Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

That is the first "bonus volcano" pic I've ever seen! Makes me feel like a weenie for complaining about a little snow. :)

Ditto and if I try and complain about the heat this summer, just smack me around a little.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always have six of mine with me... todays set is...

http://i.imgur.com/JyqCdMz.jpg

Hey welcome to FPN that a great line up of pens and ink!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

the ones i use everyday

http://i.imgur.com/dvlD0Ls.jpg

Welcome to FPN!!! I love the "old" guy.

the ones i use everyday

http://i.imgur.com/dvlD0Ls.jpg

:W2FPN: Good to know I am not the only one using fountain pens to battle Maxwell's equations. :-)

Just last year i was battling with them with my trusty safari too!, and after 12 years since i last saw any math in college... that course i passed, did fail the signals and systems course, stupid Fourier and Laplace transforms XD... should've enquired as to what i needed to have fresh math-wise for the telecommunications part of the Masters hehe. I knew what i needed to do, just didn't remember the result of the transform or how to do them hah, and didn't have them in my cheat-sheet oh well.

My Lamy Safari is always in my line up too.

the safari is good for everyday use. im left-handed and find this nib smooth. its comfortable if you use to write many pages (my case).

the black nib is somewhat smoother, or it may be the ink...

Welcome to FPN!!! I love the "old" guy.

thank you! :) yes, he is very important

Just last year i was battling with them with my trusty safari too!, and after 12 years since i last saw any math in college... that course i passed, did fail the signals and systems course, stupid Fourier and Laplace transforms XD... should've enquired as to what i needed to have fresh math-wise for the telecommunications part of the Masters hehe. I knew what i needed to do, just didn't remember the result of the transform or how to do them hah, and didn't have them in my cheat-sheet oh well.

yes, we also had topics on FT and LT.

it may be indeed tricky sometimes. in exams its important to know the content, but even more important is be able to do it in time

I thought that it was a mechanical pencil! Very Interesting pen.

Today evening I thought it is time to draw an own handmade avatar.

(Serwex MB - flex EMF ..... ESS Registrars Blue/Black)

(Faber-Castell Polychromos)

Ptero always amaze me with his drawings. Congrats for new avatar!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

I thought that it was a mechanical pencil! Very Interesting pen.

Here is a photo of the "guts" - the section (remaining part of the rubber sac not yet scraped off), internal wire part, and screw-in stylo (I suppose it could be called a nib, but I don't think that's right). The part that had me worried is that the middle wire part floats freely inside the section, but tringle assured me this is ok. So far the pen works flawlessly - my first try ever with such an animal. I don't think I will be giving up fountain pens, but these stylos are pretty interesting. I think somewhere I have a whole box of NOS stylos - I'll have to have a look now that I've done this one.

fpn_1394231865__img_8815_767x1024.jpg

Ptero - I love the new avatar! :thumbup:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

.... I think somewhere I have a whole box of NOS stylos - I'll have to have a look now that I've done this one.

Interesting phrase...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

fpn_1394237998__dscf0084.jpg

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

fpn_1394237998__dscf0084.jpg

Wow, nice pens,... :) especially Verne, could you be so kind and post some writing... I am interested what nib is it?...

Sotto, I have a couple of pairs of socks like that. :D

Do they both have the standard fine nib?

Today, it's Franken-Schrades:

http://i62.tinypic.com/im01nl.jpg

Looking good! :)

fpn_1394246290__dscf0085.jpg

fpn_1394246347__dscf0087.jpg

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Uncle Red: Yup, both nibs are the standard German iridium in Fine, and they both write like a butterfly.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vj8qif.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/qrx1kh.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

All the gorgeous handwriting and shiny things make me hesitate to share this, but I've got a currentish picture, so I'll share it:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7319/13005244644_b49f88e5e6.jpg
The vintage pen was a complete shot in the dark, and I'm thrilled with how well it writes, and with the fine nib. The Metro is nice, too, and I have no fear of taking it places.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts