Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

thank you everyone. I don't have many inks at the moment. red dragon is the best amongst the three I have for inkwash. but I'll try to oblige the next time I post.

and I agree with everything that has been said about 00photo and his post.

amber, yes I meant I'm anxious to finalize my harem - hopefully - and it obviously is far from being final. the quest for flex.

Edited by kalem

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sotto, I tried photography as a side job for several years. It was great fun! Then one day I sat down and computed what my average hourly wage was when I worked jobs. I was making $1.30 an hour doing photography. I only shoot for fun now.

Ha!

Welcome to my world. . .

Edited by Tas

13915154923_551e887f2f_o.jpg

(Montblanc 344 - OB ..... Rohrer & Klingner Helianthus)

You just added a lot more possibilities but also complexity (thinking about drawing middle earth creatures).

Maybe we can win some new guys additionally to join.

Hi Kalem, Coop, Finalist, Tas

I´d like to invite you to join the story :)

Of course everybody else is welcome to join also.

We also didnt seen something new from Irrigger and Prvt. Toter for a looooong time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome 775405984 to the thread and FPN.

This is called shading :)

Ancient Copper is a great shading ink. (but how expressive shading appear is also depending on the paper and the pen/nib))

Pter, I'm honoured to be invited but must respectfully decline.

I have no real idea what you guys are on about. I kind of lost it when submarines and camels became involved.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_dunce_hat.jpg

The first thing you have to accept is that there is still an Austrian Navy....

I like the Middle Earth idea. Who doesn't know how to draw an Ent?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I have no real idea what you guys are on about.

We either.... :ninja: :lol:

Its just fun. I think it starts to become a weird *** Odyssey of some sort....

Someone should summarize the story...what happened till now, because I've kinda lost track....

We either.... :ninja: :lol:

Its just fun. I think it starts to become a weird *** Odyssey of some sort....Someone should summarize the story...what happened till now, because I've kinda lost track....

I can imagine the "recap" may be just as confusing.

If you start at the beginning, there was a ship and a mermaid, then some pirates and a camel. Oh, and a snowman that I think was murdered by fountain pens, or maybe by a manatee, I forget.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

attika89,

I use a Canon 40D with a battery grip (I did quite a lot of motorsports events and needed the extra framerate, i used to have a 5D and would like to get another when my money tree starts blooming.) I have a 24-70mm f/2.8L, 100-400 L, 85mm f/1.2L, and a 100mm f/2.8L. I also use off camera strobes and a wireless strobe trigger. I have a small office and usually just bounce flash 2 strobes off the ceiling to get even lighting.

attika89,

I use a Canon 40D with a battery grip (I did quite a lot of motorsports events and needed the extra framerate, i used to have a 5D and would like to get another when my money tree starts blooming.) I have a 24-70mm f/2.8L, 100-400 L, 85mm f/1.2L, and a 100mm f/2.8L. I also use off camera strobes and a wireless strobe trigger. I have a small office and usually just bounce flash 2 strobes off the ceiling to get even lighting.

Okay, so I no longer feel inadequate that my camera on the phone doesn't take pictures like that!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sotto, I tried photography as a side job for several years. It was great fun! Then one day I sat down and computed what my average hourly wage was when I worked jobs. I was making $1.30 an hour doing photography. I only shoot for fun now.

Well, it's worked out well that's for sure. For me, in addition to photography, add lawnmowing, snowshoveling, parking lot sweeping, corn and soybean hoeing, detasseling, disc jockeying, choir directing, news writing and reporting, haybaling, videographing, antique dealing, chicken house cleaning, constructioning, and nuclear physicisting (OK, just joking about that last one) to the list of non-productive occupations. Luckily my current job of 40 years+ has required experience in all those specialties, and I've made a living.

I would have made a tutuguan of that, but I'm too lazy to take a picture. :D

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

Well, it's worked out well that's for sure. For me, in addition to photography, add lawnmowing, snowshoveling, parking lot sweeping, corn and soybean hoeing, detasseling, disc jockeying, choir directing, news writing and reporting, haybaling, videographing, antique dealing, chicken house cleaning, constructioning, and nuclear physicisting (OK, just joking about that last one) to the list of non-productive occupations. Luckily my current job of 40 years+ has required experience in all those specialties, and I've made a living.

I would have made a tutuguan of that, but I'm too lazy to take a picture. :D

I thought we could compare jobs... I've marked out the ones I didn't have ....

add lawnmowing, snowshoveling , (watering palm trees in the summer) parking lot sweeping, (and painting) corn and soybean hoeing (pruning and fertilizing), detasseling (uh, that may mean something different out here, but I have helped clients after they detassled a dancer at a local strip joint). , disc jockeying (with real phonographs? ... well, I was with the band, so I carried stuff), choir directing, (see the band, does that count?) news writing and reporting, (advertising sales) haybaling, mucking, videographing, but I did upload the digital videos to the internet, and I did the editing when in college, antique dealing (it was an old job), chicken house cleaning, (see the mucking, oh, and egg collecting) constructioning, (and deconstructing) and nuclear physicisting (OK, just joking about that last one) (well, I was a wedding consultant, and now an occasional divorce lawyer super non-productive occupation.)

Luckily my current job of 40 years+ has required experience in all those specialties, and I've made a living. So, what do you do now?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I thought we could compare jobs... I've marked out the ones I didn't have ....

add lawnmowing, snowshoveling , (watering palm trees in the summer) parking lot sweeping, (and painting) corn and soybean hoeing (pruning and fertilizing), detasseling (uh, that may mean something different out here, but I have helped clients after they detassled a dancer at a local strip joint). , disc jockeying (with real phonographs? ... well, I was with the band, so I carried stuff), choir directing, (see the band, does that count?) news writing and reporting, (advertising sales) haybaling, mucking, videographing, but I did upload the digital videos to the internet, and I did the editing when in college, antique dealing (it was an old job), chicken house cleaning, (see the mucking, oh, and egg collecting) constructioning, (and deconstructing) and nuclear physicisting (OK, just joking about that last one) (well, I was a wedding consultant, and now an occasional divorce lawyer super non-productive occupation.)

Luckily my current job of 40 years+ has required experience in all those specialties, and I've made a living. So, what do you do now?

That's a cool list, and I can absolutely relate. And, yes, it was with real phonographs, and real AM radio signals in the Midwest, early in the morning. I played Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Merle Haggard records when they had short greasy hair and wore string ties and sparkly jackets. Now, I'm a cheerleader in biomedical science and Omas Ingegna Scrittorio garage-sale-special FP user:

http://i58.tinypic.com/o5c514.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

Hi Kalem, Coop, Finalist, Tas

I´d like to invite you to join the story :)

I'll play...

Just a quick doodle, made this morning in the office... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking about Hobbits and Deathstars at 8am in the morning...

13919552285_380289f333_c.jpg

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072