What's Your Biggest Pen

Jonsacks

Mine's a Delta Roma Imperiale I just got from Bryant. It's massive ... Much bigger than my Pelikan 1000. My second biggest is a Visconti Arte Mudejar. Oddly, I like pens in every shape and size ... Really just wondering what other big pens are out there???

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonsacks

• watch_art

• fountainpagan

• Baric

My biggest pen is a Montegrappa Silver Cigar, which is very heavy. Hubby has got a Pelikan 1000.

Sheaffer touchdown Imperial desk pen, :rolleyes:

followed by a Lamy Joy...which is my biggest pen with a cap. :unsure:

I must admit, that Joy is a bit big for my shirt pockets.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

That depends on what you mean by biggest. Do you mean widest, widest section, biggest nib, longest, heaviest, ...

My Website

That depends on what you mean by biggest. Do you mean widest, widest section, biggest nib, longest, heaviest, ...

Your choice!

The biggest pen I've KEPT is a Aurora 88 piston. Its length capped is 136 mm (5.35"); body+nib 129 mm (5.08"); body maximum diameter 13.9 mm (0.55"). Weight 20 g. I owned bigger pens, some quite expensive and good writers to boot, but I didn't keep them. If bigger, they don't sit well in my pocket, look silly and ostentatious (to me), and add nothing to my writing comfort. Form follows function. I don't keep thin, heavy, or skinny pens for the same reason. And pens with a metal section are a turn off.

Your question is good, because we can be happy with our purchases when we know our personal needs. There is no pen that is right for everyone.

Bob

Pelikan 100; Parker Duofold; Sheaffer Balance; Eversharp Skyline; Aurora 88 Piston; Aurora 88 hooded; Kaweco Sport; Sailor Pro Gear

Eca de Queroiz: "Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently, and for the same reason."

Waterman 58.........by far.

Me too. It's HUUUUUGE. Some how likes a hose pipe. B)

Deccan Masterpiece

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

WO, surely you should have a winged "B" for your avatar in celebration of the great man!notworthy1.gif

Edited by ianmedium

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

I have a Jinhao 159 and it's the largest pen I have width-wise, weight-wise and it also has the largest nib :P I tend to prefer longer but slimmer pens.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind -Romans 12:2

I have a Jinhao 159 and it's the largest pen I have width-wise, weight-wise and it also has the largest nib :P I tend to prefer longer but slimmer pens.

Same here. It is 150 mm long with cap (almost the same as Waterman 58), 127mm with cap off, 165mm posted, and 16mm in diameter of the body (not the cap). I did not weigh it, but I think the site said something like 42g. I cannot justify the money for a 149 crybaby.gif, so I guess this is about as close as I will come. About $11.00 including shipping and a converter - plus about $9.00 for a Knox fine nib. Works great.

My Yard-o-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Nettunio Trident way too big.

Your life really starts when you buy your first Dupont fountain pen; so stop aimlessly wandering through life and buy a Dupont!

Paralyzed US Army Paratrooper - All The Way!

A Danitrio Genkai, closely followed by a Danitrio Mikado. All my other pens are dwarfed by those two.

Being large but not heavy, they are very nice writers too.

Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

I'll list in order my two biggest Fountain pens, and mind you I like all pens and go as small a Stipula Passaporto. So with that said, my Biggest pen is my Danitrio Genkai that meassure's in at 6.7" Long Capped, 5.9" Uncapped and .70" circumfrence. The next runner up is my Danitrio Mikado, that measures in at 6.34" Long Capped, and 5.51" Uncapped, with a Circumfrence of .70". What's funny about the Genkai, is that when I showed it to my friend and fellow FPN'er Jim Hughes, he said it was like writting with a baseball bat that it was so big! Ha,Ha,

Danitrio Cum Laude. A tad bigger than my MB149. :happyberet:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

Henry Simpole "Spirit of Life" silver overlaid huge pen...........but so wonderful to use! Definitely not one on which to post the cap. :roflmho:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Many fantastic pens in this discussion! Does anyone find that the like a fat pen one week and a thinner pen another week? I do ... But I have a couple I think are too slim at the grip, including my Pilot Quattro. I love its look and nib, but don't enjoy holding it ... But can't bring myself to sell it either

Hmmm... I don't know why, but this type of discussion sounds vaguely familiar :

"Show me yours and I'll show you mine. We'll see who has the biggest one. Don't worry. Nothing sinister. I am only curious."