't suppose you have an extra terracotta you'd sell at that price so I can complete my collection... :thumbup:

I am very sorry but can not help you. The main Problem is that I do not have a Terra Red fountain pen myself. Here's my humble collection:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5192/7152383943_d74ea84b17_c.jpg

The Terra Red in top is NOT a fountain pen. It's a roller ball pen. I am looking for a fountain pen myself...or at least a section.

It seems that the Terra Red is much harder to find than the Savanna Green of which I have two NOS examples...

Again, sorry that I couldn't help.

Christof

To all: please note that the original naming by Lamy was "Terra Rot", not "Terracotta".

To all: please note that the original naming by Lamy was "Terra Rot", not "Terracotta".

i got the "Terra Rot" FP, BP and Pcl, but missing the Rollerball :D

were those two colors also available as twinpens?

• 3 weeks later...

I have plenty of Lamy Safaris in my collection..

Can someone tell me how much is this special

Lamy Safari Black Matte NK Swedish Collection worth

Regards,

Edited by RSTHLM

It seems to be a brillant black on the picture, I have exchanged the safari cap (black with metal clip) with the cap of the lamy joy one (black with red clip) on my black lamy safari.

This corresponds to the prices of a standard safari and a lamy joy fountain pens.

Edited by sophiz

I am searching for someone (you have to be out there), who can help me with a comprehensive penography of both the Lamy Safari and Lamy Al-Star pens. I want to compile information about the years/dates of release of each pen, the official colour names, etc. Pictures would also be awesome, but a comprehensive listing would be very appreciated. I have contacted Lamy directly, but it appears that they are not really archiving information like this to reference for inquiries etc. If you are the person I am looking for, please PM me. If you know the person I am looking for, please PM me. Trying to get the information I am looking for by extracting information from posts on Forums etc, is proving to be impossible.

Thanks!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I like the new fluorescent yellow. I picked one up at WonderPens last week on a trip to Toronto, as a gift for my daughter who is a major Safari fan.

I bought a Lamy Safari Red China Edition the other day from a local bookstore that sold their stationery on a 15% discount. The pen costs HK$272 ($34.5)! I filled it with Sailor's Epinard and they just dance on the paper in these hot summer days...

post-104458-0-71952700-1374749485_thumb.jpg

Edited by tylchick

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...

My two favourite Al-Stars are the Ruby and Dark Blue.

I've also seen a lime green Safari but I only have one actual Safari, a charcoal which I have owned for more then 25 years. They are great pens.

IMAG0199.jpg

Excellent! And of course I want one! If there are any FPNers or proxy buyers in that part of the world that could find one and ship to the USA, please let me know.

Hi bphollin,

SO frustrating... I posted about the white Joy with red clip ages ago and never received any notifications from FPN of any responses to this thread. So I never returned until just now, randomly, as a result of searching for something Safari-related on Google. Then I see a load of responses that I never was notified of. I wonder if it's anything to do with migration from the old site?!? Anyways, needless to say I never bothered picking up any of the white Joys with red clips as I assumed there was no interest due to no response (according to the absence of notifications). I'm still in Taiwan though so will pick one up IF they are still available. If they are not, I'm sincerely sorry for this mishap... Fingers crossed... (Please PM me asap if you've already acquired one so that I don't drive to Taipei unnecessarily - I don't collect Joys so I'll be buying one, if available, purely for your collection).

Regards,

Chris

From memory, the pink originally had a black cross top. I think the pink dot was later and then try also brought out the pink cross. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm not with my collection at the moment as I'm abroad for a year... Similarly, the line green originally had a black cross top, then Korea released one with a lime green cross top and that was then released further afield.