Any Pen Get Togethers In Austin Or San Antonio, Tx

goldiesdad

Just checking ... I am new to pen collecting and would love to see other pens that are out there.

Any interest?

Scott

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goldiesdad

• kansaskyle

• abstract49

• nibgrinding

Tried this when I was visiting from SF in April... No joy then...

Better luck to you! I might even pop in if it's a good weekend!

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Let's make it happen folks ... would love to get together and show off some of my "stable" or lack there of and get some ideas what I need to be buying.

I'm in ...

Just checking ... I am new to pen collecting and would love to see other pens that are out there.

Any interest?

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Any new interest we could schedule something at a local restaurant and share some of our pen joy .... Bring some pens and eat or drink

I would like to do this in Austin ....

Their must be lots of folks who would like to handle a pen prior to buying I would ...

Thanks

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe on Father's Day folks with see this ... Anyone interested getting together and show off

some of your pens that we talk about daily on this site ...

We could meet some evening at a local restaurant in either San Antonio or Austin .... Any takers?

Scott

• 1 month later...

Any new interest we could schedule something at a local restaurant and share some of our pen joy .... Bring some pens and eat or drink

I would like to do this in Austin ....

Their must be lots of folks who would like to handle a pen prior to buying I would ...

Thanks

Scott

Heya Scott,

I'd be interested in a meet up in Austin if we could get more people involved.

-Lesley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I would love too ... I will put out the topic this pm ... maybe we can get a bunch of folks and show off some of our pens ...

• 2 weeks later...

There's a big get-together in Dallas in September....2012 Dallas Pen Show

Might be a little drive but there will be more than enough pens to see and people to glean knowledge from. ;)

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Thanks I am going to the pen show so when it gets closer I will look into it ...

Too bad folks in San Antonio or Austin have little interest ... I believe if a meet took place the numbers would grow each time ...

Let's start thinking October .....

October October October .....

Scott

I would be interested in one in October. I'm about 2 hours away from south Austin (add another hour for north Austin!).

The price I pay for living out in the country is all the good pens and paraphernalia are HOURS away.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Life's too short to write with anything but a fountain pen!

Wow ... looks like a get together in Austin in October .... Yee haw ...

When we get closer we can set a firm date, place and time ...

I'll even put my good teeth in for this get together ... Spouses and sig others are always welcome too ...

• 2 months later...

Forgive me for bumping this, but did this ever end up happening? I'll actually be relocating to Austin here in the next 2 weeks and I'd love to do my part to set something up in the ATX area.

• 1 year later...

I've also become quite enamored with fountain pens, paper, journals, etc. I would love to meet up sometime with fellow Austinites. I would be happy to organize it through meetup.com or something.

Anyone interested?

WTB: Edison Menlo

WTB: Any of Ernest Shin's work

There is a pen club in Houston, TX and another one in Dallas, TX. The Houston club - Lone Star Pen Club meets bi-monthly. Our next meeting is July 9th and we meet at Maria Selma's Restaurant on 1617 Richmond Ave. You can see our FaceBook page if you search for Lone Star Pen Club. If you would like any other info please feel free to email us at LoneStarPenClub@gmail.com .

thanks

John Ebach

• 4 weeks later...

There is a pen club in Houston, TX and another one in Dallas, TX. The Houston club - Lone Star Pen Club meets bi-monthly. Our next meeting is July 9th and we meet at Maria Selma's Restaurant on 1617 Richmond Ave. You can see our FaceBook page if you search for Lone Star Pen Club. If you would like any other info please feel free to email us at LoneStarPenClub@gmail.com .

thanks

John Ebach

Great, thanks John. I'll see if I can make it out to the next one. It's about a 3 hour drive to either of them for me.

WTB: Edison Menlo

WTB: Any of Ernest Shin's work

• 2 years later...

Just a quick hello. They are having a pelikan hub in austin, anyone signed up?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I did not look closely at the Pelican Hub notice, because I just assumed the one in Dallas, a week before the Dallas Pen Show, was the only one in driving distance for me. I would love to make it, so now I'll go find the link and see if it's open to more attendees.