Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/2014-04-03_102423.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Amberlea, that is one mean looking nib!

How do you your TWSBI?

This is, I see, a typo, but the first time I read it quickly and thought it said, "How do you TWSBI?", which seemed somewhat provocative. :lol:

Eduardo, I love those Soyuz pens - usable Cold War relics, a rare thing indeed.

Tringle, I love that Italian pen you showed a few days ago.

Uncle Red, the No-name Japanese pen has great flex and writes with a little tooth if one bears down. If a light touch is used the pen seems very smooth, and it is also smooth when flexed. Like many vintage pens, it takes a bit of getting used to and a little time to find the sweet spot of pressure, angle and touch, but when you do, ooh la la!

Here's a large OS pen made by a company about whom it seems impossible to find any information. The pen is cherry red striated celluloid, and the ink is a little orange I think for a perfect match, but wow, what a nib. If you look, the ball end is quite pronounced, and even so it provides lines from EF to 2.5mm.

fpn_1396548637__wright_os_flattop_flex_n

fpn_1396548656__wright_os_flattop_flex_n

fpn_1396548676__wright_os_flattop_flex_n

fpn_1396548713__wright_os_flattop_flex_n

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Hi Amber,

by chance I spotted one of these leisure pirates. ;)

He seems to be quite happy to be alive and want to thank the FPN goddess of inks for performing a miracle to save him and his buddies.

But now their expectation is that the well-disposed FPN goddess of inks find also a way to rescue them from their life rafts as the Submarine with the strange looking birds submerged.....

13609575263_38617b8fcf_o.jpg

(Serwex MB - flex EMF ..... ESS Registrars Blue/Black)

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/2014-04-03_102423.jpg

Never seen that kind of nib. Is that standard for this particular model or a custom job?

Edited by ArnoldKelly

Soyuz are pretty reliable pens. They were made with top materials and with very accuracy till seventies... Before that, the quality falls and the story reaches the end... A sad end...

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

Never seen that kind of nib. Is that standard for this particular model or a custom job?

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_253.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_254.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_255.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_256.jpg

20140403_125906.jpg

20140403_130308.jpg

Right now some J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage. I don't have any reds yet. Recommend some?

Right now some J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage. I don't have any reds yet. Recommend some?

Oooo.... what kind of red do you want?

Amberlea:

What is the purpose of those side notches on the big bad boy nib, just to make it look big and bad?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.