Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nasthen: What green ink is that?

Finalist: your trees are awesome. Can you do Ents as well? :)

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Finalist - bezinga!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

The purple tree LIVES!

attachicon.gifEnt-ertainment.jpg

OH MY ... I want to hang this in my office.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Your Ent is amazing!!!

I love it.

How much time did you need to create it?

Did you use only inks?

I'm wondering how you created the lighter structure lines on the body? (did you carved it out?, white gel pen?,.....)

I treat the Ent as a join to the Bird War comic jam, welcome great that you joined. :)

Thanks!

Here's my steps to tree making:

1. Pick a random color in an EF pen. Sketch the tree's trunk and branches and twigs.

2. Use a green M with some bounce for the leaves. Go quickly and organically.

3. Use Broader nibs with various bright colors to make bark. Vertical quick strokes. Change color and make some horizontal strokes that are almost half circles to create depth.

4. Inks will bleed creating a dark color so use bright inks mostly.

5. Niji water brush with a fine tip on some spots, but not all. Dab the leaves here and there as lightly as possible.

5. White gel pen to create bark highlights.

6. Go back with a needle point xxx ef nib using black to make small details such as twigs, root endings, cross hatching on bark.

7. Use a broad nib with black to shade and you can use the water brush to smear some of the gel ink if desired.

The main thing is use various bright color and build it up with long vertical strokes.

Edited by Finalist

Cool drawings, and really cool tips you've shared there Finalist. Thanks (from a guy who'll be sticking to describing things with words, and coloured inks :P )

Man ... I sometimes hesitate to post here, what with the drawings and the handwriting and the exotic pens.

Well, here goes ... because I have my favourite pen - my grandfather's Parker 51 - back from being serviced and back in service.

BmeJFEbIAAAg9sW.jpg

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

moylek: To me, a Parker 51 would be exotic. Seriously, I have no Parkers and am waiting for our pen club to have a "Parker" meeting so I can test drive a few. We all contribute according to the measure we have been given...

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_435.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140430_120429.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140430_120334.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_422l.jpg

this took a turn...

attachicon.gifTree_Man.jpg

Here's a step by step thing...

attachicon.giftreegrowth.jpg

WOW WOW WOW

WOW WOW WOW

thanks,

but it's actually pretty sad that Coop's bird got hurt.

... I think I hear a chainsaw in the distance.

You must be mistaking... Your dead bird looks like it has feathers...

A Krullevaar doesn't have feathers, it has curls... Also Krullevaars are much bigger than that.

Anyway, you have a dead bird and a big tree. I say we put some logs on the fire and roast the bird.

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Wow, this Ent is amazing, great :thumbup: !

Right this can`t be Krullevaar, he already met Eagle, Dodo and the rest of the crew, and they are now talking about the dangerous creatures and artifacts of Middle Earth and the faux pas of using others people FPs.

But the Ent is in the surrounding and we have to keep an eye on him.

And they got company also from different creatures..... you remember the gleaming sword?

13890247570_edf47d5bbe_o.jpg

(Faber Castell - Castell 9000)

Quick sketch of Azok the Pale.

Edited by Pterodactylus