Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

I'm very jealous of your skill with an italic nib! :thumbup:

Thank you! I really enjoy using that nib! :happy:

Oh, yes! I love all shade of its color.

I used it for some drawing as well. Great fun!

Edited by attika89

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20140318_152208.jpg

No, Uncle Red... Long Life, is a button filler pen... It is a CHINESE pen, made on fifties. It is very common to find on eBay NOS, but probably they were poorly stocked and almost all needs to be re-saced and polished to work. I like very much my Long Life. The elastic nib show good results in penmanship...

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

OH MY .... REALLY???

I just got off the phone with the Police Detective ...

Me: {Redacted} Yes, the person answering your phone stated that the car would remain in impound until someone confessed to the crime.

Detective: I'm sorry to hear that, may I suggest you report that behavior to Internal Affairs, and here is the number.

Meanwhile - car will be released and no one need confess to any crime.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_202q.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I just received a brand new Parker Sonnet.medium nib. It is a very nice pen and writes very smoothly. Following the Parker tradition , easy to disassemble and to clean.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2826/13243953105_2fb0f3b2f8_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3678/13243951195_6d7ee94e23_b.jpg

Edited by frolland

It's a Surefire Lumamax L4, Novatac EDC 120P with extended body and a 4Sevens Quark 123 Mini Titanium (a gift from David Chow, Mr. 4Sevens himself :) ).

There's a few more where those came from... Surefire E2, E1W, E2W, L2, U2, 4Sevens Quark CR2 Mini, Quark 123² Tactical (warm tint), Maelstrom S12, Preon SS, Preon 2AAA Ti, Leef/Surefire/Wolfeyes frankenlight, Mag85, CMG Infinity, a couple of Inova's a Zebralight (H30 I think), a bunch of Fenixeses, some chinese cheapies, a bunch of vintage lights and a few more I forgot... :)

Haven't bought any new ones for a while now. Recent developments just don't offer enough added value to update. A few more lumens here, a new UI there, sure it's all nice, but never in the combination I'm looking for (2x123 light, deep carry clip, 2, maybe 3 programmable levels of which the lowest has to be 1 or 2 lumens, warm tint). So far the Quark 123² Tactical does what I need...

Anyway, Let's get back to pens now... Unless someone wants to bring up headphones and see me get carried away even more :)

Damn! I was sure I had a problem situation loool!

I do have 4 preons, ( 4 colors) a few Maratacs AAA, brass and polishes SS,, and a few Fenix's E01 a AAA Led Lenser and a few cheapo's :) Oh one a bit bigger, A Led lenser T7, great for outside :)

I got a thing about CR123, not as common as a AAA or AA, and I got to admit I never had a light fueled by those ( yet)

Some Waterman Gentlemans, a Waterman 512, and a Shaeffer Skripsert - please forgive the spelling.

post-22021-0-53156500-1395192677_thumb.jpg

Edited to finally get this photo to attach!

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd338/Jeje3325/Stylos/P1050722_zpsa52f6de2.jpgSoo many nice pends an scripts, Really fun

@ frolland, I like your Parker :)

Edited by Jeje3325

20140318_112215.jpg

Thanks Uncle Red. I do feel better. Glad you like the drawings, too. The one on the left is a Zentangle design called "Cadent" and seems to be the easiest one for me to draw. :)

And because the phone conversation kept going ... really.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_202p.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Those really are a couple of gorgeous Lamys, Amberleadavis!

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Those really are a couple of gorgeous Lamys, Amberleadavis!

Thank you. I have three of the Al Stars and all three have had to go back to Lamy for repair. That makes me not a very happy camper. I do however, love how they look and write.

Thank you. I have three of the Al Stars and all three have had to go back to Lamy for repair. That makes me not a very happy camper. I do however, love how they look and write.

What kind of trouble were you having with the Lamy Al Stars?

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

What kind of trouble were you having with the Lamy Al Stars?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l187/mistercharlie/fpn/murderofsnowman_zps24bd6934.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l187/mistercharlie/fpn/murderofsnowmanpen_zps6aa431ce.jpg

I believe there is a joke buried in there somewhere, of which I am not properly equipped to dig up.

But I do have a couple Waterman Harley-Davidson FPs that I should dig up. :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg